Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Been a while it 3 months and 6 days since I quit

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hey guys been a while since iv been on here I'm doing ok I guess for the most part still not 100% but it gets better everyday my question is after 3 month is it still normal to be kind of down and just worry alot and sleep I still wake up a couple times a night I figure it is but figured I'd ask :-) Newayas I hope everyone's doing good thanks for everyone giving me support in my early days this has been the longest 3 months of my life
First of all congrats on 3 months!  

Sleep is one of the last things to reset it seems. I am at 10 months clean and it has only been in the last few weeks I have seen a positive change.  Be sure you are getting plenty of sun during the day and some exercise.  
Thank you I can't belive it's been 3 months but it's been tough Hoping next year at this time it will all just be a bad memory lol
Congrats on 3 months! That's awesome. I'm 40+ days clean and I'm still struggling to find energy. How's your energy level after 3 months? Btw I still feel down and worry also but my sleep has been good.
Congratulations Lovemyfam! little over 3 months is awesome!!! To answer your question yes it is normal you would have no idea. I am almost 7 months clean and i still have days wehre my motivation is down and i lack a bit of energy. i know it seems like a long time but it takes a while to be functioning 100%, whatever that is. My good friend is 4 years clean and i talk to him all the time. He said after the first year things start to really pan out and level off. Although 3 months, and for me 7 months seems like a long time, in comparison to our using time it is not. It is a great accomplishment but more time is needed. I feel staying busy and just having a positive attitude really helps. Working out or running even when you just dont feel like it, just do it. It will help big time. Alot of people think after a month you will be fine, there is huge improvement but many things are still needed. Aftercare is one of them. So keep your head up it will get better. its just time that we need. God Bless
Oh, and i sleep well but i still wake up 1-3 times per night, I fall right back asleep but it never fails. Every night lol
Lol me to I do fall back a sleep but I have weird dreams  I do as much aS I can and I play with my kids and try to get out as much as I can thanks you guys for all your kind words I guess 3 months is not that long just feels it I guess it's crazy what quitting pills do to you I wish I can rewind to that day where I took my first one not knowing what's a head lol
Ugh if we could only rewind time!! Id be a millionare im sure of it lol. But we deal with the cards we are dealt and we make a better life of it... SOmetimes it makes us stronger.... And a big problem people have is that they think that after the 7-10 days of physical withdrawal they are out of the woods. When in fact it is the months and years after the physical that are the hardest to deal with, that is when most people relapse. They go months and months and althought they feel better, they feel like something is missing. It is a tough battle.
Yes it is the physical withd def seams like a breeze now lol
What were you on? If you don';t mind me asking and Congrats!!! Never look back but keep us posted..Yea being down is normal I believe and every emotions. I just think we tend to forget how normal feels of course and thinking like is this normal im feeling sad or thinking alot..but it's all normal lol...again congrats!
I woke up two or three times a night for months.  Also, the dreams are good....I did not dream or did not remember them when on the hell pills.  I think getting clean and letting me dream is big!  I really think it helps with the depression and anxiety... as we let our subconscious work on those issues while we sleep and it is the dreams that allows us to work on the issues so when we awake we are in a better place.  At least that is my take.