Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Clonidine & Valium for the first 3-5 CT?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I was going to ask my doctor for a few Clonidine and a few Valium to help the first 3-5 days of CT withdrawal.
Do they help? Anyone tried?
No doubt they would offer some level of relief...of course it depends on the doses of both what you're coming off, and the doses of the Clonidinea and Valium he would give you.

As you probably know, benzos are also habit forming, so if you DO go that route, be SURE it is only for a few days.  The less you can take, the better.  

Have you read the Thomas recipe?  There are some great suggestions of other, non habit-forming things you can take (and things you can do) to help ease w/d as well.

Good luck to you hon...hope it goes by quickly, and I hope it's better than you think it will be!  Hang in there, and remember to keep in touch...these guys on this forum are amazing.
I never tried the Clonadine, but others have and said it was helpful. I did in the past on one of my many relapses, take Valium though and I will be completely honest. Did it help with my anxiety and help me sleep? yes, Absolutely, BUT I think it also aided in me relapsing! For me, It just let my brain hold on to a "buzz" that I was missing form opiates so when the Valium didnt work as strong, I ended up relapsing. Now This was just MY experience, but I just wanted to tell you it so you are aware to just be careful if you decide to go that route. Our Addict brains sometimes have a hard time with any mind altering meds.
Yes they will help.I took clonidine which helps with a bunch of different symptoms and a benzo as well which helps w/the awful anxiety.I did c/t used those2meds,immodium&took otc sleep aid(didnt take benzos for sleep because I didnt wanna need them to sleep if that makes any sense i took them during the day only).Those made my w/d a lot easier.I didnt realize how many more things u can use to ease w/d make sure to check out the thomas recipe for more stuff that can make it even easier
The Clonidine (catapres) will help with your wd's.
I've been taking it for 10 days ct after a taper. and it has taken most of the wd symptoms away.
I'm also using the Thomas recipe.
I was on pain meds for almost decade 8-10 norco's 10/325's
I still have not so good days. But the days are getting better.
The first 4 nights i took klonopin to help me sleep. Now i am not taking it
And i sleep about 3-4 hours at a time. But i would lose sleep for not taking the
benzo.
Good luck.