Cant Stop with the Weed!
Im a 22 year old male.

Ive been smoking pot on and off since i was about 15, quite heavily for the past 2 years. Ive always thought i had a handle on my smoking, i never thought it affected my job, or my relationships, but im now at a point where i wake in the morning, and want to get stoned, its all i think about while im working, if something goes wrong, my brain calls out for weed so i dont have to think about it. I get home from work and straight to the bong, where i smoke all night long. The thing is, weed doesnt even affect me like it used to, i dont get any likeable side effects from it anymore, its just taken over my life and i need some advice on how i can stop these thoughts!
weed is not pysically addictive, but is mentally for sure. you need to fight the cravings for awhile and they do disappear with time. don't socialize with those using if you want to get off it and yes it will be hard for awhile, but it's not impossible to quit, you just have to want it. is it bad enough of an addiction that you may need to attend some N/A meetings for support?
Have you ever tried NA mtgs.....that might be a start...there really are no physical wds from pot..it's mostly mental....good luck...it's slowing down tonight...more people will be along tomorrow!

GOOD LUCK and keep posting!
although weed is not physically addictive it is mentally addictive.  i quite a few years ago after smoking heavily for 20 years, so it can be done.. you just have to get rid of what you have and stay away from ppl that use.  i know it is very hard. but you can do this you just have to be more commited than you have ever been in your life.  i still have says when i would like to get high but i just fight it like he**.  there is alot of support here so keep posting.
cathy
Thanks for your comments guys! Ive tried just stopping, ive tried not seeing people that do it, but every single person in my life is connected to it one way or another so i always end up having it around me. I guess i just have to bite the bullet and make a decision on what i really want to achieve out of all this. It just seems so hard to think about not having weed in my daily life.
it is hard.  you do just have to bite the bullet if you really wanna get off.  i am living proof it can be done.  you have already said you dont get high any more.  i know that is true i was the same way.  so why waste your time n money for what you dont even feel?  that makes no sense does it.  you can do it but i takes will power.
we will be here if you decide to quit.
cathy
Its super hard! Everytime i say to myself, Right, this time you arent gonna pick that pipe up, some little voice in my head tells me to just go for it, and it always wins! Ive got an extremely addictive personality, when i first tried Meth, i went on a year long binge on the stuff, and that was hard enough to kick, but im telling you the weed is so much harder for me! I dont get high, but my brain just says keep smoking and you will get there, so i do. Im up to smoking an ounce every 3 days now, ive never been that bad before. Its now 1:42pm, this morning i didnt have a smoke b4 i came to work, its been a hard day thats for sure.

Thanks so much for ur kind words cathy, i appreciate u taking the ttime to post here :)
Just don't do it, I know how you feel. The truth is marijuana is not that at all. It is less addictive than caffeine and far less than tobacco and alcohol. But some people do have addictive personalities as you said, and you definatley sound like one. The fact that you've done meth and what not, to me it seems that maybe your using marijuana in place of other drugs such as meth.