Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cocaine Heart Palpatations ,like a chemical imbalance , dizzy spells , ...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Cocaine Heart Palpatations ,like a chemical imbalance , dizzy spells , confusion

I have been having heart palpitations every day for 3 1/2 months and extreme pain and confusion when trying to sleep or relaxed followed by more heart palpitations , after doing cocaine on April the 15th 2012, My chest feels weak all day , i can not do anything physical or my heart will start to palpitate and hurt. And i think i damaged a nerve in my brain that controls our relaxation system and chemicals, its like if im still under the influence of cocaine , but i have seized all drug use, not even a sip of alcohol.Has any one ever experienced this its been 3 1/2 months my doctors say its withdraw but its as if my body didnt metabolize the cocaine or if it was cut with something .My heart is fine whats causing it to beat faster is what ever chemical imbalance i caused myself. please can someone with more experience than mee help mee.
"And i think i damaged a nerve in my brain that controls our relaxation system and chemicals, its like if im still under the influence of cocaine..."

In a sense you are. It's called a drug induced psychosis from too much cocaine. Your doctor advised you it wasn't due to a heart condition, didn't he?
very concerned someone your age having symptoms like that especially if you been clean over 90 days...if the Dr u visit says its still withdrawals you may need visit another one...you may be having an anxiety attack to...please go to a Dr asap and tell them you have been clean but your heart not feeling right and your worried...i will pray for you  
Yea he said my hearts fine which i think is , but it feels weak from like what ever nerve i hurt in my head thats not producing idnt knw dopamine or serotonin its like my brain is gumming and gnawing feels like mucus its bazzar i can read write, comprehend , but i feel it most when i try to relax or sleep , but i still cant run or do anything very physical because my heart will palpitate, im sorry this sounds very awkward but its the truth , lol and yea i wouldnt be so worried if i didnt wake up every night or any random time of the day with the same symptoms when trying to sleep or completely relax. i ve never experienced anything like this , and ive been through alot ..
Thank you , Yea ive been to like every doctor around mee they all say its withdraw , i was stupid doing it every day , until i had my first o.d .( sorry if im being graphic but its true : [ ) im just trying to like fix this relaxation problem , my chest feels weak , sorta numb ,  and yea i already explained what my head feels like , but yea im just an average person , i dnt anyone whos ever gone threw this , im not cripled but yea i was an addict in denial , i did it so much i think i ruind my dopamine .. i feel about a 100x better than the first week it happen , but yea waking up every night not knowing where you are at completely confused and dizzy with your heart just numb and beating fast and hurts so much its a bit scary , thnx for the reply though , and sorry im so awkward
Why don't you see if your doctor will put you on something for anxiety. I think that would help more than anything else.

I've been strung out on cocaine before. The mental aspect of detoxing ranks with Xanax as far as being hard to come off of. I hope you can get back to your old self and wish you the best.
i have 10 Mg Valiums , but the thing is there to strong to be using everyday , i no it will relieve my symptoms , i was prescribe the Valiums about a month and a half ago , and im still feeling the numbing chest feeling and dizzy spell headrush pain , when about to sleep and also strange ; as soon as i start to get more than 8 hrs sleep , as in when im about to sleep in i feel the same exact symptoms as when im trying to fall asleep. I have 1 mg Ativan too but im down to like my last 4 doses. I was referrald to a psychiatrist about 2 weeks ago, but im so over feeling like this that i just accepted hydroxyzine ( i asked for them ), as a safe alternative to xannax , ativan , Valium , etc ( benzodiazepines ) , i thought
theyd help ( hydroxyzine ) they did for the first week but now the symptoms came back , this feeling is too extreme . The xannax sound relaxing right now that i think about i need a break from this .Thnx ill write more in the morning im just tired right now going to take two doses of Hydroxyzine see if it makes a difference , Thnx again

"I was referrald to a psychiatrist about 2 weeks ago"

That's your best bet. I still say you're suffering from a drug induced psychosis. I've seen it before and it can last long after you stop using cocaine. I'm not saying it to be mean, I want the best for you. I went through the depths of hell coming off cocaine and would have slit my throat but couldn't bear the thought of my mom finding me in a blood bath.

Be careful taking benzos. If you're taking them sporadically you could be addicted before you know it and you don't want to go there.

i never knew that being induced in a psychosis , would cause your heart to palpitate so hard for months , and it to be so painful physically , mentally thank god im ok. But i was in extreme pain brutally worst ive ever felt and im still in pain not as bad but still, I dnt mean to sound like and idiot at such a serious problem but the only thing that has been getting mee by mentally is that im so experienced with being under the influence.I started when i was started smoking weed at 12 tryd cocaine at 14 , but i never injured my self once in my life until today when im most experienced .But yea telling my self to relax and that itll wear off in a couple months its whats keeping mee sane , Listening to music like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO0GgHuXUyA&feature=youtu.be and telling my self that i chose this life style , but im also doing raw food detoxes , Water and Lemon Fasting detoxes , Taking inositol , Vitamin b6 , Eating alot of potassium , Omega 3s for my heart , oat meal , lots of Albacore tuna , trying amino acid therapy +Amino Acid Vitamin supplements , i still need to try a sauna detox , im going to goo next week hopefully i dnt no why i havnt went yet , but hopfully my heart starts to beats normal and my chest starts to feel strong again , and get to finally sleep with out the dizzy brutal pain spells and extreme confusion , So you experienced something similar , i go to C.A ( Cocaine Anonymous ) also .
You may have damaged your heart muscles doing cocaine. Your doctor probably did an EKG didn't he? I'd keep the appointment you mentioned and see if they can't do something to help.

And stay way from cocaine from now on.
The most important thing would be to rule out any kind of heart issue, if that's been done, the next step would be to see a psychiatrist.  I smoked crack for about a year about 20 years ago, did some nasty things to my body.  Fortunately, I had an overdose, otherwise I would never have quit.
i think i just strained my heart muscles from so much coke .Im Just going to completely rest fro the next month to let them heal , yea i had an EKG , He said everything fine . My heart looks fine its just my brain is still intoxicated
so its making mee feel sick .
Same for mee .. yea my cardiologist said my hearts fine , its just sore from like my brain releasing to much dopamine or adrenaline not sure thats why im asking for help ,ive been sober from cocaine for 3 1/2 months tonight, but its still making mee hallucinated , feel confused , disoriented ,dizzy at night when i dnt take my medication, i dnt know maybe another month ill see how i feel , i feel alot better from when it first happened , but still feel ill, im Just going to relax , not think about it until i sleep , and just have to sit around for another 2 months , and try to keep hearing other peoples advice / experiences who have gone through more or have had a similar situation as mee.
I had an IV cocaine habit in the 80's and sold everything I owned to support my habit. It took a long time to recover from it, knowing what a mess I'd made of myself but I did recover and have stayed away from it since. I knew more than one person who committed suicide during that time over being strung out.

A friend of mine had a drug induced psychosis while we were using and thought he heard voices of people talking about him, only the voices didn't go away when he came down. He ended up having to go inpatient at a rehab facility and they started him on anti-psychotic medication. He did eventually get better but that's what made me think you experienced something similar. You say that they've ruled out a heart condition and you may be exciting yourself into palpations or having some sort of anxiety attacks.

Stay way from coke so you don't make it any worse. Try to clean yourself up, you're still young and don't want to mess your whole life up. I used for 40 years before I stopped.
Unfortunately, I've been hooked on quite a few drugs in my life.  Never tried meth or heroin, pretty much everything else though.  Cocaine was very tough to quit, even after I ended up in the ER via an overdose.  It was mild but it was still a terrible experience.  I didn't feel quite right for about 4 months and the night after I got out of the hospital, I nearly slipped after having a few beers.  I think it would have been much easier had I given up alcohol, the two went hand in hand with me.  Staying totally clean is the way to go, the only thing that kept me from slipping on coke was remembering how horrible my OD was.

If your cardiologist said you're ok, I'm sure your heart is fine.  Assuming you're young (under 50 where your heart is concerned) any damage that was done will heal, even more quickly if you're 20-30.

I had panic attacks for years after quitting, I still have them on occasion and I believe some of it is related to my cocaine use years ago.  It does get better though, no question.  Hang in there.
Thnx , Yea ive done alot, my uncle smokes that , i, ve never had any issues , until this one time .. Right when im most experienced , but that also lead mee to do more , i felt it that night pushing a bit too far but i thought my body could handle it , what happened was on good friday my friend came to mee and said i finally got a coke connection , i would always be the one getting it for them , ( my uncles , good friends trust worthy connections ) so , i was like is it any good he said i dnt know i havnt tried it yet so we bought a gram.i was kinda buzzed i had about a 40 oz already i tried his new connections coke just a good key shot , and i dnt know it tasted yellow , it made my head head feel like it was gumming , i was just like whatever kinda felt a bit different , but i just said lets get ****** up.excited so we just started doing lines , idnt know by the end off the day i was too drunk and stoned to notice, next day i woke up bought a 20 off my guy and so on Easter i only did about 2 big lines , well threw out the week i only did about 5 lines until friday april 13th it was about 12 pm i had just woken up and my friend he come knocking on my window , saying lets get fuckd up , i said " of course " he said lets get some coke , i was like alright we had 90$ my connection was at work and didnt get out until 5pm ( gives us more 8 balls for 90$ ) i just said oh well we have to wait until 5 , he said no lets get it now , i just agreed he started to call his new connection we ended up only buying 2 grams we started snorting it was really windy that night we were trying to scare each other , he started to say my nose is clogged i said my nose isnt my nose is completely clear , we only did about a gram that Friday , we just drank alot of alcohol and smoke alot of pot , the next morning Saturday April 14th  it was my birthday , he and his girlfriend had spent the night in my garage we just past out , that morning i just said to my self i guess get wasted its my birthday we had the last gram we started to snort it , i guess they insisted that i keep snorting because it was my birthday , i just said hell yea thnx , we'll just buy more if we run out i was still **** up from the night before but i still drank about 6 40 oz april the 14 and did the rest of the cocaine i did most of it the last thing i remember is my friend complaining that his nose was clogged and we werent letting his girlfriend gett high , i did most of the sack  , then around 3:30 am i woke up everyone was gone and my heart was just beating really really fast , i just thought itll go away in a couple mins im still drunk the normal , but the mins turn into like an hour and still it woulndt go away , an hour turn into 5 hours still my heart was beating fast i just thought what the hell , i was completly calm but my heart was just beating so fast, later that night i went to Dennys with my family and i told them my hearts beating really fast its been like this all day and im fuckn dizzy as ****, they just said your probably hung over , i said i guess then about 11pm that night i startd to see all kinds of black spots and my heart wouldnt slow down i thought **** am i gonna need to wake up my family to take mee to the hospital , i just said i probably need a joint or drink , but i didnt have no alcohol , i just sat there, then a bit later my arms began to cramp a little , then my neck began to cramp a little bit , and i began to get shortness of breath extreme , and was dizzy light headed really bad and the cramping feeling started to get harsher , i was like **** what do i do sit it out or wake my family to take mee to the hospital , i began to seriously black out , i stumbled to my moms room and awoke her and said **** i need to go to the hospital she said why i just said im gonna **** pass out ( my heart was beating extremely fast )
i get in the car on the ride to the hospital my jaw , back of my neck , face , arms , head was wanting to cramp up , i could not stop grinding my teeth , and my heart was just beating so fast , and **** the PAIN ! i told her to drive faster she began to panic to she said whats wrong with you , i said i have no fuckn clue .we finally get to the hospital and im like crawling in pain calling 911 they said whats wrong i said i was doing cocaine last night and my heart just won't stop beating , and im cramping up , at the same time i was finally in the hospital like i said i have lots experience so i started to use it trying to keep my self extremely calm but nothing the spasm and pain were just completely taking over , but i fought it with all my will , i just kept thinking about the girl i loved to keep me calm, the doctors gave mee an ekg , and just put mee in a bed started to draw blood out of my cramping cold left arm , i was freezing , with brutal heart pain , cramping neck, brain , my jaw would just not stop contracting the electrical feeling through out my whole body that i had **** that needle gives mee shivers just thinking about it , the doctor just said were giving you a Valium injection ..after the injection maybe 10 mins i began to feel warm and the symptoms just began to wear off , around 6 am the doctors said are you o.k now i said yes i was so relieved the Valium workd, i got up but was losing my balance ( **** i shouldn't be typing this but the Valium felt so.... good ) The doctors scene my heart rate drop , so they said i guess you can go home now i told them," Thank You so Much guys " .so i went home fell asleep i was exhausted but little did i know , that was just the beginning , the next day i woke up around 12 pm everything was normal until about 10 pm that night i guess the injection wore off all the exact symtoms (symptoms) came back , My neck feeling like its cramping , my arms , my brain , my jaw .. it looked as if i kept wanting to try to bite my ear off over and over( being sarcastic ) . i went back to the hospital , the nurses were feeding mee aspirin every 6 hours , my heart was in brutal pain but still kept trying to keep my self completely calm , i was just sitting there completely calm , just thinking about like i said the girl that i loved ( she wasnt there thats the only thing that was kinda hurting the most  )  it was about 36 hrs i was sitting there waiting for another cardiologist , the nurses just kept giving mee asprin and she offered morphine for the heart pain , having no insurance **** !!! i went to UCLA hospital because i owed kaiser right near my house 3000$ dollars from another insident about 3 years earlyer , thought they wouldnt take mee , Little did i know, never had a clue that UCLA is a county hospital so im waiting 36 hrs for a cardiologist which i should have asked for a Neurologist , he finally comes in i hadnt sleep in 50 hrs and im just laying there with like electricity flowing threw my whole body ( my mouth felt as if i had a 9 volt battery against my tongue at every second in time all day for the last day , ) i was begging the nurse please dont let me fall asleep , i was fuckn exhausted from the pain  i wanted to sleep but ive never felt so much electricity through my body , ( i was sitting in a hospital bed , in the cardiologist department so many doctors ,)so The cardiologist comes in he looks a bit older than mee may 3 years 24 -25 i told him **** my hearts in brutal pain and i told him about the contracting nerves , and electricity he said "thats what you get for doing drugs" .. He looked like the type of person who never had a sip of wine , or whos never smoked a joint , not that i care but he was being a **** while i was in near death he was just looking at mee like i was some kind of animal just laying there dying .he was just staring at mee seeing what was going to happen to mee ..he said to mee " your hearts fine " i didnt no what benzos were i said your not gonna give mee any medicine  he said no itll wear of in a couple of hours , i just said **** , im gonna die , the nurse came in she said id give it to you but i cant : ] , anyways i just got up and said **** this : im gonna go smoke a joint then drink some liquor , thatll put mee to sleep , i got home shaking with electricity i was coherent but just still in pain , i go the the liquor store  buy alcohol i drink  a 40 oz so quick ,
i finally get buzzd enough to relax i said finally i can sleep , about 5 mins into my sleep i awake to the most brutal fuckn pain i have ever felt in my life , its like if my heart stopped , and was doing hiccups , i get up doing cirlces completely confused not knowing where the **** im at , i run to my dads room , and tell him please take mee to the hospital i think i had cardiac arrest , i told him **** go to kaiser its only a 3 min drive from my house literally , I said if they dnt except mee at least ill die at the hospital .. i got there the doctors were so nice , they started to take x-rays of my heart , i told them what was going on , they put mee in a hospital bed the doctor came in and said you have no enzymes in your blood so you didnt have a heart attack .. i thought **** ? how do i sleep i asked him , i told him alcohol and marijuana arnt helping , he said no dnt drink ( he said alcohol makes you hyped up , that why you feel really social when you drink it make your heart beat was faster ) he said heres some Ativan i just said please , i dnt know what to do ? he only gave me 5 days worth which i thought oh my symptoms will wear off in 5 day for sure . he let mee go .. i got home i was fuckn terrified to try to sleep . but by 9m p.m i thought to my self and told my parent and brothers and sisters **** i die well i love you .. i just took the first Ativan i didnt know what it was ? i thought **** these thing are small they arnt going to do nothing , i sat there i didnt feel a thing so i drank another one , i sat there for about ten more mins and still nothing i just thought **** im going to have to return to the hospital , so took one more , as i took the 3rd one , i finally felt the pills , i thought omg i could sleep now , i slept finally for about 8 hrs , when i woke up , i had the worst head ache i have ever felt , my mind was fuckn cloudy like i the top right and top left of my vision was just cloudy , blurry  , the most bazzar feeling ive ever felt i just thought **** im going to be like this the rest of my life .. my heart was palpitating at not like tachycardia but just hard contractions painful , still i felt the electricity but i was relieved because i had gotten sleep i just thought well im just gonna have to tackle this some how and live with it as long as i get sleep. so for the next couple days i would go all day with the same pain and just at night take the ativan to sleep on the fifth day i was at my last pill i thought **** whats going to happen ? i woke up the next morning again with the same fog and brutal pain , i just though im fuckd  So my head was just fuckd and i was reading on the internet that cocaine could cause brain hemorrhages i though **** my brains probably bleeding i went back to Kasier they gave mee a MRI ( put mee in a tube took pictures of my brain ) they said i had no bleeding in my brain, later a doctor came in and said how are you going to pay for this i said **** idnt know but ill pay for it some how, i went in alone to the hospital that day with no one by my side ,i gave him 400$  he later came back and said here your qualify for financial aid with your condition for the next month and 2 weeks  i thought thank you ..I drank alot of Tylenol and left i felt alot better knowing my brain wasn't bleeding that night my sister brought home starbucks she left it on the table i just again thought hey.. ill drink that thing i drank it , then drank a coca cola , about 10 mins later my heart just started to palpitate hard i was just like  **** what did i do ? And i was out of Ativan i went back to the hospital and a doctor came out and said hey you ****; little kid your just a crack head your crazy thats what drugs do to you , i was going to punch him but i though no im to sick , ( which reminds mee when i get better ima go punch that **** ) still my heart was palpitating , i walk out and a nurse told mee go to a general doctor it was 5 am she said wait 3 hrs and go its was across the street same hospital just different department , so finally around 10 am it was my appointment ,My genral doctor she gave mee only two Ativans and said sleep and tomorrow you have to go to rehab , she in-listed mee at kaiser rehab , i finally sleep , the next morning i went to rehab , it had been about a week now i check in and i see my doctor at the rehab immediately  , i told her about the cramps electricity,headache, heart and sleep problems , she referrald mee to another cardiologist , the thing i didnt no is your not allowed to be on Benzos while in rehab , big mistake which i desperately needed, She proscribed me Robaxin for muscle spasm , and Motrin for heart pain , and tylenol pm for my head aches and sleep . They helpd , i was on those three none Narcotic medicines for the next month i do not know how i did it , i still had the worst Head pain ive ever felt , my brain was brusied it was cloudy i was so pissd i felt like this every day for 5 weeks until one night the cloudy ness just dissipated , but i was still having brutal pain but my brain wasnt as cloudy , for the next other months my had brutal head head aches i mean brutal like a sharp pain by myhead being completely
bruised strange , at 13 weeks one day i have like a 15 pound weight i just start to lift it i did about 1000 repititions that day none stop i was so dizzy complety dizzy and my head felt numb i thought **** if i die well idntknw i was sweating , the next morning my head felt so so so much better , now to night is my 16th week feeling like this i still have the sleep problems this whole thread was posted about but i feel alot better , now i just have to try to solve these heart palpitation and finally restore my serotonin and dopamine to finally sleep with out the Benzos .. i will be here to help any one who suffer one day what i suffered
WOW, What a journey you've been on. Glad you got into rehab and seems your brain is healing. The heart may take a bit longer to level out the residual anxiety. Look how far you have come!!! As hard as it is to not self medicate ti reduce symptoms as they arise....DONT! Get with the Doc you most identify with and stick to his plan. This has been a long haul for you, you almost have it licked.....Stay strong, stay away from drugs, and keep us updated. xx
Yea i was able to sleep a bit better but the issue im trying to solve now is to get my chest strength back to normal  ,  i get random muscle twitches all over my body . But the twitching is bit more frequent than usual, they dnt hurt ( And Not all at once, or at the same time )but like little sections at different times of the day . For an instance my shoulder about a sq inch in size area just randomly twitches for about 20 seconds , or on my ribs , or my leg , arm , etc , So maybe i still have cocaine in my system ?
And about the sleep i dnt no ? its only been 1 night so far so ill know how my sleep is really doing with in the next 2 weeks , Just everyday i wake up im going be trying to detox very, very heavily  and get extremely healthy
Im ****** ..
What happened?
i injured myself badly.. and i dnt no what to do i never heard of this happening to anyone ??
im still very sick when i try to sleep and im still feeling very sick in general during the day my head feels numb i cant relax or sleep,
Can you ask the doc for valium that is not so strong. In the height of my WD just a tiny bit would help, just one half of the weakest xanax made, .25 mg, just half of that was enough to get the anxiety away without making me so tired.
stay the course, the symptoms will fade, and talking with a professional will sure help.

we are here for you friend,
hugs,
Lily
Hi there -

We would urge you to call 911 if you are badly injured.  We can't offer medical advice to you not knowing the nature of your injury and what medications/drugs you have used.

Given your symptoms, and your injury, please call 911 immediately.

We wish you the best, and please let us know how you are doing.

Emily
Im not taking the Valium anymore at all ,its too strong for mee right now , i dnt want to depend on it , I think  .25 of a Xannax is about 1/2 a 1 mg Ativan . They are so potent , and extremely addicting . For that reason im taking 10 mg Hydroxyzine , its a safer medication , or so they say . I wish i didnt have to take any medication . Thnx
P.s how long did your withdraw last ?
Im going to go to the hospital tonight , im going to write down all my exact symptoms , and write down all the questions that i have , sometimes when im talking to my doctor i forget parts of my questions in detail .im not sure what type of specialist i should be seeking though ( Medical Toxicologist  or Neurologist  ), that's one of my problems as well ? I'll keep posting , and when i get back ill post everything the doctors stated to mee. And Thank you
I'm glad you're going to the hospital.   Also glad you are writing down all your questions so you don't leave out anything.   Post when you get a chance and let us know how you are doing.
Im going in about an hour .I'll post when i get back, thnx
So i went to the hospital , and the doctors said its psychosis , i asked him why i get confused ,dizzy spells , strange head pressure pain , with like breathing problems, literally go in and out consciousnesses then wake up yell where am i and walk in circles every time i try to sleep ? , he said psychosis , i tried to explain to him that the drug over powered mee and that my body just gave out , i couldnt handle it , or that it poisoned mee , meaning it was thrash coke , he just said here , and gave mee more medication , which i didnt want at all .. he said give it 2 more weeks and if your still feeling sick we will start new test on you ,
What medicine did he give you Chris?

At least you now have an answer. Let's hope the meds help you!
The medication is not going to cure mee , but its going to relive the strange symptoms im feeling , its just gonna help mee cope until how ever long my body decides it wants to take for it to heal completely .My body just needs to heal its self back to normal.Its only been 3 3/4 months. So i guess i also have to accept the fact that its going to take a couple more months. Though i wish it didnt have to be this way , but i made the mistake of thinking id never injure myself . It could have been alot worse . I ask why didnt i at least get a small warning ? This is my warning because the next time a bigger accident happens i won't be here able to type this.
The person who i did this cocaine with is a idiot , he would never be able to find coke , he would always be at my house be annoying wanting mee to get him drugs..He would like talk to random people he didnt even know just to get drugs .. i ve done this stuff so many times 100's of x through trusted sources ; family member , Family long time friends ..  Never have i had a problem, never .. I do it once from a person who degrades them selves talking to anyone just to find drugs .. And i almost kill myself , i extremely hurt myself .. And to top it off he was complaining all night that his nose was clogged. And ended up giving mee the rest. How could i be so stupid ?
The main thing is, I hope you have learned a lesson.    There are no free rides when it comes to using drugs.   It is poison to your body.   You are young....have your whole life ahead of you.   Make this horrible episode count for something....for regaining your life and your health.    Hoping you heal and get this all behind you....and never use again.   Keep posting so we will know how you are doing.
Yea im done, ima concentrate on something else in life, well i already was that's what caused mee to relapse so hard because i was working on the coast where i live with my uncle.( i cant right now injured )So it got sorta out of had once mee knowing how to kinda start making a living while doing something that i loved , being near the ocean.
hand*
I still feel injured and sick , my head is light headed all day , my body feels fatigued , this light headedness is some how making my heart feel bruised and sore , i have like a numbing pain on my right temple , and when i try to completely relax the light headedness gets worse the the numbing sensation on my head gets worse and my chest gets extremely worstly fatigued and i start to feel my heart area being like bruised and sore ,