Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Are Norco withdrawals worst than Tramadol withdrawal symptoms?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I just got my wisdom teeth removed and I'm in pain but I refuse to take my prescription because I am an addict in recovery and my dentist gave me Norco even after making him aware of my situation. I still remember my withdrawal symptoms from Tramadol 8 months ago and they were terrible (i did the c/t thing). At a point, I tried to kill myself cause I was feeling so depressed.
My question is: how likely is it that I get hooked on these pills and how bad are the withdrawal symptoms?
I would say that the likelihood would be about 100%.Don't make the mistake that I did.Norco is a stronger drug than the tram
Yes, that is what I thought. I feel a little better after opting for naproxen and a stronger ibuprofen dosis. I dont want to risk it. Thanks for the advice.
Hi, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled on my lunch hour - I was 19 at the time.  My dentist gave me codeine, took 1 and it made me sick to my stomach.  (that seems to happen to alot of people). Anyway, I stuck with plain old tylenol for a few days and it worked just fine.  My dentist also gave me scripts for percoset and valium - for 4 little teeth!.   I'd never taken any strong meds before, so I didn't even have the scripts filled.  I guess dentists are not immune to overprescribing.  

Good for you for not taking the Norco!

S.
Thank you for sharing your story. I agree. Overprescribing is sort of the trend. I thought valium was for anxiety, though.