Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Chat room/Support Group

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Chat room/Support Group

is there a chat room for opiate/tramadol addiction/dependence.  Have not done chat rooms, so any help is much appreciates.  Thank you!
I don't know but if you find one - let me know.
This whole forum is a 'chat' place. There are no separate rooms to go to. It is an 'open' forum where all can read and choose to give input. Many here are quite familiar with opiate and Tramadol dependence and addiction.

Welcome to the Forum!
what is the difference in a chat room and a forum?
IMHO Forums are better :)
Is everyone here looking to quit? Or looking for help getting?
Hello I am new to all this and I don't know where to start.  I have become dependent on norcos.  I was prescribed them a couple of years ago for a back injury.  Well those came and went.  I soon found myself taking them when I didn't have pain.  It started with one at a time, then two, them three... I am so ashamed of myself.  Every time I try to quit I can't.  I have even turned to buying them off the streets.  I can't believe that I do this.  I am risking everything for stupid pills.  I am getting ready to graduate school and be an RN, and I am risking everything just to feel normal.  I have tried to cut back, but it seems if I have them I will take them.  The problem is that I cannot take any time off as I am at work or school everyday so I am scared of withdrawals.  I want to quit so bad that I finally told my live in boyfriend about my problem.  His response was to leave.  I feel like such a failure and I just want to stop.  I have heard other people take about different drugs to stop, and honestly I don't want to do that because I don't want to become dependent on another substance.  If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Hi Trying and welcome!!  this is a really old thread so you should go to the top of the page and hit the "ask a question" button and put your post there, that way alot of other people can see it and you will get tons of support!!  I came off a pretty high dose of Norco too...used for 10-15 years....please just hang in there and post a new thread....this site is awesome for support and info!!  we can help you with WD symptoms when you are ready to make the jump....go for it girl!!!  you can do this!!  
The first mistake is being so hard on your self sweetheart!  I felt the same way at first comma but after a while I realized that that thinking just hurts me and hinders my recovery. understand the whole quitting and not being able to work and having to work thing. you finally get to a point where your recovery is more important been missing a couple days at work. the hardest thing to do is to reach out and it's even harder when you reach out and people showing you. part of recovery is being honest with your self and that was the hardest part for me. I have found that there is a lot of people online and in real life that have the same problems that I do. they just don't talk about it either. please continue to reach out. and will help you feel a lot better and help you stay strong. I wish you the best!
Working keeps ur mind busy. Bundle up for chills... Take imodium (immodium) and the Thomas recipe. I wd a lot... U can do it