Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Coca Cola

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Coca Cola

Hey. This might seem dumb, but for 15 years I've been drinking coke. Now, I do like 2 six packs a day and stuff, and recently I tried not to drrink any, but I started trembling, getting nauseous, becoming dizzy and could not think well. Could this be an addiction? what should I do? I don't have medical problems, sugars fine, I am fit and stuff.

Ryan
coke has sugers and caffine in it they can be addictive yes. Especially for the length of time and amounts you mention. Your symptoms are not uncommon, they are called with drawl. I stopped drinking pop about a year ago it's not good for you.
My youngest son use to drink nothing but pepsi and mt. dew.When he was 15 we talked him into giving up the soda for Lent and he went through some of the symptoms your having too,they didn't lasts too long though,just a day or 2.He'll be 18 in 12 days and he hasn't had any soda since then.I'm serious too,all he drinks now is water and a glass or 2 of milk a day.Krissy is right,it's not good for you.Even my sons dentist commented on how much better his teeth look since he stopped drinking the soda.
I tried my best at stopping, but my symptoms get worst. I don't know, it's something I can't live without. I don't even drink water or even milk. Only coke. Like right now too.Is there anyway to stop the cravings?
you could try to cut back a little at a time, a tapering of sorts :) I've also had horrible addictions to caffeine. currently still addicted, but in smaller amounts. You have to make yourself drink water too. I know how hard it is, but it must be done. Alternate one with the other, have a coke, have a water, have a coke, have a water. I'm sure you get the idea :) good luck!