Are Norco withdrawals worst than Tramadol withdrawal symptoms?
I just got my wisdom teeth removed and I'm in pain but I refuse to take my prescription because I am an addict in recovery and my dentist gave me Norco even after making him aware of my situation. I still remember my withdrawal symptoms from Tramadol 8 months ago and they were terrible (i did the c/t thing). At a point, I tried to kill myself cause I was feeling so depressed.
My question is: how likely is it that I get hooked on these pills and how bad are the withdrawal symptoms?
I would say that the likelihood would be about 100%.Don't make the mistake that I did.Norco is a stronger drug than the tram
Yes, that is what I thought. I feel a little better after opting for naproxen and a stronger ibuprofen dosis. I dont want to risk it. Thanks for the advice.
Hi, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled on my lunch hour - I was 19 at the time.  My dentist gave me codeine, took 1 and it made me sick to my stomach.  (that seems to happen to alot of people). Anyway, I stuck with plain old tylenol for a few days and it worked just fine.  My dentist also gave me scripts for percoset and valium - for 4 little teeth!.   I'd never taken any strong meds before, so I didn't even have the scripts filled.  I guess dentists are not immune to overprescribing.  

Good for you for not taking the Norco!

S.
Thank you for sharing your story. I agree. Overprescribing is sort of the trend. I thought valium was for anxiety, though.