Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
CT

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

CT

WELL, I tried going CT over the weekend, PURE HELL, the sweats were uncontrollable, the muscle aches as well, I just couldn't do it...I need help. It was soooo bad, I swear I just couldn't function. I'm sooooo scared...
What are wou withdrawimg from?  
Going CT vs tapering is not only a personal choice, but also depends upon the med.  
I completely understand what you are saying...it is miserable.  And...it is terrifying - I know.
This forum is wonderful, all the support that is given here far surpasses that of many Dr.s.  
Were you addicted to you doc for a long time?  
Once the decision has been made to quit - and you are 100% ready - YOU CAN DO IT!!!  There are people here to help you...
Have you been reading over the foru,?  There is a recipe for detox here somewhere (the Thomas recipe).  It involves natural remedies...i.e vitamins, drink lots of water, bathe in epsom salt frequently, and as miserable as it sounds...exercise.  The more you do, the faster your wd will be over.  Naturally, no one is going to feel like running or doing anything high impact, but just walking helps.
Talk with you soon.
No it's not fun but if you are going to quit you have to come to CT at some point. Remember the hard WD only last about 4-5 for most sometimes longer. It took you longer than that to get hooked on the drug of choice. I'm sorry to be so blunt but it takes you making your mind up and time to get through it. You can do it if you make your heart and mind up to.
Please stick with us and just keep reading,there are also vitimans ect that one can take to make it more tolerable.It is so much easier to do when you know what to expect,but it would help us to know what you were taking,how much and how long.Good Luck we can help you do this,just stick around
Again...what are you wd'ing from and how many days has it been since you had any?? We are here to help..we need more info!
read her profile....she is on 80 mg of oxycontin.......poor thing.  This must suck!   W/D are hell on earth!  She said it well, she's not abusing the drugs, the drugs are abusing her!
reading her profile still doesn't tell me how much she had last or when...she said she couldn't do it...so is she on day 3 w/ nothing or did she take some pills and is starting over?

and YES, it does suck....all the way around!
thanx all, i've been taking two 80mg for about 6mths now ,,thought it was four mths. but i checked..i'm just going nuts,,,these dam things have taken over my life, i'm gonna try again this weekend and try this recipe
and i went back to the dam pills...
I am not familar w/ oxys..can you break them in half?? Is tapering until the wekend gets here an option?
Th eimportan thing is...you are here an dyou wan tto stop....progress , not perfection. It took me 3 months or more to really be ready...
Good luck...keep posting...
no ,,,they are time released and if u break them u can od....sooo...im stuck
Well you've been on a strong opiate but not for an extremely long time. So you may get lucky as far as longer lasting effects fatigue etc.
Now if you had the flu for 5 days, what would you do? You'd have no choice but to ride it out, right? You'd except it and deal with it.  This is what you must get in your head about withdrawels. 5 Days, except it, deal with it. You can do this and we're all here to help you thru it. Sit at your computer and post the whole time if needed. Just think, 5 days is not that long compared to all the problems of a life time of  addiction. Gather all your supplies for withdrawels and just hunker down and get it done.
Good luck and be strong.
Magi
thanx ,,, i'm gonna try...and i WILL SUCCEED
well then...like magi says...hunker down and get 'er done...we will be right here for you!!!
Just pretend it's the flu and treat accordingly!!!