Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Caffeine Addiction!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Caffeine Addiction!

Ok I have been drinking this Monster energy drink literally for years and I need to stop. I just feel like it is very hard for me to stop. I did succesfully do it for a week not too long ago but I started drinking them again. I really want to stop drinking them I just dont know how to get it out of my head that I "need" one.... Any tips??
well I know the NOS drinks really helped me going through wd's. I never got into them before........ I drink coffee too,on top of it, in the morning then the NOS durring the afternoons. so that was a boatload of caffine. but at that time, man I was going through some major 'done wd's, so anything at all to help......

but after two months or longer, I felt I was addicted to them.  I was feeling much better, and just stopped going to the store where I got them.  so it was no big deal, no wd's from it. I just quit,period. it was basically all mental in the end.
so weird. i was jus thinkin bout this. today is day 6 of sobriety from a huge vicodin addiction. so... ive been drinkin lots those eneegy shots. come on, i got a three year old to chase aftee i have to have something!!! n e way i was jus thinkin like is this trading one addiction for another? i do know that if u r a reg. high dose caff. user, abrubtly quitting can cause massive headaches and irritibilitu as well as the shakes. so i woukd suggest u slowly cut back. cut your daily intake in half for several days then down again to a couple times a wk and then down to your minimum. ohhh it woukd be hard to stop all caffeine!! good luck. hugs

Those things consist almost entirely of amino acids - with some having the caffeine also. The amino's are not a problem and most likely help a lot - - you can reference the Amino Acid Protocols through the Health Pages on medhelp or just put it in the site search engine.........  have a cup of coffee in the morning at first for awhile and then slow back down on that. The caffeine is the culprit with these......excess amino's are just supplements and IF too many are taken the excess is simply eliminated through urine....................