Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Chest tightness

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Chest tightness

Hi I am wondering if any of you have experienced chest tightness, or funny feeling in the pit of your stomach associated with withdrawals.  I am on day 6 of a massive decrease in dose (i'm tapering).  At about the same time everyday (before I would take the norco) I feel a tightening in my chest.  My pulse and blood pressure are fine??? Is this common for withdrawal?  What can I do to make it better? I'm trying not to take any ativan for it.  Thank you any support will help.
I don't know if this is common but it may be for you. Have you taken an antacid? Try that.

Try walking outside a little and breathing some fresh air. It's likely it is anxiety.
I take an antacid daily.  I just got on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  It seemed to help a bit while I was on but now it is back.  UGH!!! I hate this.