Can past narcotic use effect fertility?
Can my past narcotic use effect my fertility? I am clean now but used ALOT of oxycontins. Probably up to 160mg a day for about 6 months. I am just wondering if it has effected my fertility and ability to become pregnant. I was told by some people it stays in your bones for years. Was also told that if I have a baby in the first year of being clean the baby will be taken from because it will test positive for narcotics. Is this true?
Im interested in finding this out too! Hope someone has some answers ~Bkitty
Yes but 6 months isn't that long. Anything that changes you GI like pain meds will change how the body acts.
But if you do get pregnant please don't use. Everyday there is someone here that's addicted and pregnant. I can't even read those posts
Whomever told u the thing about having a baby n the first yr of being clean ur baby will get taken away is completely wrong.If ur not taking them how would they ever b n the babies system.Thats rediculous.As long as u dnt use no worries if u get pregnant.U used for6months.Yes thats not a small amount but it is honestly a relatively short period of time.Ive never heard of these pills affecting fertility.Ive done some research(online)about that subject and never came across anything that said it affects getting pregnant.I dnt c why it would be a problem BUT we r lucky here we have some amazing people who work n the medical field that can answer this without a doubt.Can I ask how long have u been clean?Do u go to NA or have any aftercare?Im only asking because I would say to make sure u have some real clean time under your belt before u get pregnant just to be safer that u wont relapse(just my opinion but if ur only a few weeks clean maybe give it more time).Im also really interested to c if anyone knows for sure of any fertility affects cause I know of affects/possible issues using while pregnant but never found info on after affects when u quit.Btw good for u&congratulations on getting clean.SMARTEST DECISION EVER