Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
CHILLS Day 3 CT

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

CHILLS Day 3 CT

How long do the chills last?I'm freezing, then I'm hot. But mostly,I am soooo cold. This is day 3 CT from hydrocodone, mainly lortab. I have zero energy, muscle pain in my legs, and some bad chills. Just wondering how long these chills will last, if anyone knows I would appreciate the information.
Yeah those chills are weird.  Covered in sweat but freezing.  You are doing very well making it to day 3.  I would think they will start to go away soon.  I found the hot sweats to last longer.  Day 3 is one of the toughest so just try and relax and go with it.  You are almost there.
God bless you for your kind words and support. No one knows about my ordeal and this forum is my only place. Ty
Try some hot baths and soak with Epsom salts. It feels wonderful and will really help your muscles.

You can get a sack of Epsom salts at Walgreen's. Not expensive at all. Also, try some Immodium. It works for a number of issues in addition to "runs".

Good luck!
Hi Koko
Yeah I also had the chills. They really lasted on and off for the first week. I also had major sneezing and coughing bouts as well. Hang in there, they will start to go away in a couple days.
Everything is so much better after hell week, so just hang in there ok?
Lots of hot showers and baths for the aches.
Bones
I spent my 1st week in feetsie jammies with a blankey!!!  And YES even though I was sweating like crazy........I was bur nippy freezey COLD!!  It will get better!!

I am at 6 months now....I remember it all!!!  Get yourself a blankey....settle in...breath...chill (no pun intended) and take care of you!

Oh.....I took a zillion hot bubble baths too!!

You can do this!
Laurie~!
6 months! Awesome! Day 4 and I hv some energy, not a lot but better than before. Still hv chills and night sweating. I am going to do this! The Lord is helping me. I am facing left hand carpal tunnel next week and I will take NO HYDROCODONE. This detox is a nightmare and there is no high from pills that can't compensate for the low of CT.

The support here is so wonderful, thank you all.
K