Atarax??
I was just prescribed Atarax. Anyone have any experience with it? He said it was not a controlled substance (neither is Ultram, but I used it too much). Just looking for any suggestions...
Atarax is an antihistamine used to relieve the symptoms of common anxiety and tension and, in combination with other medications, to treat anxiety that results from physical illness. It also relieves itching from allergic reactions and can be used as a sedative before and after general anesthesia. Antihistamines work by decreasing the effects of histamine, a chemical the body releases that narrows air passages in the lungs and contributes to inflammation. Antihistamines reduce itching and swelling and dry up secretions from the nose, eyes, and throat.

Atarax is not intended for long-term use (more than 4 months). Your doctor should re-evaluate the prescription periodically.

LOL..this was cute bettie!!!
too funny....type google. click first one that comes up. and wala!
i thought about putting the 4 month thing in there too so our posts wouldve been identical.
It's not physically addictive, but it is psychologically. For some, (myself included), it numbs internal pain, and the emotional numbness makes the drug addictive to that certain person. I had to stop taking it, and was admitted to the hospital for help doing so.