Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Can I take zanaflex with the L-theanine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Can I take zanaflex with the L-theanine

Hello everyone, I am on day three without any pain meds at all.  I am currently taking zanaflex can I take the L-theanine for the anxiety while I take the zanaflex?  Thanks everyone... Susie
Tags: Zanaflex
Welcome..congrats on day 3..That tends to be a hard day..i don't know about that particular drug..I take xanax and was able to talk the amino's..You may want to check with your pharmacy..Thanks for posting..We will all be here to give you all the support we can..It's been a huge help to me and many others..stay strong..you will be feeling better soon..
Also I just started the zanaflex Monday of this week.  I was reading that 1 out of 20 people suffer liver inflamation (inflammation) from it.  Has anyone taken it before that could help me with this?
is there a particular reason for the dr wanting that rx? Just wondering..I have never heard of it..But someone will come along on here that may..Almost all meds can mess with your liver. But that seems to be a pretty high statistic..I get a simple blood test every 3 months to check the liver enzymes from taking my xanax and especially when i was taking so many other things..i wish i could help you on that one..we'll yell real loud for help..lol don't give up..someones bound to be around..there are several nurses around the site..so i'll bump your post up and keep checking ok..hang tight.
Zanaflex is a muscle relaxer.....and I would see no reason why you cant take l-theanine as it is a naturally occurring amino acid ... green tea is rich in theanine
I had never heard of zanaflex until today, and believe or not my doctor gave me samples.  Is that wild or what?  Anyway yes it is a muscle relaxer, and I'm just taking it for break-through pain when I don't get relief from suboxone.  So I guess if I can take it with suboxone you can surely take it with an amino acid.
I take Zanaflex, usually 3 at a time for sleep.  It V E R Y mild.
As with any drug, I would take it as prescribed...if you have never taken zanaflex and you have to go to work in the morning, take the minimum dose the first night just to make sure....will help u sleep..good luck
Hello, everyone and thank you all soooo much.  I have a disease that affects my left side, and it was a mistake that I am without my pain med's.  My doctor missed up on my prescription and wrote it for less than what he gives to me and told me to call back when I took my last one and they would refill it.  Needless to say he had an emergency and no one could write it without his signature.  I have the zanaflex to relax muscles in my left side.  I am only taking 4 mgs every 6 to 8 hrs because I am afraid of them.  Maybe I want have to go back on the pain pills today is day 3 and counting.  I take the pills to help with the pain in my leg and to help relax my muscles.  I am thinking about taking 6 mgs at bedtime tonight to see if that helps me.  Thanks Again,
Your not supposed to take more than 8 mg. daily so  6 mgs should be fine. This stuff works great for my muscle spasms due to MS. I got off Vicodi ES, I miss it but can't get a RX?