Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
CRAVINGS

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

CRAVINGS

AHHHH!!! I just had the worst cravings by far last night. I have been clean 2 weeks today!! I was miserable, I feel like a zombie, I have been up allll night. My legs were hurting so bad last night. Ibuprophen-no help. Klonopin for sleep- no help. I really hope my day gets better. I tried listening to music last night, it helped for awhile. I tried thinking happy thoughts and why I'm here to begin with and how I don't want to go back to where I started. But addiction is a powerful thing. I would never have imagined feeling this way after 2 weeks. It seems like my depression is getting worse.I have good and bad days. More good than bad or I wouldn't have made it this far. I guess anxiety starts kicking in thinking how much longer is this torture going to last. Reading the posts everyone said the physical wd' s is the easy part. Then comes the emotional. And I absolutely agree now.All I wanna do is curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out. How could anyone ever get themselves in a mess like this? Just wanted to give an update. I'll be fine,just needed to release some emotions.
Tags: cravings
hi missm, sorry you are having to deal with the cravings...it does get better.  i have a journal entry about how to deal with cravings, that have helped alot of ppl here.  i also have an entry about time.  if you get a chance please read them.  they have helped alot of ppl here.  addiction is horribel, but you are well on yur way to beating the addiction and living a happy life.  it just takes time.  remember you didnt get addicted in 2 weeks and it takes longer to get unaddicted lol.  

congrats on your 2 weeks that is real milestone.  keep on keepin on.
cathy
Oh I know how you feel. The anxiety for me was bad too. I would jump at anything and cry for no reason. It does get better, I promise you. You are doing so good. Like Cathy said look at her cravings journal. It helped me last week!

good luck

melissa
Yes, I can also relate to the emotional feeling.. I cried while watching Hannah Montana with my daughter yesterday (lol)..why?, I do not know.. I'm struggling with day 4..and missm2..you have been such an inspiration reading all of your posts.. You just hang in there.. I wish I could be one of those on here that could tell you it will get better, but only being on day 4..I don't know..But i can tell you you are not alone.. The people on here are GREAT and it's nice knowing you have support...
It comes and goes...the mental thing for me...still get it sometimes tho...I get in a funk...but it gets better..hang in there
You all are GREAT....cathy I printed the thing on cravings. So maybe I can rechange the way I think. Thank you!!!!!