Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Celexa overdose?
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Celexa overdose?

Does anyone know if you can actually overdose on anti-depressants such as Celexa?  If you can how much is too much?  How much is an overdose and what would happen?  Ie sick, death, brain damage?
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes.  An overdose is any amount above the maximum recommended dose. It's serious and requires medical attention immediately.

Seizures,mania,coma,cardiac changes are the result of overdose.

It's life threatening...
Blank
495284_tn?1333897642
Why are you asking this?  Did you do this?
Blank
1245842_tn?1287833651
Hi Babes,
With all medication comes a medical sheet that explaines the right dosage, the syptoms (symptoms), allergic reactions, ect, best thing is to read the medical sheet, it should explain what could happen if over dosed etc.
Why do you need these answers? Do you think someone is in danger? If so, I would contact the persons GP and inform them if you feel they are at risk.  In Medhelp there is a site regarding medications, I can't remember what the site is called, if you try entering at the top of the screen medication, tablets, or pills etc., You might hopefully find out about the medications pros and cons
Hope everything works out, there is always someone here at MedHelp who are willing to help, if you don't get what answer you need, do not feel you can't ask again.
Good Luck!
Jax(",)xXx
Blank
I wanted to know because I was recently prescribed this medication and I was curious.  My medication didn't come with the sheet because I didn't get the full prescription yet I was given a few on an advance and will get the rest (probably with the write up) this week.  Thank you for the answers they are very helpful.
Blank
495284_tn?1333897642
ONLY take your medication as prescribed.
Blank
I couldn't take too many anyhow because they ONLY let me have a few at a time!  So there is no chance of an OD on Celexa over here.
Blank
82861_tn?1333457511
You can always call your pharmacist for any questions like this about medications - prescription or over-the-counter.  It's sometimes easy to forget that the person in the white coat behind that high counter has a whole lot of knowledge to dispense along with the pills.  Your pharmacist is a highly-educated person who does more than just count out pills, so it pays to establish a relationship and ask questions.  :-)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...