Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Clonidine and Subutex Withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Clonidine and Subutex Withdrawal

I read the thread on this and wanted to reply but the computer is making me ask a new question.

It seems the people on that thread range from Lortab poppers to IV heroin users.  Where's the middle ground?  Where are the Subutex/former heroin snorters?  Anyway, I've been off h (with a few binge exceptions) for years but the crushed subutex is just killing me to come off.  I've been thru withdrawals countless times running out of my rx before the month's over and also on h.  I took benadryl last month but my dr gave me clonidine this month.  i am quite small.  110 pounds.  the withdrawals are starting to kick in with jerks and tears without crying and insomnia.  i took half of a .1 mg pill and feel nothing yet but mind you, i also am used to taking VAST doses of valium and xanax.  my blood pressure is normally very low, but i'm also a benzo addict, so is this stuff gonna work to help me sleep when 5 xanax didn't?  will it work at all?  i don't wanna take too much and have my bp go down to 40/20.  is there anyone trying to get off subutex after heroin (snorted not iv) for whom clonidine has helped without serious bp issues?

I can't speak to most of what you asked about.  I will say that it would be very dangerous to take more of the Clonidine than is prescribed.  It is a blood pressure pill and it does help some people with withdrawal.  It is also used (as is for me) as a way to try to treat nerve pain.  I think your dosage is pretty standard.  If you think it's not working, call your doctor and see if he'll change how often you take it.  Blood pressure isn't something to fool around with.  Good luck.
Yes...it's a b/p med that has the added benefit of helping with withdrawal. It will not act as a benzo.
Have you tried to taper off the Subutex?  Tried to stop snorting it? Have you sought a doctor for advice with this?  Are you still taking benzos?

You know that mixing Xanax with Subutex is deadly,right?