Back pain PLEASE HELP.
I was on Vicodin 10/325s for about 6-9 (it is all a daze) months, I was up to about 6-7 per day, I decided I was done a week and a half ago, and I am 11 days today clean, and 8 days clean of ANYTHING. Reason being, I used Tramadol for 2-3 days to lessen pain, I had mild with drawls but due to vitamins and lots of water, I avoided a lot of the bad, mainly vomiting. After day 4-5 the worst had passed, except ...

Every time I quit after about 24 hours of last use, I get EXTREME lower back pain, about half an inch left of my tail but, and the only way to describe it was that it felt like it was fractured in 10 pieces! NOTHING helps, I figured "ah it's just with drawl" so I suffer through day 3,4,5,6...and then the pain started to really lessen, almost to nothing, however when I put pressure where it hurts, it feels like a deep bruise. The pain is really an "ache" and BEFORE everyone asks **I have NEVER had an injury in this spot, or a back injury period** nothing else hurts, nothing else aches. Then today, and the pain is BACK almost to how it felt on day 1. It went from a 10 to a 4 to a 1 back to a 8-9 today. I have been using "Icy hot" patches, and it really does help, but I can't wear this all my life!

So the QUESTION, is this normal after day 11!? Please God, don't tell me that this may go on for weeks and weeks. I have found very little people who seem to have this pain past day 5-8. Is this just my system firing back up the natural way? I am in so much pain, and I'm crying at the thought of turning back to pain killers when I have NO urge, and no want for them PERIOD...but the pain is wearing me down. The worst comes when I lay on my back without a pillow under my back.

I don't know if anyone will read this but I really am desperate.
its common to have lower back pain. we all recover different speeds. have you tried icing your back or icyhot for pain ??

11 days is huge. i know your fustrated but this will pass. it took me 2-3 weeks to get relief from my back pain. i iknow that isnt what you want to hear. but your body is still looking for the drugs. try a heating pad. praying for you.

my motto- no pain-no gain
Thank you, I have never been a quitter (haha I guess only in some ways) and as long as I know this will pass, I can get by it. I have an extremely strong will, and all I was looking for is that "it will pass" 2-3 weeks, okay I can deal with it, being 11 days in!

Could you tell me if your back hurt in the same spot? Was it isolated to the bottom of the spine? Also, YES Icyhot patches are being LIFE savers.
Hi! I don't know if that is a normal symptom with opiate withdawls. I have a pain similar to what you described on a daily basis due to herniated discs. My pain radiates down my legs and into my feet. I know that aches and pains are common with wds, but if it continues I would definitely get it checked out by a doctor. Hot soaks in Epsom salt, a heating pad, and ibuprofen might give you some relief in the meantime. Good luck to you!
Thank you Ariley, I have been seen by a doctor about it, but unfortunately at the time (this was months ago during a withdrawl) I couldn't bring myself to tell the cause...but she still checked me, did that whole laying down leg lift check, and she didn't see any signs of anything wrong with my spine, and actually said something about being glad it wasn't a "disc" problem.
That is fantastic. Hopefully this will pass for you soon. I know how debilitating back pain can be. Hang in there!
Hey you im 11 days in off of 10/325percocets and honestly have had back issues like yours and what has worked for me is get old sock fill it half up with just plain rice and put it in microwave for min or so then lay on floor with your rice sock exactly wherr it is hurting sounds weird but heck yah it works...
Alr, has your back pain continued? I am sure as you know it's VERY hard to get real info on this specific issue. I have spent many nights awake googling this.

May I ask if you can almost "place a finger" on the pain? Does it get worse when you lay? And does it feel like a bruise when touched? I'm sorry but any info you have would mean so much to me! I have heard of the sock treatment thing before, however I have a heating pad, and it didn't do much, however the IcyHot patches make a big difference. At least we share this!
Hi And great job on your days..I had that back issue bad about 8 0r 7 months ago..It went up & down but mostly stayed where you described..I do have some back issues but this was in a whole other area. I later learned 2 things..One is that the nervous system takes a while to balance back and that we have some kind of sac at the bottom of the spine and that it is full of our poisons..Like it is the last area to leave..Now I do not know 100% if this is true but I will tell you it made a lot of since to me..Because it is gone now.! Ya!!! So just give it time and if it does not go away you might want to try a back specialist since you already went to the Dr..Oh Ya the Kidneys have alot to do with it too during the detox state!
Bless
hey you yes exactly that the bruise thing for sure here is the deal with rice it absorbes toxins as this could help draw out any toxins .