Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Aug 1st.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Aug 1st.

I stopped vicodin/norcos on the 20th. Still clean and feeling great. I have a whole new attitude which is wierd. Im happy most of the time now. I can laugh again. sleeping is still an issue but im sure that wll come back soon enough. i just wanted to tell everyone thanks for all the support and motivation you have shown me to do this.Now my focus is on a certain someone here that really needs help. I want to do what i can for her which is limited due to only helping by computer. I will try my best to she that she can do it too.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and caring about others. These forums are an important way to give each other support and comfort.
Im 3 days sober.  Not sure whats going on or why I have not felt any withdrawl (withdrawal) feelings.  I've been down this road off and on for over 10 years.  I was taking 10-12 10mg percocet for a very long time.  Perhaps the clonidine is helping.  When you have tried to quit so many times, you know facing withdrawl (withdrawal) is the scariest part.  While Im quite sure I can stay off of these meds now having moved to another town and having no connections, I think the hardest part will be trying to get over how I have hurt my family.  I can't believe how much money I have spent in the last couple of years.  Thousands.  We ended up getting evicted and having to live with friends.  I felt like such a loser as a mother.  My children were always taken care of and never went without anything.  I always thought that taking the pills made me a better mother.  I had more energy and tolerance, I just felt all around happy.  That didnt last too long, in the end I was edgy and short and not only thinking about getting more pills but dreaming about it as well.  I would have never thought in a million years this would be my story.  It is and I now have to take responsibility for myself.  I want to be free.  Not always wondering how Im going to get them, which bill not to pay so I have the money, which lie to tell my husband as to where the money went and most of all, not to have to make plans with friends and family contingent upon when I have meds.  I want my life back.  I want my energy.  I want to be truly excited again and look forward to life, not be crippled by this addiction.  Im praying hard for me and for all of us trying to get through this.  
Congratulations!   Your post is very inspiring and should be helpful to those just starting out.   Keep up the good work!