Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Can a person abuse Methadone/Heroin at the same time?
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can a person abuse Methadone/Heroin at the same time?

Can someone on methadone (100mg per day) abuse heroin at the same time?  If so, what would be the point? It is my understandint that methadone works as an antagonist and blocks any "high" feelings from using heroin at the same time, or am I wrong? I suspect that my friend who is on methadone is also using heroin but he insists that you can't use the two together. Is that true?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
182493_tn?1348056515
At lower doses he could.. Methodone only acts as a antagonist at high doses.. Your friend could be lying about how much meth he is on..
Blank
185545_tn?1331078466
mdone isnt an antagonist.Ive also read articles that refer to high mdone doses reducing/eliminating the efficacy of other opiates but i dont wholly agree with their reasoning.I actually believe its a tolerance issue.If u give sum1 a large enuff mdone dose,over riding that dose can be financially prohibitive.Its possible(tho dangerous)to get wasted on top of true antagonists like narcan if ur keen and rich enuff.A full agonist has no ceiling which means as long as u use enuff u can get high.
Blank
221182_tn?1199267267
Heck ya, if you got the money to buy the dope. And yes you can use the two together, which is one of the reasons they test you at the methadone clinic...a-wakan
Blank
So, I'm guessing that's the reason he's been bumming gas money and pleading broke and needing money again. How would he get by the testing at the clinis tho?
Blank
Heroin releases an excess of dopamine in the body and causes users to need an opiate continuously occupying the opioid receptor in the brain. Methadone occupies this receptor and is the stabilizing factor that permits addicts on methadone to change their behavior and to discontinue heroin use.
Blank
from my own experience, i was on 20mgs of methadone daily...i had a pretty bad shoulder injury that almost turned into frozen shoulder, my doctor put me on percocets. and of course being a typical drug addict, i had the bottle of 60 gone in under 3 days...i didnt feel a thing from the percocets, i dont know if heroin works the same way when on methadone, but just thought i would add my 2 cents
Blank
So a methadone user slowly discontinues to use heroin?
Blank
no, they should just stop...methadone is or would be the replacement (in a sense) for the heroin...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...