Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Chantix

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Chantix

Hi All,
A while back there was a paramedic on here who mentioned Chantix - the stop smoking drug.  That person had said that it helped him out quitting opiates.  I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried this, or had success with it?  I've relapsed again, had been clean since October 17th and now I'm back to 10 - 12 norcos a day.
Thank you in advance for any responses!
  • what is chantix (1 replies):
    hi sorry to be ignorant but what is chantix? i live in n...[more]
  • Chantix (4 replies):
    I was taking Chantix for about a week and a half when I ...[more]
  • any ideas (12 replies):
    hi i quit smokin after nearly 20 years with a few false ...[more]
  • CHANTIX (2 replies):
    Anyone use Chantix to stop smoking if so did it help wer...[more]
  • Chantix (3 replies):
    Hello everyone: I have a question. I am taking Loratabs ...[more]
I just started taking chantix, but it is to aid in quitting smoking. There is no evidence that it helps with opiate abuse. Sorry.

You can try and do some research on the net, but I personally have not heard of it. Good Luck.
Thank you IBKleen.  I have a prescription for the Chantix to stop smoking and I am getting it filled today.  I had just remembered the old post and thought I'd ask around to see if it helped anybody with addiction.  My neighbor has just also started taking the Chantix for quitting smoking and he is a big drinker.  He told me that since taking it, he has no desire to drink anymore.
Is it working for you quitting cigarettes?  
2 guys that work here have quit using chantix they say when taking it you can still smoke but it blocks the good feeling you get off them, and before long they said they just didnt feel they needed them anymore. im still smoking away, my next thing to tackle once i kick this pill habit
sorry lol the first sentence i typed is confusing, i meant they both quit smoking using chantix lol not they quit using chantix
Thank you for your comments and congrats on day 5!!!!!!!  Keep going strong!  I've been following your story along with everybody elses.
I'm not sure what to do about my relapse - I certainly want to quit and didn't intend to relapse, who does.
I was even on the Suboxone and a few days after I was done with it I went back to the Norcos and am now using a lot.  I wanted to be clean for Christmas, clean forever.
I'm off to take my little girl to the doctor.  Thanks again!!!
do some serious reading up on Chantix...I've heard reports of some potentially nasty side effects.

Jim