Avenza?????
My back start acting up again. I went to my doctor and he mentioned Avenza. He asked if I wanted to be part of a study. Supposedly it's not suppose to be as addicting. I'm thinking yeah right.  We've all heard that before. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this medication called Avenza. I told him I would do some research and let him know. I guess you only need to take one pill every 24 hours. As of now I'm just trying to deal with the pain. Not sure what to do. I've tried everything in the past. If anyone knows anything about this med, please let me know!
Brian
do u have a pdr?? You can find one online if not and read about it. I have never heard anything of it.
Avinza is a 24 hour Morphine realease. Its like MS Contin except you only take it once a day.  I cant use either (aside from the obvious  reasons for addiction because they are addicting too), but they made me not be able to breathe! Also very foggy headed, dazed and sleepy feeling
brian,  that is morophine based...it is addicting.  i am just trying to look out for.  tell him you want something non-narcotic.
Thanks all. The doctor just said it's not suppose to be as addicting. I can't see that being true at all. I've tried many non narcotic meds and they don't seem to help.I've had enough problems with hydrocodone. Don't think I want to move up to morphine! Thank you all for the info!
just trying to tke care of you...i dont wanna see you go from the frying pan to the fire.
Thanks Cathy. I understand you completely. I have just never heard of it and wanted info before I told the doctor yes or no. I know now what to tell him! I was kind of worried too because I would be somewhat of a test dummy. He said it's a 3 month program and everything is paid for. He said I would also have to take a urine test every couple of weeks to make sure I wasn't taking anything else. Which I never have mixed meds. I don't really want to be a test dummy! You are such a caring person Cathy. You are a great asset to this forum!
I was  given Avinza to try to switch from the duragesic patch to something else.. Its a slow release MORPHINE(great pain killer) better than the patch. by the end of the week I was so sick on my stomach from being off the patch I had to stop taking the avinza and start the patch again..
I have several pathological problems including post-surgical hip problems, fusions and implant suregery in my neck last july, and 3 herniated discs that I'm trying to avoid surgery with. I was prescribed several arthritis meds and they havent worked. i take Lyrica for nerve pain. i have been prescribed Avenza for pain, and Tramadol for breakthrough pain. i haven't started it yet. I'm a recovering addict and alcoholic that has been sober 5 yrs as of this coming May. i have successfully used pain medications in my sobriety because i have no other choice. It is truly a miracle that I have a new outlook on medications now. However, I am scared of this new medication. The pain is so severe. I have tried several different kinds of non- narcotic meds and they don't help. Does anyone have any comments to give me support. I know about relapse due to narcotic pain meds- but I feel I have no choice right now. i am seeing an Orthopedic surgeon soon.. so maybe that will help me. Thanks all- Brenda
avenza is a great pain med but is is verry addative i have been on it for over 8 years for cronic pain its all that helps but i cant miss a dose without going into withdrowl and that is bad if you have had a problem before try to stay away but if the pain is bad enough youll try anything sorry i could not offer anything better