Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Clonazepam for Vicodin Withdrawl(withdrawal)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is Clonazepam good for going through vicodin withdrawal.  I have been taking vicodin for about a year and originally was on 8 - 10 a day but since moving and no longer having access I used my last 180 and started trying to wean down.  I am now at 5 a day - two when I wake up, two mid day and one before bed.  The doctor prescribed me Clonazepam when I am done to help with the withdrawal as I have already tried cold turkey and the first day was hell so I went back to what I had.  I am going to be completely out in two days and still on 5 a day so totally scared but wondering if the Clonazepam is going to help.  I have been prescribed 1mg once a day for 10 days.
Yes, it can help with anxiety, but I'd also suggest clonidine..a blood pressure med that many of us have had great success with during withdrawl (withdrawal).  Generally prescribed .1mg 3x day and it helps considerably.  I found clonazepam helped with anxiety and occasional panic attacks as I came off the vicodin..

Do be careful with clonazepam..you can become addicted to it and it can be harder to get off of than vicodin..stick to the prescribed dosage, and should you get clonidine be careful combining the 2 as they will make you drowsy..quite drowsy in fact.

Jim
I had been taking vicodin for two years straight.  I have been off them for almost 90 days.  I have tried and tried and tried.  The best way for me was cold turkey.  Yes the first days, weeks was hard.  I just didn't want to get hooked to another drug while getting off vicodin.   There was a time when I plainly did not want to quit.  But one morning something happened and I made a final attempt.   If I can do it you can.
Thanks for the advice.  Does Clonazepam help with the aches and pain, flu like symptoms as that is what I have experienced the first time I tried to quit.  Almost like constant growing pains but a little bit stronger than that.  I guess aches and pains with some anxiety included.  

dahltl
No, it's more of an anti anxiety med.  Clonidine might help with that, hot baths/showers also helps.  Aches and pains can be helped with Advil (I was taking 4 200mg OTC pills).  Clonazepam will definitely help with anxiety but be careful as it is addicting as well.

Jim
I took klonopin after about 2 and 1/2 weeks of compete cold turkey, i was taking 15 10/325 vic's for over a year
the doc did start me with clonodine (to lower the blood pressure), it did help with the withdrawal the first week but gave me terrible dry mouth...
the klonopin was great for the anxiety, I've been clean for over a month and am (on my own), down to less than half the dosage the doc prescribed.
I think we all get caught up with things, just know that you dont want to exchange one addiction for another....Try to be strong and only do what the doc tells you.
Gina
there is no way to get off loratab using over the counter energy pills or could that be deadly