Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Any quick tips for coping w/ withdrawal from opiates?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I am going through some pretty severe withdrawals from opiates (norco, vicodin, etc.) and am hoping that someone out there has "at home" tips for me.  I already take Xanax occasionally and suspect that I will need to take it more often to cope, but is there any at home remedies for detox?  I have two boys to take care of so I can't stay in bed all day, you know?  Please help!
Tags: Addiction
Look to the bottom right of the page to the most reviewed health pages you will find somethings there to help. There will be others with more information.

Welcome and keep posting we are all here to help
Hot baths, make sure you eat (even though you don't feel like it), drink fluids, and do a lot of stretching. I popped in a Yoga DVD and forced myself to do it. On the 3rd day of w/d I was very anxious, so using the Xanax may help you but don't over-do it. There's really nothing that will keep you feeling 100% w/d free, even with the help of another narcotic medicene, so I would just try to keep your mind busy. Good luck!
I have no home remedys for opitates as my doc was diffrent> I just wanted to say congrats you on trying!!!
Look at the thomas recipe, bottom right of screen. Many people swear it helps. Otherwise, us the xanax when necessary. The thing is, withdrawals are what they are. You probably should have some help with the kids, for a few days. It seems different, for different people, as for severity, and time. Allow yourself a week of few responsibilities, and ride it out. You'll begin feeling better, and that will continue for some time. Who knows? 35 days clean, and still feel better, most days. Straight life isn't always sunny, so expect a few down days along the way. 1 week. That's all to get back on track. Find a way to have that week of down time. I wish you the best of luck.
Take the advice and check out the Thomas Recipe (link at bottom right page) - also do check out the Amino Acid Protocol also.........it is valid. Good luck ... keep using this forum also
Hot baths with Epsom salts. Drink lots of fluid and Gatorade. Immodium for what ails you and taking walks. Eat lots of bananas too. If you have trouble eating. Drink some Ensure. It provides most of what you need
Please do not take more of your Xanax as these are addicting too.  Write to Avis for a taper schedule - I have read where she has written for others.  My DOC was Norco's too.i had been on them for years for various ailments. I reduced down to 6 (7.5) a day spaced out 3x a day--(that means 2 pills every 6 hours when awake.) I did that for 2 months then I did a fast taper.  
5 pills for 2 days
4 pills for 2 days
3 pills for 2 days ( I took one Tylenol with each pill)
2 pills for 2 days (took one Tylenol with each pill)
1 pill for 2 days (I also took one Tylenol with each pill)
1/2 pill for 2 days.(Took one Tylenol with each half)

On day Zero I took 2 Tylenols 2x that day plus a Rx NSAID.

So far so good.  I am on Day 9 of No Nacotics. I have also excerised a little (You don;t want to overdo it if you don't excercise regulary becuase you might pull a muscle and then you're sunk). Also took Zinc 25mg daily.  Had plenty of fresh fruit & Orange Juice.  An during my detox, I ate any kind of food I wanted (to make me feel happy.)  Of course now I am dieting...but I am not taking narcotics!

Good Luck Sweetie. You can do this.  If you need someone to hold your pills and just give you a certain amount at a time: Ask a friend...or parent or someone you trust.  You can do this.

SJ

I also forgot: I also took long hot baths at night. I think this is very important too.
One more thing I also forgot (sorry but I can't figure out how to edit posts here):  I also have .25mg Xanax.  But I have been REAL careful taking these.  I never ever abused these--they never made me high and I only took them when I flew on a plane or before I started taking the Norco's.  After I started the regular dose of Norco's my anxiety went away.  (duh--imagine that!--that should have been my first clue something was up!).  Anyway, I use to take Xanax just for anxiety.  After reading here about having trouble sleeping while detoxing, I took a half to a whole .25mg at night so I could rest.  

And I haven't taken any more than one .25 dose a day.  My anxiety was always in the summertime (because of something that happened to me years ago.) I use to only take it for about 5- 6 months of the year, Then my panic attacks totally went away and I just stopped the Xanax.  Never had to taper off.  But I was on a very low dose.

Be careful on those.  Sorry for so many posts but I felt I had something to add.
The thomas recipe is a great start...exercise is a great addition to the recipe...posting is also a great addition...keep posting as u go along and have questions and address ur specific needs that may arise...the forum helps as much as they can according our own personal experiences...keep posting
Great advice given...Just wanted to say welcome, and congrats....How many days are you on??
r2r
I suppose that,being new here - a general synopsis of how i came to be under the control of such meds is appropriate.  It'll be long, so brace yourselves.  I was your typical teen, experimenting w/ various drugs, but when I became pregnant @ 19 I stopped everything (lost baby to miscarriage), continued to be clean from everything and eventually got pregnant w/ my first child who is now 8.  Everything was randy-dandy for a long while.  I became pregnant w/ #2 and immediately developed problems w/ nodulocystic acne (huge boils all over my face - very disfiguring).  My doc put me on various drugs to treat it, but nothing ever helped.  I finally had to resort to a horrible med called accutane. While it cleared up my skin problem, the side effects were (and are) devastating.  In retrospect, I am not sure what I would do now - live with pain and embarrassment of acne or suffer the horrendous side effects.  Since taking accutane i have since developed kidney damage as well as rheumatoid arthritis.  It was then that I started the pain killers.  Generally speaking I have high tolerances for ANY meds, so it didn't take long to build the "tolerance".  So I went from having to take 1-3 Vicodin ES to 4-6 and 10-12 and have taken as many as 22 Vicodin HP per day recently. So, here I sit on the eve of my cold turkey without any idea what hell is in store for me.  I live behind a smoke-screen, nobody knows what I am going through or dealing with.  My mother whole-heartedly opposes any opiates because she had some friends die from heroin OD many years ago.  My husband (who lives in Canada) doesn't know the degree of my usage - he believes it to only be recreational.  I am no longer getting "high" from the meds.  They are what keeps me reasonably normal - i feel like super-mom! Able to accomplish anything, do anything with my kids and just generally be HAPPY!  All without feeling like a zombie or anything - just normal. So I am really in for a shitstorm I expect.  This was not necessarily voluntary, if I had my choice right now, I would continue taking them.  I have many stresses coming up right now - immigrating with my children to Canada and moving all of our **** there.  So I'm not entirely sure that I am going to be able to cope with this on top of all of that.  So that is me in a nutshell - an accidental addict i guess.  but aren't most of us?  thanks for everyones support.  Means a lot since I don't have anyone to talk to this about.  I have no insurance so i really can't afford to seek counseling or actual detox in a facility.  Talk to ya'll soon! I'm sad already :'(
So tommorrow is day one??  It will be rough , but not impossible...there is something in your post that stands out...You say " If i had my choice i would continue them"?

You have to really want this...110%...I am 8months off of alot of lortabs a day...I wanted this almost as much as i wanted my children....Is it that u don't want this because of the move??  I can tell u this, It has been one of the hardest things for me to get clean and stay clean, well probably the hardest...And i think i am a pretty strong person, but there would be no way i could move during w/d's are a while after....When are u planning on moving?  Is there anyway you can taper so you can move, then do it once u are settled?
Glad u found this forum 2
It has really saved and keeps saving my b u t t
r2r
well, today is day one and i woke at 5:00 this morning w/ my heart racing and on the verge of a panic attack because i know what awaits me. i do not have the ability to taper off because i am completely out and as i said, nobody knows what is going on w/ me.  So, i am left to suffer and wallow in my own misery.  i have no health insurance so seeking professional help w/ detox meds or tapering isn't really an option.  even if i had a stash of them, i don't think that i yet would have the willpower to NOT take them.  will keep you posted.  need to get the little guy up out of bed now.
Don't dwell on the future too strongly - this can be different for everybody....I would assume that you have had the flu before? Try and put it in that perspective. You really don't want to emigrate to Canada and take an opiate problem with you - they sell codeine OTC in Canada.......if you don't wish to quit it will probably just get very ugly for you, the kids, and the husband. You already know that you blew past recreational use a while back - take some advice from these people and check that Thomas Recipe and Amino Acid Protocol..........and best of luck to you
Hang in there girl you can do this ! Just think how much better you will be for the little guy. It will be rough you are gonna have flu like symptomslike you have never had before, but they won't last forever just 4-6 days for the worst of it.
Good luck and God bless.
"T"
i have just gotten back from the health food store - came home with a bag full!  got a mega-amino acid complex that contains stuff from the thomas recipe.  also got calcium, magnesium and zinc.  also got a homeopathic remedy that is called (fittingly enough) Rescue Remedy.  we shall see if these things truly help.  still have the racing heart, but i have an (as of yet) undiagnosed arrhythmia problem that i have had since about 16.  should probably get it checked out as my sister had mitral valve replacement at the age of 32.  but w/o insurance, that would be pretty difficult. keep on truckin!
day one has been really difficult.  the usual things that i've heard about though, i suppose. flu-like symptoms generally speaking, with tachycardia (racing heart), palpitations, and extreme cold sweats.  am taking the thomas recipe (maybe not 100% exactly, but the basic idea). unsure whether it is helping or will help at some point. have to maintain some resemblance of a "normal" appearance as i am going through this alone. this forum has been very helpful but it would be nice to have an actual person in front of me to discuss all of this with. i am hoping that sleep will come somewhat easily, though not thoroughly expecting it. i have been in touch with limodan73 who joined up the same day as me and is consequently starting w/d @ the same time. will keep everyone updated on the progress.
Good luck...IT is awesome to go through it together...ME and AVIS are one day apart....Remember hot baths are a life saver....Good luck.
praying for you!
r2r
check my " journal", lots of good info in there
its 4 am and i am coming off a 7 year stretch from oxys after brain surgery,idid the taper from 300mg a day down to 20, i thought the "pains " wouldnt be so bad.....b.s. this still *****!!! this fourm has helped thx....shanea
hello
I'l bet you don't feel like posting -- even sitting up, for that matter, but when you get the chance, how's it going?
hi i am coming from a oxy addiction for a little more than a year. i started out on 20/40 mgs a day to taking 80mgs a day now. i always crushed them and snorted. i have tried to quit a few times but because of the mind of anxiety of WD symtoms (symptoms) i have resorted back to oxys. I have 7- 80mgs left in my drawer but i am not touching them unless my WD symtoms (symptoms) get so servere i need a line to calm myself down. But this will be my tapering down method until i can function without the use of OXYS. I did take two small lines when i woke up this morning.....Thanks to all that is reading i hope we can all make it through together. I will post updates to all of you guys to see how i am faring.
hey guys i am back again to give some updates. i am on day 5 of going cold turkey. i have slipped and snorted one 80mg thus far, and not because i wanted to get high but only the w/d was getting so unbearable. what kills me is the restless leg symptoms. Other than that it has been okay. I have not been puking, no diarhhea or hotflashes. It just makes me feel better that i do have these pills on the side if my W/D does get out of control. I have been smoking some pot for a few days now and it did help me get my mind off of these pills for a good few hours. You dont have to smoke alot but a few hits here and there helps me greatly. I am glad that i dont have to wake up and yearn for these pills. what keeps me going is the thought of staying clean but of course we all know that this doesnt happen overnight. i will keep post let you guys know how i am doing. Thanks for anyone listening and if you guys have any comments about battling restless legs then give me a email. please type in restless leg in the subject line so i dont delete it thinking it is spam. Email me at ***@****. Thank you all!!!
you are just fooling youself. You are not cold turkeying. You keep doing oxy every time you start to get WD symptoms. You will run out of them and then end up relapsing. I would get rid of what you have and ride out the storm its going to suck for a week but then you will get better $.02
First off, this post is over a year old so "mindgamez53" if you want to get some advise I suggest you start your own post.

I do not tell people if they are clean or not but I have to say this time that you don't have 5 days my friend. You didn't slip, you fell in a hole. Where on the prescription label does it say "snort every 6 hours if needed?". That is addict behavior all by itself.

Smoking pot, although I will not give my personal thoughts on it, is not helping in your case either. You are continuing to look for something to help you through this and it is one drug after another.

If you have no other underlying health problems, then put the drugs down. Get rid of what you have and take a week to get through this. I promise it will be worth it. All you are doing is delaying the inevitable.

I truly wish you the best and hope you make it.
I know exactly what you mean, im picking the school hols to do my cluck, and yes its a mare the only way you can look after your babes is do your cluck, no pain no gain, and then you will be an ace mum, get a baby sitter or the dad to look after your kids while you do your cluck, tell them you have the flu, babes you will then feel better, i got there felt happy, and like a prat picked up again, im gonna clean up again too, i know your pain and how hard it is, and how easy it is for idiots like me to say well just stop it, well this idiot speaks from experience , i wish i could listen to my own advice  sometimes, i wish you well babes, you know what to do, i hope you and me both just do it, lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxx
you guys are absolutely right i do not have 5 days under my belt since i fell in hard. I figured that the less mg i do everyday the better chance i have of being able to allievate my WD symptoms. I do have to agree that alot of it is mental and its about fighting my inner demons to stop trying to find ways to snort things up my nose. I did take your advice and i gotten rid of all my pills by flushing them down the toliet which sucked but if i do not see them around then i will not resort to trying out a line when i am going through my withdrawals. it is even a miracle how i am typing all of this. I am going to "man up" and tackle my issue head on. About the pot, i am not advocating smoking pot, but i see it as a way of at least finding an alternative without having to snort any pills to be able to function for the rest of the day. I have been clean since my last relapse but what has been helping me through these restless legs is excersie whether it is walking, running or riding my bicycle. I have noticed that i do have a better chance of staying asleep at night if i do my excersies about 10 minutes before i get to bed. I do not have any health related problems but my drug use have been strictly recreational. I just wish i could have been smarter about what i was taking when i first started these stupid pills. Thank you guys for the comments and support and i will post updates to let you know how i am doing. I gotta take it one hour at a time. I hope all of you guys are faring well with your battles with addiction. it sure makes me feel a lot better knowing i can vent on here and someone will listen.
Ok i have been off Norco since yesterday at 7am i feel cold, chills NO SLEEPING but you know what else i feel... PROUD, WHICH OUTWEIGHS everything else, i know it has only been one day and i have tried this before but this time i am so sincere. I want to be a grandmother someday i want to have a 50yr wedding anniversary with my husband i want my daughter to look up to me with pride in her eye and know she can take the world on and do anything she puts her mind too without drugs how can i tell her to not do drugs and be a pill popper? I woke up yesterday found this website and finally got the courage to do something i wanted to do for a long time. I feel ok im pretty anxious but not nearly as anxious i use to be when my pill bottle was running low. I feel free.
i hope you can battle your addiction just like i am doing. it has been 7 days into my cold turkey detox. my restless leg wd has lessened down greatly, but still battling with the lack of motivation and depression since i do keep thinking about jumping back on the wagon. Take it one minute at a time! i think about how i am going to beat this as my motivational tool. even though the mental part is torture.....i do not want to experience this ever again. Just keep up the good work on what you mindset is and i wish you all the luck!
wisjh there wasan easy way, there isnt babe, thats why its so hard to stay away, ive got myself sone meth valuim and dope probably not the best idea in the world nut its keeping me off that ****, good luck babes xxxxx
Studies have shown that using cannabis helps one to stop using opiates.  Google it and educate yourself.  I was able to stop using oxycontin 240-400mg a day with the help of medical cannabis.  

Too bad doctors cant be honest.  Money and pharma drugs are the bottom line for most doctors I think.  Cannabis is a natural herb that has never harmed anyone.  It helps many many people.

Respect

jon
Thank you for your support!, I am not at 11 days, I feel so good, I can look at my daughter and really look at her. It has not been easy we all know that but i feel good TODAY and thats all the matters. One day at a time right! Back at work since Monday and it was like i had died and gone to hell but when i got home i cried and looked at myself in the mirror and just said 'I DID IT'  and hoped the next day would be better, and it was. So with 11 days now i am sure i will be a success story i want to thank everyone on here you really motivate me and i am so happy i found this site,
" I am now at 11 days" I had a misprint.
im back to give a few updates. it is now 25 days and counting. i still get mentally down for a few days during the week but physically i have been very good. been able to sleep better no diarherra, puking, headaches you name it. I just have those days where i feel emotionally depressed because i am not getting high. i still think about getting high but not doing it outweighs the negatives.
Hot baths, lots of water, i got into a computer game on the comp and this forum to get my mind off everything as often as possibly.
this wont be easy there not magic cure or anything your gona need to sit in bed some of these days or on the couch sorry to tell you but sooner than later youll be back to normal, carful with the xanx tho, it might be doing more damage than you think. The only thing that i ofund that cure this thing is time, im over a year and a half clean and i just had a urge to wana take somthing tomorrow when i get up, i found myself googleing " what does beig high on pain killers feel like" cause ive forgoten i read a couple pages and then came o realize i need to come here and i did and your the first post i had seen and it made me snap back to ayways yeah..... you can do this you really are stronger than this whole  thing its just one of those things you just have to do.

good luck youll do fine
AFor me the number one savior was to get up and MOVE!
I just wanted to commend everyone who has the heart and the guts to go thru detoxing and experiencing the terrible symtoms (symptoms) of withdrawel. The only thing I did want to say though is that I am always hearing that withdrawel mimics the symptoms of the flu and I just want to say I have no clue why anyone wants to say that because that is so far from the truth. I have had the flu several times in my life along with withdrawel and I must say and im just being realistic that I much rather have the flu 100 times over then to ever deal with the torture of withdrawel the only thing I can say is that you can use it as a smokescreen so people dont have to know whats really going on but on the real withdrawel feels nothing like the flu, flu syptoms (symptoms) really can be tolerated with over the counter medications plus it doesn't create the inablity to sleep unless you congested or something but again theres medicine for that. It doesn't cause restless leg syndrome, depression, suicidal thoughts cravings ect like withdrawel does. I just want to put the true message out there because i feel like people should know how it truely feels and maybe that to can prevent prevention. It litterally feels like your walking through the valley of death, but in order to feel better you have to go and visits hells door but eventually you will start feeling better. You have to muster all the strength you have its literally a fight with the devil itself.
1st day off of norco- was doing 8-10 10mg/day for 8mo straight and 2-3yrs before that off/on for a month here and there-i am just wanting to feel real again. i used to feel just as good-(even better) as the pills made me feel when i worked out everyday and took care of myself. the pills just give you the warm fuzzys that cause you to ignore your body and not take care of yourself. i wanna bikeride horseback ride-i wanna run 2-3 miles every day-i wanna lift weights and feel my body being strong again- cant have those feelings doing these fricken pills. again the warm fuzzys you get for a few hours just cannot compare to being in good physical shape- the pills stole that from me and now i want it back- i will put up with the 3-7day dumps-i want it and i am taking it- some manmade chemical has stolen enough of my life- i am taking my life back
Hi all, day 1 here.  I have been taking about 100 mgs. Of Percocet a day for a couple years.  Started with hydro a few years back then graduated to Percocet.  A lot of surgeries under my belt. Well to make a long story short here I am.  I already am crying and even have my winter robe on ( it is summer here) couldn't sleep last night. And my nose won't stop running.  I shake back and forth like rocking a baby to sleep.  I am doing it cold turkey, starting to cry again.....anyone out there that has any advice for me?
I know this is an old post but it's day one for me and I feel the same way you did. I'm crying and it's frustrating. I have a 3yr old and a 1yr old to care of. It makes me sad that their mommy is a pill popper. I had a injury & couple surgeries which lead me to taking hydrocodone everyday. It makes me feel great..taking care of the house, taking care of my kids, etc..all is easier on norco. I feel like ****..body & mind. I'm trying to be strong..I have to go this alone because nobody knows I'm addicted. they know I take them for my pain, but not that I freak out inside if I don't have them. I feel like a horrible person…thanks for listening.
Love this post....I feel the same way .I want my mind and body back .I want to feel strong again .Thanks for this post
Reading through a lot of these "responses" & I can tell a lot of you with the advice have not been through it yourself. That is honestly the first thing, you want to find advice, talk to someone who has been through it. If you haven't expierenced it first hand, then im sorry, but you have no idea what your walking into. It is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. DO NOT use methadone, the withdrawl (withdrawal) on that is just as painfull and twice the time of just getting off opiates without anything. (regardless of tapers you still feel ****** for days, so you might as well just do it off opiates). If you do it by yourself, cudos to you!! Its extreamly difficult to come off it at home. Why? Because you honestly cannot take care of yourself, you have zero energy, your not hungry - & even if you were you will not get up and make food- you are in constant pain, you don't sleep, & you basically want to kill yourself. day 3 is the worst. day 1 *****, day 2 is worse and day three is hell, by this day you cant stop moving your legs, you can barely move, and if you do, you will be going to the bathroom every 15 minutes ( && I assure you it is NOT a pleasant expierence in there either! ) Your bowels hate you., it will take you about 9 days until you start "pooping" regulary, it takes about 2 weeks to learn how to sleep normally. and depression gets better after day 5. If your doing this at home, grab Epson salts, and seriously, take a million HOT baths a day, this will help your legs, aleeve does work but take too many and it will **** up your stomach, eat a lot of bread, grill cheese worked for me, its quick and easy, trust me, during this week you will destroy your house and you will not want ANYONE to see you. Try smoking weed, helped with the anxiety a bit, as for sleeping, talk to your doc about zopricon, its a hardcore sleeper and they are highly addictive, but the doc will give you a script for ten days just to help you not lose your mind. To be honest, I would just go to a detox clinic for 7 days, they are free, and they feed you and nurses monitor your blood pressure ect. they also give you an anti anxiety med to help a bit with the restless legs, and after day 3 of no sleep they might give you a valium if your lucky to sleep. its a ****** drug, no one knows withdrawl (withdrawal) until they go throough an opiate addiction. Cocaine is a joke withdrawl (withdrawal), after a day your fine, meth is easy, you sleep for about 9 days straight and just eat ( Must be a hard life! haha ) and crack is just a habit. Most opiate addicts are functioning addicts. they don't even care about the high anymore, they are just scared of being sick ( what us opiate users call the withdrawl (withdrawal) ) Its scary, its hard, its painfull, it hurts, I honesty have never felt pain like that before, your bones hurt, and expessially when you don't sleep, 5 days feels like 10! & the depression is very bad, because after being up for 3 days, hurting, in pain, cant focus on anything, cant move, cant even stand up for more than 3 minutes before you just fall because it hurts just to stand and its exahsting. Your head will play tricks on you, and you will want to kill yourself, just keep counting days. writing in a book, I couldn't read, you just can't focus on books or tv or movies. HOT WATER BOTTLES!! life savor, good luck to you, but I honestly recommend a detox center, its free, you can leave whenever you want if you change your mind, they feed you, and look after you, plus your around people going through the same thing, that helps. horrible thing to come off of, no one told me about the withdrawls..
Thank U so much. I ******* don't want to eat anything and I feel like my tummy is ugh almost nauseating feeling. Like its so crappy especially when u don't have someone right there that u love deep down next to u and guiding you.
**** I feel I can combat hydrocodone cause that's the drug that almost took my soul and controlled me.
I feel like Juice from Sons of Anarchy. That agony but u don't want to hurt anyone and thought it wasn't a big deal cause no body cares and isn't affected by it but its not right. One of them was my best friend I will always remember. I been hooked for about 3 years and it was the most comforting thing ever. I don't care who sells it but keep it away from my mouth and my loved ones.
How about Heroin users? Can they go to some detox center?
That's my loved one that's hooked on that even more potent devil.
Nothing but darkness in that ugly drug.
I read your comment and felt like someone read my mind.  I also am a mother of 2 children 6 & 7.  No one knows I am an addict.  I had an injury during a horrible 2 year divorce which was when I became addicted to opiates.  It seemed to help everything, clean the house, take care of the kids, volunteer at school and sports teams as well as work a full time job.  Now I am with a wonderful man and became pregnant.  I have tried many times to kick my habit but the wd was so bad I eventually gave in.  My finance was scared the wd symptoms would be worse for the baby than the pills themselves.  I cant sleep because of a restless mind and restless legs.  I push myself to get the kids to school and myself to work.  The anxiety is killing me.  I'm so scared I cry and feel like I can't beat it.  This is hell and I dont know how I got here.  It would be so nice to have some support and talk to someone through the pain to keep me going.  Since the post is a few months old just wondering if you were able to beat this horrible addition.  It would give me some hope.  Thank you.
Madams317...this post is very old and the members you are posting to are no longer active. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Post A Question" button. It's the orange one on the left. Copy and paste your comment in the new post. this is a great place for support. Hope to see you in the forum. If you need help please ask.
I feel your pain. I am on day 3 of Percocet withdrawals. The first 3 days have been hell. I have cried and every bone in my body is aching. They say if you get past day 3, things start improving. I have even had suicidal thoughts and that is scary. You will get through this, it will be hard, but if other people do it, you will too. I will say a prayer for you.
Please read what I wrote right above you. If you need help just ask.
if u go to your local substance abuse clinic it costs nothing.i did it & it was free
hot baths with ebsome salt halps RLS alot
i agree with u on that..he shouldnt have any in the house
I am so glad to hear someone else is in my position. I have two young children as well and unfortunately that has been here to work so hard doesn't feel like he can help much. I'm on day 5 if it detects a taper down from 600 milligrams of long acting morphine toand was also taking 10 325 milligrams of purchase that up to eight times a day. This is been going on for five years with a break in between two years and four years before that. I've wanted to go out for a long time but then scared of the horrible withdrawals. I finally found someone that would help me taper down after I do my doctor went out of business. It was a wake up call for me to change my life and Here I am. You know so narcotics off any kind For 5 days now. I have triedusing xanax slightly but I'm afraid I have another rejection although I've never liked anything that made me tired. Like you said it gave me energy and I have chronic fatigue syndrome. That's what kept me going.
I have no idea what I was in store for as far as that with jobs. & I got down to 15 milligrams of morphine short-acting and that's it has been a child with you not that bad. This Thursday let's have a draft of all of the skin I'm right outside and inside of my legs as well as outside of my arms to the point where I have abrasions and broken blood vessels and having internet and bad I've had mood swings and depression and suicidal thoughts. And worst part is how tired I am trying to take care of my children. Like a lady during that trashy. I was able to go to my parents house that have that because kids should never seen it. Like that.I thought it would only take 5 days to withdraw and now I hear it could be 12 days for the physical symptoms to remain or even months. I've been on it for so long I'm guessing that it will be Monday. I will I be so depressed and tired and yawning for the next to mine? I just can't handle that with two kids and a family to take care of. Evelyn's here with special needs kids you depend on me also. I just don't know if I can do it. And I'm tired of feeling this way I need help is anyone out there
Can these Methods also be apllied with an Chronic Marijuana Consumer ?(Chronic *chuckles*) I also have ADHD. So on top of that i take vivanse. Was prescribed Zoloft some months back for my mild depression/anxiety. and I have also stopped using those as well (recently. My plan was to cut down or take monthly periods of cessation from weed. but most of all. I just want to know what's mostly the best, natural way to recover because i also have no insurance or medical reference. Just Free intake facilities that feed you generic/placebo meds (I consequently believe) and on top of this. I am a (the system) skeptic. so.....yeah I have clouded judgement on what is really help out here now... Especially dealing with the fact i live in Memphis,Tennessee. The spirit and vibe in this city at the moment is already twisted. But i must keep faith in Allah i know this for one and push hard. Cause i still have a living to make and a job to keep up with. I feel that the fact that i still work in front of a hot grill and facility with pupilary dilation, and fever sweats shows my dedication to Keeping it rolling, so to speak (riding it out with faith) and will power. Thanks for all advice i've read in this forum. It has surely been a help; psychologically, for me.

-Travis
struggling :-(
How are you doing today?
Mama how are you doing today?!!!!
Hey How are you doing in your journey as of now?!
Hey I'm really bad in my addiction. I went to a detox hospital 8 weeks ago, was clean for 16 days from 240 mg of oxycodone. Relapsed and take more than ever now. I have no more oxycodone left and only like 30 Vicodin 5 tabs. I was going to use them to taper off of ? Is that stupid? Should I just to cold turkey? I'm so confused. I just want my life back!! Been riding the wave for over 10 years and I feel my brain will never be normal again, too much damage..,