Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Anyone else about to start fentanyl withdrawal?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I just started trying to ween down off of 50mcg.  If anyone else is about to start there withdrawal let me know and maybe we can support and help eachother get this horribel withdrawal done.
I detoxed of 75 mcg every 48 hours of Fentanyl.  All I can say is go VERY slowly.  What kind of patch do you have?

Fentanyl withdrawal is a bit different than other opiates.  Not as bad as methadone but pretty tough in it's own right.  But it can be done.

At times I tried to go too quickly and that was a huge mistake.  follow the Thomas Recipe and above all, keep yourself as hydrated as possible.

Best of luck.  You can message me if you like.  My history is a bit complicated and I had other meds involved as well as some health issues.  Tapering is the way to go with Fentanyl, if possible.
I have come off methadone cold turkey before.  It was horrible.  How long does the withdrawal last.  I was also taking morphine sulphate- alot like 800 mg daily on top of the fent and i stopped that so I think I am withdrawaling off that also.  
Fentanyl withdrawal can be rough. You have got to stay the course if you are serious. I detoxed from 50mcg cold turkey along with the morphine because one day I looked in the mirror and it scared the hell out of me. I was down to 108 pounds from 150lbs and I had no idea of what this drug was doing to me. My best advise that I did was to stay on top of vitamins daily, hydration., but the worse part for me was the restless leg syndrome. My doctor gave me diazipam 1/2 pill (5mg) which helped. ONLY as needed. The rest was shear determination. The fear of what this drug did to me is what kept me on track. It has been three months now and I have gained weight because I want to eat, have energy, exercise with walking which really helped a lot and I have clearer thinking.
You have no idea of how much control these drugs do to you until you are clean and can see how much control these drugs do to your daily life. That is my experience but ask around how others have detoxed from this demon. It takes shear determination and I know fear worked for me.
So how long did the severe withdrawals last?  I wish I never even heard of fentanyl.  I was clean like a month from rehab and then I met the patch.  I dont wear it though (I know, I know, its dangerous) I have been cutting them in half and I cheek it.  I was wondering what you think, should I just continue to ween down by cutting it to smaller pieces and detox myself off cheeking, or should I start wearing them and then cut them down.  I feel like the transition to wearing them is pointless and I should just keep cheeking less and less.  I feel better today.  the morphine withdrawals really kicked my ***.  I only have been taking the fentanyl for about a month and was taking a large amount of morphine on top of that.  
The withdrawal lasted for me about a month with vitamins and staying on top of exercise and anxiety medication but it took a little longer to get out of my system and get my body to respond back to normal. The posts I mentioned apply only to my experience and I never cut the patch in half or anything like what you described. I first stopped the fentanyl and then two weeks later I stopped the morphine but I was only taking the morphine 15mg, once a day or maybe 2x a day every 12 hours as needed. Exercise really helped a lot, I did a lot of walking.
I know the withdrawal can be rough but worth it in the long run. I had been on the fentanyl for about 6 months but down to 108 pounds from 150lbs. That is what scared me. I was eating but apparently not enough and had no energy and would stay in bed all day long. Now I am up and walking daily and although I have to work through the pain, I am better in the long run.