Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Been taking 4 10/650 Lorcet's for years

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Been taking 4 10/650 Lorcet's for years

Myself, like many others here found a time when my consumption was much, much, higher. I have tapered down to 3-4 per day and currently am detoxing at home with the help of Valium, Xanax, and non narcotic pain relief. My question is this is the first time I have attempted detox since the taper, prior attempts while my consumption was high lasted no longer than 3 days before I went back to the pills. What is the possible length before the most severe withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms will continue, and does the fact that my consumption has tapered shorten these symptoms? I have been using them to treat a back injury that I am still experiencing but am tired of feeling that I need these pills to feel normal!
       Your question is a common one around here......Depends on alot of things length of use,how many taken,overall health.....Day 3 through 5 are the worst for me.With lingering symtoms (symptoms) for a few weeks ...Dont let that scare you thats just me.......How long was your taper? The longer the taper the better.......Good luck to ya and keep posting for support...Keith
Well "typically" they say that days 1-3 are the most brutal. I fell into that category as well. Actually,,the first week was the most brutal and then the symptoms started subsiding but didn't completely go away until about day 30 for me. I think its funny because a lot of people think if they taper that they will skip thru or lessen the withdawals and that simply is not true. It is enevitable you are going to have to face them at one point. For me tapering only prolonged them. Don't get me wrong I am not at all against a taper. It works great. But you still are gonna have to face them in one way shape or form. Be careful with the Xanax and Valium too. Don't end up replacing one addiction for another. Start transitioning to a non narcotic pain medication to address the pain issues as well. I hope all the best for you. Have you set up an aftercare program? ((hugs))
It sounds like you caved when you were probably going through the worst of the withdrawals on Day 3.  I did the same thing my first attempt.
Day 3 always seemed to be the worst for me.
Your withdrawals will be lessened if you have been doing a proper taper.  Slowly reducing your intake over a period of time.
Are you having withdrawal symptoms now?
I am now at the two day mark. The first two were bad but its seems to be getting better. I tapered for a year and have been as low as 2 pills per day, taking them as four half pills, and was able to feel comfortable with that intake as well. About the valium and Xanax, I am also taking 800mg of ibuprofen and 300mg of Neurontin to help alleviate the back pain that started all of this. My biggest issue was not being able to sleep while I was detoxing, thus the valium and Xanax. I have pretty much stayed away from the Xanax and I am using half the prescribed dose of Valium to ease my nerves and sleep. I strangely feel that I have plateaued, but am still a little anxious that the next 24 hours could be worse? I am praying that this isn't the case but I guess I will find out.
I appreciate all of your help with this, I am getting help and understanding from family but It REALLY helps to hear from people who know what I am going through. So THANK YOU again.
I just started day two and I am not feeling terrrible.  I was taking 8 to 9 pills a day (6.5 mg's per pill).  Just so I know what to expect, what will be the worse days?
I am closing in on 72 hours and am feeling much better. I got my appetite back last night. Still feel a little weird but the cravings and sickness are almost completely gone. Of course that doesn't mean I still have zero desire for a pill but I know the consequence for going back, and have zero desire to go through this again. usually days one through three are the worse, but you everyone plateau's at different days, usually the worst is from one to two for me.
I am looking for some support outside of my immediate support group but live in a small community so its been a little difficult finding one in my immediate area.
Over 72 hours and feeling much much better. The only issue I am having is extreme exhaustion. Not sure if that's the remnants of the valium still in my system or just my body telling me its been through a lot of crap???? any ideas?
7 days, feeling better every day. I wont lie I still have the urge to use again, but I take the time to celebrate every day clean and that makes it much better. Sleep is getting easier and it helps that I have been on Neurontin.
Day 8 is around the corner...take care...im it u thru this!!!!
you are doing great!  just hang in there...you will start to feel better every day...just try to stay as active as you can...it helps and i was told to try whey protein shakes for energy....it has helped me alot to have one every day.
You're doing it--keep going!!!!
Thanks to everyone for the support. Day 11 is just around the corner and I am feeling soooooooo much better. Feels soo awesome to be clean....WOOOHOOOOO