Ativan for sleep
I have been taking 1 mg of Ativan to sleep for a few years now.....Though not a large dose, I am dependent for sleep on this medication.  Can I just keep taking it or what is the advice?
Ativan is not meant to be taken for insomnia or for a long period of time. My advice would be to speak with your doctor about tapering off of it. It cannot be stopped cold turkey so be careful.
the 2 drugs that cannot be stopped abruptly w/out the risk of seizures are alcohol & benzodiazapeines ,  ativan (brand name for lorazapam) is a benzo, so please talk to your doctor before stopping.

just for some info cuz i know a bit about benzos as i am prescribed xanax (brand name for alprazolam)& hav taken every kind, alcohol and benzos work on the same receptor GABA and can be used  inplace of each other incase of emergency , but Not together.

personaly i never hardly take my xanax even though i am prescribed it daily, because i do not want to be physically addicted to benzo, and i am a drinker.
i guess i should clarify about alcohol, what i meant above is if a person is physically addicted to alcohol they should medically detox, and i have lived with enough late stage alcoholics to have seen this a number of times, if stopped abruptly they run the risk of seizure , the same with benzos, usually librium a low potency benzo is given the first dry days.......