Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Canned air & Mountain Dew

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Canned air & Mountain Dew

What are the ramifications of continued use of canned air coupled with drinking quarts of Mountain Dew?  My closest neighbor is a forty +/- year old man who "is too sick to work" and spends his days huffing (or whatevery you call it) canned air and dring large amounts of Mountain Dew - he then vomits, and repeats the cycle.
New one on me --- hope someone can give you some information.  Good luck.
Well the huffing can be very dangerous it has killed people in the past .He needs to seek some help.
About 125 kids die from huffing each year..A long-term abuser can literally end up with holes in the brain, while some become trapped in a permanent psychosis or experience chronic paranoid hallucinations.

More commonly though chronic inhalant abusers experience memory and attention problems, as well as damage to organs like the heart, liver and kidneys

Unfortunately it is growing in popularity.. I would imagen the Mountain Dew is for a severely dry mouth.. Hope this gives some insight.. The Bit(h of it is the High only last for 10 or 15 seconds :( Very sad....
The mountain dew is giving him the caffeine bump....stimulant. The huffing is not good. It does stuff to your head that you may not be able to undo......the high from huffing is usually trace compounds in the product coupled with oxygen deprivation to brain.....its not an enviable situation...............not certain how to counsel  help - - maybe your local mental health people will be able to direct you - - -
I hope this person gets some help ASAP.
canned air =  possible DEATH

A boy in my area died last yr. after huffing canned air.

Google "huffing canned air".
There are many sites to read up on it!