Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
COPING WITH PARANOIDIA

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

COPING WITH PARANOIDIA

My partner of 20 years came home from rehab 2 weeks ago, had to get of methadone quick as drug testing had started in work. Is on sub now, he has always been a bit paranoid, but now is unbearable. I can't go out, see friends or do most basic things. I am on day 14 of own detox, and findong it hard to cope with, its making it so much harder than it needs to be. Is this normal, or does he need help.
Relationship Counseling with a Church or a therapist... Maybe individual and couple councel??  I think his mind is a bit messy from meds but you have to judge it.  I'm not sure what to say but congrats on day 14 I'm right at 15 myself.  Let time tell, but a longer rehab may be a good idea for him.. ??? in my prayers, your friend Rick
I have no sub experience but wanted to give you a little support.  Typically in my experience when someone is behaving irrationally or paranoid it is because they are secretly using.  Not saying this is the case with your but keep your eyes open.  After my detox and all the h e l l I just went through at no point was I paranoid during withdrawal - just tired and strung out.  Paranoia could be signs of some kind of psychotic episode due to meds or usage of something else that you are unaware of.    MY personal opinion only based on personal experience.  
Hi there!

Now you are at 2 weeks and counting - congratulations!! Detoxing can be quirky under the best of circumstances. According to your post both you and your partner are in recovery. It's possible that his body disagree's with the suboxone. More than likely, it's just a part of the whole recovery process - everyone reacts differently. It could be that due to getting yourself clean, you are perceiving paranoia where none actually exists. It's only one possible explanation. Either way, work YOUR sobriety and allow your partner to work his - it's the only way this is going to be successful. I will keep you in my thoughts and I send my very best! Take care ...  
  Hi...today is the 13th day methadone free for me, I'm not taking sub or anything, and through my whole withdrawal process, I've never experienced anything like that.....everybody's different though....maybe it's just anxiety?????...........
Thanx for your reply, He's going in rehab, when he jumps from sub. I think counceling would help, so gonna go for it. Just hate the way it affects the kids and me. I knowI whats happening is'nt right, but he can't seem to see it. Congrats on day 15.
Find a church, get involved with positive people.  I'm happy he is going to a longer rehab.  I've been to one myself.. Stayed sober for almost 2 years and fell in love and thought I had control... I didn't.. I cut off my source when I moved out of California meaning I cut GOD my source out of my life.  No church, stopped praying.. If I would of just stayed with God and not took life into my own hands I would of made it.  But in doin' this, it was his plan for me..  What he is up to I don't know but I'm glad to be back with him.. I'm not a bible thumpin' preachy type so don't take it wrong but thats what kept me sober.  Positive people and God.... So happy your doin well..  Take it easy funkychick.. your friend Rick