Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Can anyone help me? I am addicted to hydrocodone.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been taking hydrocodone for about 1 year now. I have been taking about 9-12 a day of  10 mg norco. I have two little ones and a husband. My husband takes these as well. I am a lot worse than he is. I need some help getting pain killers out of my life. It has affected me financially. It's very hard for me to quit. When I am out of pills I get the shakes, feel totally useless and I am afraid that if i don't have it, I won't be able to take care of my family, or do the day to day stuff, like working, cleaning the house and kids. Please I would like anyone with any kind of helpfull advice to reply. I need help. It all started when I hurt my back at work. I am in extreme pain when I don't have the pills. So i hurt physically and emotionally. I also suffer from some depression. So that makes it hard to stop as well because when I have pills I am never depressed. Like i said, I need some help. Probably professional help. I do get a prescription for these. and when I run out, I result in buying them off the street. If nobody has what i get I will get any kind of pain killer to get me through. I get 100 pills a month prescribed to me, so I spend about 400 a month on pills from the street.
Wow, you sound JUST like me.  I was prescribed pain pills for real pain about 2 years ago, right after my 3rd child.  Well, caring for the house and 3 kids under 3....YES, I said 3 KIDS UNDER 3, (haha) was hard, to say the least.  I began taking them regularly just to get through the day.  On top of all of this, I was suffering from extreme PPD and was not medicated.  I used the percs to help in this area.  I only got professional help last year and was put on Cymbalta.  I can't say enough how it has changed my life.  But anyway, I still continued w/ the percs cause the house didn't seem as dirty, the kids didn't seem as annoying and everything was just "fine," well, except me.  I only now realized that I have a real problem and this is almost 2 years of my life.  I began weaning my prescribed pills to 3 a day and then just stopped.  But the week of weaning I went to the vitamin shop and bought the following: L-Tyrosine (1000mg in morning 1 hour before a meal), B-Complex (taken w/ L-Tyrosine), multivitamin (taken w/ 1st meal), whey protein powder shake (once a day), flaxseed (mixed in w/ the shake), calcium/magnesium at night (will help w/ the leg jitters).  I'd go to the doctor and get some sort of xanax or ativan for anxiety as this will help during w/drawals and ambien to help sleep.  Good luck.  I hope I was of some help.  I am 2 1/2 days clean and don't feel bad at all.  
Oh, I just wanted to add that my script was for 60 a month and I went through that in a week and also resorted to buying them off the street as well.  At my high, I'd take 12-15 5 mg. oxycodone a day.  You are not alone.  You can do this.  Just go to your doctor about the xanax and ambien and go to your local vitamin shop and start weaning down while taking your vitamins.  This will dramatically reduce your w/drawal symptoms.  I know how you feel. YOu need them so you can take care of everything.  Believe me, I believed that lie for sooooo long.  It's not true.  You have strength within that you haven't seen cause the pills take that away from you.  Get your self-empowerment back.  DO this for you.  DO this for your kids and your family.  GOod luck!