Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Brain Chemistry Imbalances after 16 Months

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Just wondering if anyone still had PAWS experiences after 16 months...been in a funk for about a month where movies, even commercials are getting me emotional...little less motivated right now as well...not complaining, just wondering...

after more than 15 months..i still have slumps..but i am not sure it is addiction related,..i think everyone does..my dtr is also in a depression right now so i am keeping my g-dtr...she just got divorced but had been doing great then wham!  I had a bad couple of days last week...rainy and yucky!  I think everyone does//even non-addicts,,,and mine will still cause a bit of craving..my slumps..but not bad
A lot of people are in depression and never reliezed it until after they got sober, but 16 months is a long time for dep. to show its head. I have suffered from depression on and off my whole life, i was clean untill 04 for twenty five years. The way I know that my dep. is about to show up I will start getting emotional at the slightest thing, a song, a story, my own thoughts, any thing will make me want to tear up. Good luck you may want to talk to your DR
Thx to both of you...never had been diagnosed with depression, definitely wanted something for anxiety at times lol but the doc said normal stress in the working world.  I'm pretty upbeat most of the time so this came around and the only time I can ever remember  getting emotional (where I wasn't controlling it), especially over a commercial, was when I was coming off meds so this just made me wonder.

Thx Again...

Your more than welcome if this keeps up and want to chat about the syptoms (symptoms) of depression holler at me and dont let it get out of control dep. is hard it can get a hold on you just like the pain meds do Good luck too you Aaron
Rainy days and mondays always get me down!  think i have heard that before..lol...but for me the rain will do it everytime if it goes on for days at a time..cos i am prone to getting funky...but that is perhaps why i did the pills..why feel fuinky if u dont have to...i will make theis rainy day and monday always get me up!  glad that is not my mode of coping...but it does take a while..and we all have a bad day...and when it is ur bad day(s)..hearing bout my bad days dont help...but u know this wil pass...flguy..u know it will