Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cocaine - Have I Got Brain Damage?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Cocaine - Have I Got Brain Damage?

Hi there,

Right, i need to kno what people think.

On New Years Eve last year (2009 into 2010) I snorted about 2 grams of Cocaine over the period of about 7 hours..

I had done it a few times before, about 10 or so times. Im 23 and ive had nothing but problems since that night.

I done a line and instantly felt like i was about to die. Something i had never ever felt previously, and i have dabbled in other drugs before then and not felt this bad. I couldnt feel my hands, my heart was racing, i felt like i was suffocating, my vision was all blurred n weird, i couldnt sit/stand still, i was shaking violently all over (something which carried on until the next morning as i didnt get one ounce of sleep that night coz of the fear).

I felt weird the next day, like i was in a dreamland, couldnt concentrate on anything. Had awful dry mouth and felt like someone was out to get me or something, it was horrific.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, its now almost a year since that night, ive never touched drugs since, nor alcohol or cigarettes (i was a 20 a day smoker)..ive just felt too scared to touch anything that could possibly harm me. I basically have panic attacks badly ever since that night, but i swear that night was different, even to this day it didnt feel like a panic attack.. basically i am now getting some severe neurological symptoms, like vertigo, numbness in arms/hands, feelings of surrealness, sharp pains in muscles and head, ive had CT scan brain and all fine, heart scan all fine, blood tests all fine... but im thinking i might need an MRI as i know theseshow alot more like strokes etc... I keep thinking im suffering seizures or mini-strokes, as sometimes the symptoms i get are so intense i cant cary on doing normal day-to-day tasks... if i move my eyes i get intense dizziness, i get twitches all over in my muscles, chest pains every day, constant vision weirdness like im looking through a fish bowl or something, its just hazey n not quite 'right', v.hard to describe... Im worried to death ive done something to my brain... what are the chances of this????

Someone told me id only have severe issues if i was an addict, which i wasnt, and it was the first time id touched any kind of drug in about 3 months when i took it that night... im just so worried and scared.

Can cocaine cause MS? Coz basically my symptoms seem quite like MS but not the bad pains or weakness, i just get perceived weakness, not actual weakness, coz i can still lift heavy items or do my shoelace, i just FEEL WEAK in my hands/arms, and i get sudden dead arm out of nowhere.....

Also i get sudden rushes over my scalp and into my body towards my toes... which gives me a panic attack everytime coz i worry and thiunk " this is it' this is the impending stoke waiting to happen after all this time since nye!! '' sounds silly but its true...

I need help. Im on Citalopram 20mg for the anxiety, but ive told the docs i only have the anxiety problems when i get these intense physical symptoms.... hes FINALLY refered me to a Neurologist which im seeing on 1st February... but i feel i cant cope with the symptoms for that long.... i keep worrying im guna die :( I havwent felt myself since that night, so i know ive done something :(

Any expert help would also be much appreciated

thankyou
yeah i would definitely be seeking a doctors advice ,i have many of years ago did plenty of ya-yo i mean like 8 balls back in the day like when i was in early 20's and i am now 31 and never heard of anything like this so i would have it checked out then for sure but l am on here for pill addiction ,i like you didn't like the way the coke made me feel like and haven't did that for many years now so maybe someone with updated cocaine use may have a better answer for you .i really wish you the best ,god bless...jeff...
If you suffer from anxiety, the worst thing to do is use/abuse drugs, especially cocaine. I don't think you have brain damage. I read some of your other posts in other communities and they all sound anxiety driven. The mind is very powerful and can convince us that physical symptoms are present when they are not. My advise to you is work on the anxiety and stay away from the drugs. I wish you the best.

And oh yeah, no one here could possibly diagnose you with brain damage. That requires tests.Go get a good check-up. Best of luck.  
Try to get in to see that neurologist sooner. It definitely sounds like anxiety but it's hard to say without evaluation. You don't have MS.  How is your memory?

Good luck and try not to focus on this so much. If you were going to have a stroke,I'm sure that would have happened in the last year,you know? Just relax...
thanks guys x i will keep u all updated on my results in february x
Maybe you could go and see a pshycologist first. Many mood disordes and other mental disorders can be triggered by something like that. Like it can be triggered by trauma. PS this doesn't make you crazy. I myself has Bipolar disorder ,and was only diagnosed ar the age of 30, after big trauma. It is a total chemical thing in my brain, but with the correct medication it can be controlled.
Sorry I mean a pshychiatrist.