Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
CT

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

CT

Had to take some norco this morning because i have a ct to check for more cancer. I am in control though and my wife is also holding them for me. No way im going back to where i was. Just take it as i need it which isnt even every day. Its great that i now have tbe willpower to just take it as needed. All it took was getting through the initial withdrawals. Everyone have a great xmas and keep your head up.
Scott - I have had plenty of ct scans and mri's - you name it - years chemotherapy - lots of adventures.......none of those required any pain meds.  Are you being honest with yourself? If you are honest you will realize that the withdrawals are the easy part.......you better arm yourself well mentally for the Post Withdrawal period. The initial withdrawals are far from the hardest part - - and you are in strong denial if you feel that way!  You also have a great Christmas yourself!  And best of luck.......read the Health Pages entries on Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome ---------------
What sort of CT scan are you having that requires a norco?  I hope you get upfront and personal with your addiction as we lose that willpower and control.  You may think it is all good right now but it will come back with a vengance.  Getting clean is the easy part, staying clean is the hard part.  Hope your tests come back okay.  Let us know......sara
They required my arms to be up over my head the whole time and they have to strap my right arm down because of my shoulder surgeries and problems and my arm will not go that far without strapping it down. So yes i am being honest with myself because that hurts my shoulder like you would not believe!
When will you find out the results?  I sure am hoping everything looks good.......sara
I have a dr appt on january 7th to get the results but im a little concerned. They were asking odd questions and reran the scans several times but maybe its just in my head. Ill keep everyone updated.
Good luck with the results of your test.  As stated in previous posts, I have had more testing done than most people, and not one required the use of opoid pain meds.  I have had ten knee surgries, a total and a partial replacement, my body is full of osteoarthritis, but again, never was norco or any opiate indicated for testing.  I wish  you luck in your search for the issues that ail  you..whatever they may be
Having your wife hold your pills is a good idea , I am wondering how firm she is in dole'n them out. I know how stressful tests of any kind are as I just had surgery for a cancerous tumor on my kidney. I just asked about your wife because I know my boyfriend wouldn't know when I needed  pain meds or not if anything he would want to give them to me every four hours lime the bottle said even if I wasn't in such pain that would require narcos. Anyway for whatever it's worth just something to think about. Be safe.
Becca
Hope all works out with the scan altho NO WAY would i have taken any narco - if it was a pain management you could have taken ibuprofen or paracetamol (or both).  Perhaps it is the way you worded yor post that has made people assume that you take the narco for anxiety rather than 'anticipated' pain.

All the very best and keep strong
I understood his post completely, he cannot hold his arm above his head while they do the ct without terrible pain, so he is taking a norco to ward off any pain before hand. alot of doctor will tell you to do this if you are scheduled for a procedure that takes a while and puts the patient in pain. the doctor and the patient only wants to go through this one time and if he didnt take it, they may have to stop and start again or not even get the test completed.  

I think instead of bashing him ,we should be praising him, he has to take norco occasionally because of cancer pain but has his wife control how many he gets and when he gets them.  

All I can say is congrats on your plan and the will power to go through with this.Good luck!
You are exactly right. I had to hold still and with my shoulder in that shape it is awful in that position. As for my wife holding my meds shes a real hardass because she is not going to let me get back to where i was as well as myself. She limits me to 4 a day tops. Most days just 1-2 unless im in horrible pain. So its all good. I am being completely honest with myself and my wife.
I am glad to hear your wife is stingy with the meds. I got to thinking about the earlier post I sent you , didn't mean for it to not be supportive. I agree you are doing what you can in a tough situation. It also reminded me that while I was drinking and useing wild horses couldn't have stopped me from getting high much less my boyfriend. No one could make me get clean I had to want it.