Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Are there support groups out there for Norco addiction?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Okay guys, I am very new to all of this and just now getting to the point that I would like to get some things in my life under control.

I am a 43 year old man with a habit of taking Norco's or Vicodin's about 5 - 6 times a day.   I have been doing this since 2003 (started with 2 a day and gradually advanced).  I drink socially and have tried just about every drug, but my Norco's are my favorite.  I am a professional guy, I make great money, I have a great house....and that's about it.   I need help but have no desire to go to rehab or tell my folks (and break their hearts).

Is this possible?   I have back off of them in the past, but they just keep coming back.    Anyone ever break free on the down low?   Are their any groups I can attend?

I did attend a group, but everyone was a serious drug addict, I mean street people.   I didn't fit in.  

rightsaidfred
There are no groups that I know of specifically for Norco. There is NA but that is for all types of drugs. Maybe call a local hot line and see if they have a Norco group in your area.

Just curious, what exactly are "street people"?

They are like the homeless, the hardcore drug users.   They talk about needles and heroin and I feel very disconnected.   I am almost embarrassed to say "I take a pill 6 times a day, these people have seen very rough times".  I definitely don't fit in, I went to an AA meeting and I don't fit in there.   I can stop drinking anytime - they don't really seem to get me either.   The stories of blackouts, the stories of vomiting, the stories of near death.....

I need a support group that I feel gets me.   I like to take 6 pills a day, I really can't stop - where are these people.

Thanks for the reply by the way and Happy holidays.
When I used to work in the treatment community I knew of many different types of 12 step programs.  The trick is to find one in a professional setting.  Call a local hospital or treatment facility.  They should be able to give you some good referrals that way.  Don't give up.  Not all the personalities in each group are going to work for everyone.
this is what I was thinking a addiction therapist is private and you do not have to mix if you are not comfortable.. although while going through wd the playing field levels out and we all pretty much feel the same. I wish you well in your recovery. Take care lesa
Hello, I'm too have never heard of a group specifically for Norco addicts.

I had kinda the same attitude going into this as you seem to have. That there is no way i'm gonna relate to a homeless crack addict that walked 5 miles to attend a meeting. Truth is he and I aren't much different. among one of many things, We both woke up in the morning trying to figure out how the hell we were gonna get our next fix. I was "fortunate" enough to have friends and family to enable me to continue. Had it not been for them i'd probably be in his shoes. He struggles just as much as i do on a daily basis to stay clean/sober. Most addicts aren't much different. Just read enough posts here and you will probably find your story. And you might be surprised to find it from a heroin addict that at one point was taking 6 pills a day. Or 6 drinks a day. I guess my point is we all have one thing in common.... Stay clean/sober just for today. Don't think for a minute that the guy who walked to the meeting wearing the same cloths for the last 3 days wont say something that you won't relate with. Shop around a bit. You'll find a group that your comfortable with. You may also consider a private councilor. This isn't a one size fits all thing. Try all options.

I too was addicted to Hydro (Norco). I attend several AA meetings. Almost everyone there has had issues with drugs...Just keep looking you will find a good fit. Good luck to you. Merry Chistmas
im sorry to tell you, NA is the group for you.. all those folks who use needles, black out and stuff.. they used to take just six pills a day and could quit drinking any time they wanted too..

give i a try.. if you want to quit..

if not, they will still be there when you are ready

Blessings
you can try therapy, an addiction counselor.... this is what i am doing and it is working for me :) Good luck !