Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Co-Codamol addiction causing live problems?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hey..i am a 23 year old male and I am addicted to co-codamol..It started wen i was 16 when i had a slip disc, which caused siatica, and they seemed to be the only pain killers that helped..I am still on them now, but sometimes I would exceed the daily dosage.  What concerns me now is my liver, because i think it is damaged. The codiene in the tablets seems to be the only thing keeping my stool together, as once I come off them my stool comes out in a yellow liquid form, sometimes a dark black liquid. I recently went to my doctor and told him about my stool, but was too scared to tell him about the co-codamol addiction.  He got back to me with my blood tests and says i have a stomach virus, but surely i cannot have had this for nearly a year? He says my liver is fine, which i find hard to believe saying the amount of co-codamol i take.  If they wernt actually looking for liver problems would they have still have shown in the blood tests? I am on 3 different types of anti-biotics for this stomach virus, but I am truely convinced it is my liver with the problem..The main reason i take co-codamol now adays isnt for my back pain.. but to keep my stool in one piece!