Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Best books on addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Best books on addiction

Hey Guys,
Would you guys all mind posting the best books you've read on addiction ( for those of you that read any)? I saw in someone's post the mention of A Million Little Pieces...I want to read it, but haven't yet. Although I have been clean since Dec, I like to get the most knowledge and understanding on addiction as possible...I feel I always have to keep my guard up, you know?
Tags: books, Addiction, Recovery
END YOUR ADDICTION NOW  by charles gant..  its about how to recover the body and mind.. excellent read it in 3 days..
Oh, great! Thanks! I'll grab it later when I run to Barnes and Noble! Thanks for the quick response!
You may have to order it.. when I was looking for it.. it had to be ordered from borders.. i didn't check barnes and noble though.. the hard cover is out of print.. not sure about soft cover.. I got mine used on amazon
Signing on to amazon now...thanks so much for the advice!! How are you feeling tonight, hun? Details!!
Did you grab a bite,

I sent you 2 replys, said I would wait until you got done eating...

Just curious if your on now,

if so check my reply's

Love
Todd
1.  You can get End Your Addiction Now at www.powerrecovery.com

2.  Seven Weeks to Sobriety, by Joan Larson

3.  The Mood Cure, by Julia Ross

4.  Staying Sober, by Gorski & Miller

5.  Staying Clean & Sober, by Miller & Miller

** The Spirituality of Imperfection: Storytelling and the Search for Meaning, by Ernest Kurtz - this is not about addiction, per se, but it's a very good Recovery book as it is about a way of thinking and being that fosters Recovery.

BTW:  I read A Million Little Pieces in 2005, when I was about half way through a four-month rehab.  I thought at the time that it was pure BS.  I'll admit that a FEW parts of it are graphic and descriptive in a way that captures the emotional and physical essense of active addiction, but it is of absolutely no help for someone in active addiction who wants Recovery.  

Further, the book has been proven to be FICTION -
see www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0104061jamesfrey1.html
I just started reading "A Million Little Pieces"...........

I hope Oprah would consider mine when its done.....
Thanks, Everyone, for all your comments!!! I'm going to research all those books...I really appreciate all the responses!
Sorry I wanted to mention a book...
"I'm dancing as fast as I can"