Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Celexa overdose?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Celexa overdose?

Does anyone know if you can actually overdose on anti-depressants such as Celexa?  If you can how much is too much?  How much is an overdose and what would happen?  Ie sick, death, brain damage?
Yes.  An overdose is any amount above the maximum recommended dose. It's serious and requires medical attention immediately.

Seizures,mania,coma,cardiac changes are the result of overdose.

It's life threatening...
Why are you asking this?  Did you do this?
Hi Babes,
With all medication comes a medical sheet that explaines the right dosage, the syptoms (symptoms), allergic reactions, ect, best thing is to read the medical sheet, it should explain what could happen if over dosed etc.
Why do you need these answers? Do you think someone is in danger? If so, I would contact the persons GP and inform them if you feel they are at risk.  In Medhelp there is a site regarding medications, I can't remember what the site is called, if you try entering at the top of the screen medication, tablets, or pills etc., You might hopefully find out about the medications pros and cons
Hope everything works out, there is always someone here at MedHelp who are willing to help, if you don't get what answer you need, do not feel you can't ask again.
Good Luck!
Jax(",)xXx
I wanted to know because I was recently prescribed this medication and I was curious.  My medication didn't come with the sheet because I didn't get the full prescription yet I was given a few on an advance and will get the rest (probably with the write up) this week.  Thank you for the answers they are very helpful.
ONLY take your medication as prescribed.
I couldn't take too many anyhow because they ONLY let me have a few at a time!  So there is no chance of an OD on Celexa over here.
You can always call your pharmacist for any questions like this about medications - prescription or over-the-counter.  It's sometimes easy to forget that the person in the white coat behind that high counter has a whole lot of knowledge to dispense along with the pills.  Your pharmacist is a highly-educated person who does more than just count out pills, so it pays to establish a relationship and ask questions.  :-)