Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
COLD TURKEY is this going to last forever?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

i've been on precsription meds for serious OA (44 and need both hips a knee and shoulder replacement's) went from 75 mcg patch and 6 30 mg ir for break through i used the ir's to get off patch( worse than I thought) then 5 days ago cold turkey from all, WoW! I cant beleive the heebie-jeeebies legs and total body coming off the bed at night EXORCIST like screaming this is hell.My knees hurt so much I can't stand up? how the f___ will this last . my hips hurt the mind is going telling me my hips hurt so much from the flailing at nighttime that. quit those devil pill OC before this is worse!
I want to reach out and give you a hug.  I am 43.  I just tapered for 4 months, then went to detox and rehab.  Is there any chance you can taper?  Can you go to a medical detox?

Hugs
Marie
I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forum. At the very least, can you go to your doctor and explain what is going on and maybe get some help? Of course, you have already made it 5 days which is quite an accomplishment. I don't know about the health ramifications of stopping all of it cold turkey but since you have come this far you may just have to ride out the worst for another couple of days. I am sure others with more knowledge will post soon. In the meantime, hot showers and soaks in Epsom salts will give you some relief. Gatorade, Vitamin Water or Powerade will help replenish nutrients. Immodium is great for tummy troubles. The generic will work just as well.

Please keep posting and feel free to vent or just say what's on your mind. We'll be here.

Peace and blessings to you,

Minn