Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cocaine Septum Damage

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Cocaine Septum Damage

I fell into a 4 month binge with cocaine and I just had an eye opener.  I basically lost control.  Yesterday I felt a little hole on the inside of my nostril against the septum.  It seemed like a layer of skin had deteriorated.  After that heart stopping find, I began to do some research into the connection of cocaine and my find and learned that cocaine can eventually cause serious damage to the septum and nasal cavity.  My question is...Is there a thin layer of skin that covers the cartlidge that is the septum?  I suppose I needed this discovery to open my eyes and I realize what I have done to myself.  Right now I am more scared that what I discovered is permanent and I may need surgery.  It must have appeared recently because I have never noticed it before.  I don't feel that it is a deep hole, but more like a skin had deteriorated and left the cartilidge bare.  This was enough of a scare for me to completely stop my use.  I had not known that this could occur until I did my research. Since I am stopping my use, is there a skin that will grow over the hole or is it bare cartlidge naturally there and I caused damage directly to my septum's cartlidge.  I feel that if a skin will grow back, I will have been lucky and need to use this as an opportunity to straighten my act.  I'm not looking for sympathy or lecture, just some help in understanding what is going to happen.  The thought of all of this is deeply concerning me and I need to know if I can let it heal itself. I know cartlidge does not grow back, but is there a skin that grow back over.  I don't believe that I caused damage to the cartlidge itself.  I keep repeating myself because this is a great concern of mine.  Does anybody know what I am talking about?  Please help.
I'm not the doctor here and hate to invade his territory but I know you have been waiting for an answer to your problem.
When I was in drug rehab, several people who used cocaine had the same thing happen to them after snorting for long periods.  To my knowledge, they were able to heal and had no long term effects.  We've all read the stories of people having to get plastic implants, etc. but I think you would probably have to use cocaine for a longer period than four months.  You should see a doctor asap however because infection of your membranes may cause even worse problems.  It sounds like you've had quite the wake up call here with your nose!  Plastic surgery can be very painful physically and financially.  Take care of your nose and the rest of yourself as well!
man i dont think that will heal itself, hope it does. good luck ps.you did get the wake up call? i hope??????
Dirk,

May I ask what site you did your research on this problem of yours?

I would like to check it out.

thanks
just wanted to say I loved your work in Boogie Nights.

The first reply to your post was pretty much righ on target.  Coke can erode away the protective membrane in your nose.  One of the first things I would be concerned about is - nosebleed.  Do you, or have you suffered nosebleeds?  I am glad this is a wake-up call and I pray you get some help right away before the damage becomes serious enough to require surgical intervention.  One thing you might try on your own while you are waiting for your appointment with a doctor... moisture, and lots of it.  Get a cold mist humidifier and put it next to your bed.  Run it all night.  Hot steam from the shower for 15-20 minutes also can help moisturize the mucosal membranes that may be dry and erroded.  Drink lots of water.  Keep yourself hydrated.  A nasal moisture product called Ocean (which is pure saline solution) and sold under many names , is cheap - and you use it like nasal spray to keep your nose hydrated.  It may help.  Any coke use though, will only hinder any good your natural attempts to get some relief are doing.  Stay Strong.  It's not easy but you can do it if you set your mind.  Get someone to look at that nose right away.

Peace,
deja
Thanks for everyones input.  I really appreciate it, but please leave ridiculous and unnecessary comments out.

I currently do not have health insurance because I am in the middle of a job transistion and that is why I am using this method to possibly learn more about what is going on.  Someone had mentioned that that layer over my septum is actually a membrane.  Is that true?  Does anyone know if that portion will heal over and grow back?  Someone also suggested using a salene solution to keep the damage moist and prevent it from drying.  Would it be safe to use neosporin to help it heal by killing germs and keeping it moist as well or will it never begin to heal over naturally?  I am looking to find a doctor, but without insurance I do not know where to begin.
Let me say that I've never snorted cocaine so I could be wrong about your condition.  Several years ago, I worked in a plant that manufactures car batteries.  One day I was enveloped in a cloud of gas containing acid and breathed in the fumes before I could get my respirator on.  The acid ate through the membranes in my nostrils and they became a painful bloody mess.  These membranes are less than paper thick and contain many capillaries and nerve cells-very sensitive stuff.  This was a very seriuos medical problem and required weeks of treatment.  The infection was of major concern and I was treated with antibiotics.  My eyes and lungs were also involved.  I'm not a doctor but I would think that Neosporin would be helpful if you can get it in a nasal spray form.  I don't remember what was used on me but I do remember it was very expensive.  

To this day I still have problems with my nasal passages and suffer infection and nose bleeds during the dry winter months.  I've used Ocean Spray and it works pretty well in that it seems to flush all the junk out of my nose.  Whatever you use, it has to be sterile.  Hope this helps you out somehow.
I would like to begin by saying thank you J.B., your input has been very helpful and informative.  I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  I hope all has gotten better.

So is it my understanding that this membrane should begin to grow back since I AM STOPPING my use?  I began putting neosporin on it last, but the thought of what I was putting the cream on made me cringe.  Last night I remembered that there is a neosporin spray, so I will be getting that today.  Does anybody have any more feedback on this whole topic?  Please....

Russki, as to where I did my research.....I just did massive search on all the major search engines (i.e. yahoo, lycos, hot bot, alta vista, etc.) for cocaine, cocaine nasal damage, nostril damage, etc. I've searched for online medical forums like this one relative to drug abuse and addiction and places to search for answers related to these questions I have.
If anyone would like to help me out on this through email, my email is ***@****.

Did you try mayoclinic.com ? You can E-mail them with your question.
Thank you Kate, but the portion where you can ask questions won't help with individual medical cases unless they are of broad interest and educational value to the general public.  They wouldn't handle my question, especially since they get thousands of emails a week.  Do you have any other recommendations?

You may have a hospital in your area that has a "Ask A Nurse" hotline number. Or do a search under "Ask A Nurse", but sometimes the online services ask for a fee.
Dirk my man you should be O.K.  The condition which you describe does not sound like a full blown deviated septum.  Keep the area moist and put an antibiotic cream like Bacitacin or Triple Antibiotic on the area four times a day.  Don't pick your nose.  Don't blow your nose.  Don't do coke in your nose (or anything else)  The area should heal quickly but if it does not then you will need medical attention.  Good Luck.    BOB
P.S. With a handle like Dirk Digler do you get alot of flack?
Bob, thanks for your opinion.  That was some of the feedback that I was hoping.  Maybe because it was somewhat reassuring that everything will be fine and perhaps I got lucky.  I'm still deeply concerned, so I'd still like some more feedback and other peoples opinions, so please keep this going. Thanks a lot!

You are probably wondering why I don't just go see a doctor, but without insurance it can get pretty costly especially if it is something that I can address on my own for a few days, but if I feel it is not getting better then I will be going to see one.  Plus, it's not that easy to approach a doctors office stating the reason why I think that this has happened.

P.S. Sure I get a lot of flap for that, but it's too late to change that handle.
That is the Ear, Nose and Throat area of medicine.  I have terrible sinus trouble and I see an Otolaryngologist.  I did not know if you surfed and searched under that name if you might hit a case study or find some Q and A stuff.  Good luck to you.
Sincerely,
Shelly
Dirk,
You may have been very lucky.  I am a retired ENT and Facial surgeon and will be glad to provide you with info re the nose and septum.  Some of the posts are good, but some are giving good and bad info.  Drop me a line at ***@**** and I'll tell you the best I can without a live nose....for Christmas.
rpc
sorry to offend you with my ridiculous and unnecessary comment. I'm sure you're quite anxious about your condition and dealing with it coming down from coke must not be a day at the beach. If I had any experience in coke-related matters, I would have offered you what I knew. Good luck in your recovery. (still liked the movie, though)
Dirk,
I'm not a doctor and have never tried cocaine,,but I would think it might be wise to put some neosporin on it and keep it moist,,ask the pharmacist if you can put neosporin in your nose,,its probably okay but ask,,tell him you have sore in your nose from a cold if you don't want to tell him the truth,,
but if you do get an infection, don't hesitate to see a doctor asap..go to the emergency room if you have to because they have to treat you even without insurance..because i would imagine an infection spreadin to the cartilege could be very serious, that and the close proximity the inside of you nose has with the brain and even the eyes,,you wouldn't want an infection to spread....but it will probably be okay.....
one thing for sure is quitting, won't make it any worse and can't hurt.., now that you know it is there, try to not to pick at it and irritate it more....also i think someone mentioned a humidifier,,a cold humidifier would probably be a good idea for when you sleep, unless you are already in an incredibly humid climate, but lots of states in the winter dry out,,one word of advice,,we used to have paneled walls in our bedroom and always used a humidifier(i liked the noise to sleep with among other things) well always use distilled water in them, not tap water,,our walls were soon covered with a white layer from all the hard water mineral deposits from using tap water....
beanie
I went to the doctors office a little while and thought that I would fill in everyone who has tried to help me on this situation I got myself into.  I was right about a hole starting to form along my septum.  The doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic cream to put on the area.  It is stronger than neosporin type antibiotic ointments.  It's to be applied with a cotton swab.  She said that it will begin to heal with the cream and time.  She also suggested that I visit an ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) Doctor.  I'm telling you this because I was never really informed of the complications my use could cause besides the financial burden and possible heart damage prolonged use would cause.  I never thought this could happen to me, but it did.  What a wake up call!  I'm going to continue reading this forum for other postings of peoples opinions and real life experiences related to this for some reassurance, etc.  Please keep out negative and discouraging feedback.  Thanks for everyone's input and help.
Thank God that's all that happened. Like you mentioned you could have had a heart attack or stroke. Plus the addictive part of the drug is what makes cocaine a horrible drug. Media glamourised this drug for the longest time. It's a drug for losers. What I do not understand is why the fact that it can cause a heart attack or stroke or that it kills and addicts many people didn't scare you. IMO you should still have treatment for relapse prevention. The people here will help, but we are not a substitute for treatment. BESt of Luck To You Dirk!
Sincerely,
Dan..
ps: treatment is necessary so that you you won't go right back to using after your nose has healed. Next time you may not be so lucky!
Believe me Dan, I will not relapse!  Maybe this scare is covering the withdrawls, but there is no way I will go back to that or even other drugs.  I keep wishing I could go back in time to when I was a kid and didn't even encounter stupid problems like I have.  Thanks for your concern!  The reason why the obvious didn't scare me in the first place is because of the whole mentatility of..."That stuff can't happen to me".  Obviously I was wrong.  You never really hear about many people high up in the career chain who use it to really suffer and reprecutions.  You always here about the addicts who live in the ghettos...hookers, dealers, and more or less people who lost focus of life that things like that happen to.  I admit I was ignorant.  Now I'll have a constant reminder to stay away from everything.  It's sad that it came to this.
You gave Dirk some very good advice concerning cocaine.  But Dirk made a good point too in his reply.  The "it'll never happen to me" mentality most of us have.  Fear simply does not deter many of us from smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, gambling, sky diving, bungee jumping and what have you.  For some of us, a wake up call is all that is needed.  For others, it's literally hitting bottom that does the trick. Step three is the worst way to stop but it happens, as we well know.

Dirk, I wish you the best!  We do hear about a lot of "higher ups" getting into trouble with drugs, they are not exempt either.  Remember people like Richard Prior, Robert Downey Jr., River Pheonix, Janis Joplin and the list goes on and on.

I'm a 19 year old male, I've been using freebase (or crack) cocaine for about a year and a half.  I used to exhale the smoke through my nose and I remember about a year ago I heard a strange clicking noise in my upper nasal area between my eyes.  Now, the thing that got me to quit coke was when I noticed my facial structure had changed.  The top of my nose began to sink inwards a little bit, the bottom got broader.  Also the cartilage almost down to the base of my nose came out.  The rest of the remaining cartilage became lodged behind my eyes and in my sinuses.  When I cry the tears run from the tear ducts down under my skin, all the dirt and junk inhaled into my nose is washed out with mucus that travels under my skin instead of out my nose since there is not barrier in my nose.  This causes a steal look on my skin under my eyes (bluish tint).  Also, it causes red soars that look like pimples where particles get lodged into my skin.  What do I do?? if you look up into my nose it looks like a black hole.  I stoped coke after this but i'm worried.  Theres a small dent in the roof of my mouth where my septum receaded.  What do I do??????
i have just stumbled across your web page and it's now febuary 22, 2001. i just wanted to write in hope that you did not fall off the wagon! so please e-mail me as soon as you can at babykakes_84***@**** Good luck!!!!!!!
How is it that you can afford to buy cocaine but can not afford to go to a Dr.?
The cost of a quarter oz of coke is less than a monthly insurance payment, co-pays, deductibles and prescription costs.
how do your help your nose heal after you get holes in it?
The original post date of this thread was over 7 years ago. These people are not here anymore. Start your own post and you will get a lot more answers to your questions. Go to the bottom of this page and hit 'Back to Forum' and that will bring you to the current stuff. At the top, left handside of the forum there is a green Post Question button. Hit it and post away. Good luck
Greatgreebo
I'm 17, started using cocaine heavily at the beginning of 2007 for about 3 months, slowed down a bit then when I found a connection in the state I had just moved to with a much higher quality product I went back into another 3 month binge and finally began getting nosebleeds (which should have deterred me but didn't) I now have a heavily eroded septum bordering on having a hole which I believe I would had I not had such a thick septum to begin with. Cocaine has been my vice since I was first introduced to it, it has given me the best and worst of times and now I have completely stopped due to my find. Let's hope that later on down the road of life I can continue to refrain from it's usage.
I snorted cocaine for several years and have a hole the size of a silver dollar in my septum, it will not heal, ever.  Cartiledge does not regenerate and my Ear Nose and Thoart doc says the whole is way to big to place a plu in. My left nostril is completly occluded no air passes through it.  I regugulary aquire sinus infections.  This is no joke people cocaine is a monster and it will do damage that you will live with for the rest of your life if you continue.

PS
I've been clean for three years, however the aftermath is a daily reminder of my addiction to "girl", "blow", "the white lady", "the white poney" or whatever it's current street name is.
I have had a similar problem but not for the same reason...I was told to avoid trauma like blowing your nose and was told to apply antibiotic ointment prn with a q-tip to the area...it did grow back (:  But the tissue at that site will always be weak even after it grows back and will break again very easily....no more snorting!
OK, you have to do coke for WAY longer than 4 months to poke a hole all the way thru the septum. I have researched it, and most medical journals say that it is the vasoconstricting charachteristics of the drug that do it... basically, coke makes the little capillaries shut off blood flow. so every time you do it, a few cartillage cells die of oxygen deprivation. I used to be into drugs, for about 3 years of my life. I only ever knew one person who got a full-blown hole inside their nose. She did coke, meth, oxycontin, and god knows whatelese up her nose for years, like 15 years to get to this point. I believe the vasoconstricting thing, but I personally believe there is more to it. When I was into drugs, I did them often, but unlike many people who get too into drugs, I had a lot of weird personal rules about them. I only did certain drugs, and high quality ones. I really believe, that drugs that are cut with abrasive fillers will ruin your nose faster. As will plain nasty drugs like crank. I also always used to use the saline nose spray stuff every time after using, to wash the excess stuff out. I think that if my aquaintance had been more dilligent, she would not have killed her nose. I used to know a lot of really messed up people who didn't kill their noses. But she used to pick at it, and lived in a nasty place, the lot.
Thankfully nowadays I have other things to do and live for. Don't get too down on yourself. Where I grew up, it is normal for people to experiment with drugs for a year or more, but virtually everybody eventually stops, graduates from college, gets a job, gets married, etc... just becuase you made bad choices for only a few months does not mean that your a bad person or cant rise above it. you can do whatever you want to do, which thankfully  sounds like taking care of yourself, so keep doing that.
Rubbish Roo42! I'm Angel 33 from london and I developed a hole in my septum after using 3 to 4 grames a day for 4 months! That was 18months ago, I finally stopped using cocaine 7 months ago,my septum has healed. But that doesn't mean my nose is cured. I suffer with a constant runny nose, mucus build up at night that wakes me up choking! also please understand that all people are very different, what affects one may not affect another.
so how exactly can one find out if he/she is close to getting a hole in the septum, or already has a hole? do you just stick your finger in your nose as deep as possible to search for any wound or hole?
you will be able to feel it right away. it you have that hole you should be able to stick one finger in one nostril and out the other, yes that's gross, but that is how you tell. i damaged my septum also. are you still using coke?
I am in the same boat.  I used coke for 8 months or so about a gram every day or every other day.  The coke has eroded the tissue in the left side of my nose.  I have now stopped for good and hope it grows back.  The left nostril has widened and looks funny.  I hate myself but i hate coke more. Don't do it trust me its not worth it.
Hey all.  I have been using cocaine I'd say once per week or every other week give or a take for a little over a year.  Sometimes I'd rinse my nose out after a night of using but many times I just didn't.  I've been getting the dry, inflamed, crusty type of stuff I assume every cocaine user gets since I started and when I stayed off it and put oil or vaseline in my nose it usually got better.  However the last three weekends I have indulged myself I'd say about half a gram which is usually all I would do in a night without rinsing.  About 2 days after my last night of partying I started to notice a pain in my left front tooth when I breathe in.  I usually switch up my nostrils when snorting but the pain is only on the left side.  I've felt a bit of discomfort in my head and kinda around my left ear as well.  Like my sinus is f'd up basically.  If I mess with the tooth I get a dull kinda aching feeling as well as when I inhale.  I worry alot in life which could be adding to my symptoms but I've never had my teeth hurt before after using.  I'm gonna call it quits with the yola.  I've had my fun but it's just not worth it.  I cant see anything visibly when I look in my nose except I can put my finger up my left nostril more than the right.  Any thoughts or similar symptoms anybody?  I'll go to my doc if it stays like this but I'd rather not if It's something I'm just over reacting about.  I also started using Ocean spray and a neti pot.  Take care
mr worried, sounds to me like ya have an infected tooth. alot of times teeth will get infection under em, and cause the ache ya feel. it will affect the ears too. i would say see your dentist, i doubt this problem has ne thing to do with the blow. but it is time to quit , burning a hole in your nose is prolly not far away. good luck, and come back here for support when ya are ready to fight it!!
Hey Thanks newmanagment for the quick response.  Yeah if it stays like this for the rest of the week I will go to the dentist.  It's my left front permanent tooth so it seems wierd to have an infection under it but who knows.  I went to the dentist for deep cleaning a couple of months ago as well and he didnt say anything about it.  Anyway thanks again.
i used coke very little(probably about 8 times total, around probably 1-3 grams) from the beginning of feburary until 2 weeks ago when i had the huge wake up call. although i only used coke for a short time, i'm really worried about my septum. the inside is very crusty and could easily be compared to a scab in my nose. is this the beginning signs of a deviated septum?

-what should i do to heal this?
---i know the basics: dont touch it, put neosporin on it
both of which i have been doing but, should i get the nasal spray, ocean? is there anything else i should do?
Ms_curious yes these are the signs of damage to your nose which can and WILL lead to permanent damage.  I have had what you are describing for about a year.  It heals up a bit and as soon as you do more goes right back to being f'd up again.  My advice is put vaseline inside your nose because it will keep it covered for a long time and stop dryness.  This was my doctors advice when I first expressed concern for the scabs and dryness.  Try not to pick at it too much and I'm almost positive it will clear up.  But you have to stop using coke.  Ocean is good once or twice a day I guess to mouisturize the nasal passage but if you just stop doing it time will heal your nose.  You really haven't very much at all so don't worry.  It's fun but when a year or 2 or 3 go by and your still doing it causing permament mental and physical damage the partying won't seem worth it.  Good luck. I'm trying to stay away from it myself :)
thank you so much for all your tips.
i will follow them.

take care and good luck

stay strong
Hey, you know the same thing happened to me, i was a user of cocaine for 4 months as well, and one day i did way to much, and it scared me. I have only done it once in 2 months, and the last time was about 3 weeks ago, i just noticed the cuts inside my nose as well...could you let me know exaclty what you've decided to do?
Hi all, this is actually my first time doing any sort of research on this subject, though I should have a long time ago but have been too embarrassed. I'm so glad that you are all so helpfull and understanding on the matter...anywho, my story: In college I fell into quite a heavy cocaine bender that lasted about one year....and after I kicked the dirty stuff, I have used it very occasionally up untill now (3 years later). And now I can officially say that I will never do it again because the last couple times I used, I felt tremendous pain in my nose and would look up to see what was the cause, and literally watched what was once just a scratched septum, turn into a non-exsistant one over night.... it wasn't there three months ago or three years ago when I actually had reason to have one. I have just been so lost as to where to go from here because now I have a very large whole between my nostrils despite the fact that I have stopped using cocaine... why did this happen now rather than before?
I had used cocaine and abused the drug for nearly seven years.  I found it wonderfully enticing at first...then I realized I could drink more with it's use.  I realized I had to face a seroius problem when I had depleted my money accounts, had just about lost my husband of five years and boyfriend of 13, I was coming close to losing my job, which would lead me flat on my ***.  People with whom I have discussed this issue tell me you have to reach "rock bottom" before you realize you have a problem or will except help.  I suffered from at least 6-10 sinus infections within a years time.  I was always tired, never felt that I could do anything with/o the use of coke.  I finally had to see a specialist ENT for reconstructive surgery-he literally told me my nasal cavity looked like WWII.  I could only breath through my mouth..which meant every morning I awoke with a dry sticky flim covering my tongue.  So, I made the appt. to see the ENT to see what the hell was the matter with my nose.  Needless to say he had me in for a CAT scan then surgery with/i 1, yes, ONE month.  The polyps with/in my nasal cavity had grown so baddly...I had a nose that was ready to COLLAPSE!!!  So, I had to have surgery.  Within 3 days, he removed the packing of gauze from my nose.  I can NOT even begin to express to anyone that has used or abused cocaine that YOU NEED TO STOP!!  I thought it was cool, it made me feel like a queen-the best person there could be...ask me anything and I had an answer for you...Cocaine is weird like that. I loved the high, but hated the downs (which last for at least 3 or 4 days).  I'm sorry I ever tried the ****.  It is not worth the pain and the awful hurt you will go through inside of your self.  Blame will turn to shame...stop using.  I have explored many options...It has been easier for me to just stop...forget about the people that get me worked up inside so very much that I feel I need to used.  Point being, once you have had the surgery to clean up your nasal cavity and remove any polyps that may have arisen, & the simple thought of the $ you have wasted to stick a straw up your nose and suck in some white powder to 'get high' you will soon realize that none of those days, weeks, or years were really worth what you will have to deal with in the future.  Some people may turn to drinking after a hard day's work, some will sleep (especially if you have been using), others work out, read a book.  The hardest part for me was and will always be the end of the work day.  I sometimes convinceiced myself that I deserved to snort "just a little"....There's no excuse.  I have found the easiest way to not use is to either go directly home & realaxe or go to the gym & pound out my frustration.  Believe me this is the hardest time.  But there is hope...coke is only MENTALLY addicting..so convince yourself you don't need it...your nose will collapse and you will be horrible looking forever, you have no $...what ever it takes..I went to a couple of AA meetings...I like the people but it wasn't for me...I do suggest to buy the BLUE BOOK for AA...read it like it's a bible carry it with you. When you feel weak or hurt orthe NEED read the book for yourself!   Nobody needs to know.  I also say a prayer every morning..to God, or who ever there is watching over me, to help me guide me & for those that may tempt me.  I wish anyone facing this problem that GOD be with you..you may turn to sugar...to replace that feeling..of learned helplessness don't... Peace be with you....
I'm 16. I've been involved with the drug for about 9 months now. I wasn't so bad into it in the first 2 months, but then it turned into a weekend thing, then eventually a during the week thing, you know how it goes. I used to do an 8 ball and a half a week. Im not really sure how much that is in grams, I think its 5-6 grams? I've recently gotten myself in to some **** with a dealer of mine... I stole 500-600$ worth of the white stuff and honestly it was quite a wake up call for me...was an awful feeling doing that to a buddy of mine...Now I'm really trying to clean my act up and considering going to see a counsellor and what not. But now reading about the nose damage and what not, I'm wondering what I've done to my poor little nose and whatever else it damages. I've had 2 nose bleeds, one being when we did one 8 ball, and one when I only did a half a gram... which is a big difference?
This is a really old post....you will get more responses and help if you will click back to forum and then post a new question....save time by cutting and pasting your question. Welcome to the forum...lots of support and info here! I don't know much about coke...but I do know you should stop now while you are young!
Wow, you're only 16, and doing coke. Gee, times have changed. I feel so old and I'm only 29. So kids are no longer smoking pot behind the shelter sheds, they're doing coke?

It really isn't worth it. My best friend (she's like a sister to me, since we were 12 yo) is currently in jail serving 2.5 years for importing coke. She and I dabbled a lot, but only really did coke in social settings (say every couple of months). The 8 ball thing, that sounds like a lot - do you do this in one night??

Anyway, as soon as my BF got done, I stopped (all drugs). After reading all about the nose issues and further problems, it reitertates the fact that white stuff just isn't worth it. At least we know that alcohol doesn't kill you or stuff up your nose. As long as you don't drink to the point of needing your stomach pumped, you can have a pretty fun night out. Talk to your friends, and make the right choice - if you have to get "high" or happy, just get drunk!

Good luck, and don't succumb to pressure - you should share the nose info with your friends and tell them they'd be dickheads to let their face get f*d up over a good time.

Reformeddabbler
So....I used coke very heavily over a 2 year period.  It got to where I'd do an 8 ball 3-4 times a week.  On average I'd get 5-10 hours per week.  For some reason, during this period, I got to where I thought this was normal.  

I had a great job.  Then I stopped going.  My employer tried to work with me because I told them I was clinicallly depressed.  I'd performed well enough before I started using coke, that they tried to work with me.  

Finally, I just stopped caring about my job, my life, or my friendships.  Here is the result from that two year period:

1.  My septum (the bone part) is still there, but there is no tissue around it.  I've been off coke for a year now, and it's
     way beyond coming back.  

2.  I still have large deposits of mucus, that never came out.  It's just stuck there.  And when I try to go to sleep at
     night, I can feel it moving around and it makes pretty loud noises in my sinus.  

3.  I had a 700 credit score, now it's 580.  I basically used 6 credit cards to support an $800 per week habit, with no
     possible way of paying it back.
4.  I moved from Ga. to Pa. during my prime usage for a job, I bought 10 8 balls from my guy, basically they were
     gone in the 1st week.  

5.  When I was doing coke, I'd basically alienate myself from doing anything social.  I became very estranged from my
     friends, during this time.  At the time, I'd rather be by myself doing lines, than socially interacting with people.

I sound like I'm the anti-coke poster boy.  I'm not.  If it were in front of me right now, I'd do tons of it and miss work tomorrow.  

It comes to a point where you just have to tell yourself not to put yourself in that situation.  I'm 33.  I feel like a survivor of something.  Coke makes you feel good, yes.  But how do you feel when the coke is all gone?  How do you feel when you wake up after not sleeping for 2 days?  It's just plain not freaking worth it.  

Anyway, I started looking at this site hoping that there was good news about my septum.  There isn't any good news.  

If your using just stop.  Can't stress this enough.  It will ruin you.  
hi and welcome. i too have nose damage, from a heavy 5 year habbit, but it has healed quite a bit since i quit. although the hole never heals, the tissue should. im so happy to hear that you have been clean a year now. i just wanted to let you know if you have a question or would like to post anything go to top of this page and you will see "post a question". this is an older thread and sometimes gets overlooked. ty for sharing your comment, i can relate
I used and sold cocaine from the time I was 16 until I was 20.  During this time I snorted everyday, like the other guy sometime it was fun just to be doing it at home by my self listening to music or if I was around a lot of people I just did it.   I had such a love for the drug that I coulnd't turn away from it knowing that it was messing my nose up, but I never knew it would to this extent.  During that 4 year period I did at least 1 bump a day.  I would find away to get coc in my system, but most days it was a gram or more.  Alot of times I would do an 8 ball a day, with the help of a couple friends we done a half ounce in one night.  When I turned 21 I didn't sell it anymore from fear of getting set up, but I still done it like hell for a minute,  I was buying 7 grams on the weekend and doing it mostly in one night.  So eventually I quit all together and started getting my life straight, but for me now its hard to cope with others because my nose is deterierated on the inside.  It affects my breathing, my facial expressions, my smile and the way I talk.  So I'm in school and everything hoping that when I get out I can get a nose job.  I've already went to a bone specialist about my nose because I've also been in fights and got it broke, so its damaged in more ways than one.  The doctor kinda acted like a ***** and said the damage isn't done from someone hitting you, when in actuallity my bone is messed up from getting hit and my septum is deviated.  He let me know I had a deviated septum and gave me some ******** spay, all those sprays do is make me sneaze,  the best solution until I get a job to stop the pain is vicks to make it run right and neosporin to make it less painful, and sometimes I'll take a pain pill not because I like the feeling of them just because of my nose.  Its harsh to live like this knowing I always loved my  self now I think about things that drugs have done to me and I can't get those things back it's really depressing until the point when you consider suicide.  Drugs have made think about suicide more than you could ever imagine, its really a wonder I've never done it, I guess i'm just a suvivor because even through all the ******** I'm gonna try to keep going and find ways to beat the problems, if I can beat the problem and keep living good then I've won and not the drugs.  My solution to people on coke or thinking about it, your life will be so much better not ******* with it, it will drag u down so fast, so that's my message do what u want to with, if your smart then you should take the advice from a person who knows the affects me.
Hi and welcome, this is an old post. i too have a deviated septum, but it sounds like your damage may be worse. They can fix it somehow, im not sure exactly, some type of plate i have heard. How long have u been clean? if you want, you can go to top and go to "post question", there is a lot of great support here. good luck
Dear All,

The bad news is that perforation of the nasal septum does not repair. Most of the times it does not need surgical procedures, but your nose will keep making scabs requiring daily cleaning.

I had it too, and several others problems from using as well, but I always had a rationale to even snorting it again. I only started to recover my life after initiating a long term treatment. Accepting that an addiction is a disease you are not guilty of, and keeping away from the drug is the first step. Living a better life by receiving adequate care from family and doctors/groups is what provides a true chance to keep our addiction from coming back. It is an unfortunate thing that will stick for a lifetime.

With deep regards,

MD Will
I did a line of coke 6 months ago and didn't do it again till a monh ago when I did a fat line. But in the past week (over 4 days) I've done maybe 2 grams but I've decided well and truely to quit and never do it again.

Although I'm not getting nose bleeds everytime I blow my noise the snot/mucus that comes out is slightly blooded.

I done the finger up the nose test and feel no evident damage.

Is this blooded mucus/snot a sign I have dome pernament damage or do you think this is just a side effect of having done it?

Obviously this isn't proffessional medical advice but if you guys say this is a side effect from a minor useage I will probably have no need to worry.

Regards

bD
whats d story me names jamie from ireland ive been doin coke since i was 14.. im now 19... id say ive done it d odd weekend when i was i4 -i5 but d past 3 years ive been selling coke and doin it most days and every weekend!! sumtimes id do up 2 an once on a weekend with d help of a couple a friends!! now nearly every day i hav a blocked nose or i hav nose bleeds!!  but it still hasnt stopped me!! ive even been in hospital wit a slite heart attack. and hav panick attacks every couple a days!! i dont feel rught atall, i wish id never start doin coke and t telll ya d truth its extreamly hard t get off it!! i say it to meself every week dat im goin t stay away from it but d second i get a few drinks into me im lashin it out of it straight away for about 2 days solid!! and im seriuosly ****** ip over it!! i need to blow my nose every 5 minutes durin d week.. and suffer very heavy nose bleeds!! should i go see d doctor cause i do get pulpataions in my heart??
I have been clean for 10 yrs. and still my "favorite", the left nostril, hasn't healed. The septum isn't deviated, but the fine mucous membrane covering it seems to actually be getting ever so slowly worse. My doctor prescribes a nice lanolin salve that is much better than vasoline; avoid all mineral oil products, they don't help! Still, I occasionally get a build up of thick cartilage that is annoying to just leave alone, so I remove it then it bleeds a little.
  Its all connected: the nasal passages, the sinuses, the teeth, the gums, all of it. When my nostril is raw, I feel it above and behind my eyes, I have tooth sensitivity/light pain, eyes get wattery yet dry in the corners.
Conclusion, a little coke is bad, a lot is worse, what it is cut with though compounds it yet more. Who knows what **** we've put into our systems? This and people's genetics determine when and if it ever heals. All the doctors I've tried say it probably won't ever heal in my case. I can only hope it doesn't worsen even more. There was a time I tried helping it by inhaling ginseng! Bad idea. I researched it and I now have what is called "atrophic rhinitis", they said that can be caused by inhaling ginseng, due to some irritating acids in the stuff.
My experience has been that living in a mild-to-moderate climate, outside of big dirty cities, is what helps the most. live clean, no secrets, be honest. Good luck to us all!
hi
ok so this is what you do if you have a hole in your septum but this will only work if it is a small hole take a aloe plant liquid vitamin e and make some oatmeal take the mucus looking part of the oatmeal separate it from the oats take the cotton ball fist dip it in the liquid e then the aloe finally coat the hole cotton ball in the mucus part of the oatmeal put one in each side of the septum push it in with a q tip push it nice and easy as to form a matrix then follow up with some more cotton to keep it pushed in there leave it in as long as possible then repeat until it is healed also eat a lot of jello in 3 to 4 weeks you will have your septum back to normal
You people all comment on your cocaine use like your proud of it. whats wrong with you people? roo42 you need help loser real help. You think it was ok and wasn't causing you harm when you were doing drugs simply because you only did high quality drugs? Real smart!! You just paid a little more money than everyone else did to all aid in killing yourselves. Yes cocaine is cut with alot of bad things these days but if your doing coke thats cut or not your still doing the same harms to yourself. And theirs alot of selfish people on here that all can talk of the bad things that they have done to their selves. What about your families? One thing that I've realized is that we did not only do this to ourselves but we did it to our families as well. And just because all the kids you grew up with roo were crackheads who didn't care about themselves or anyone else doesn't mean that all people expiriment with drugs for a short time at some point of their lives. And dirk can you answer one question  for me? How long did your wake up call last for? I've been in your shoes and what you were doing was trying to assure yourself that your hole will close up so that you can keep on sniffing your junk. The only person that your fooling is yourself Dirk!!! IF you were on a COKE binge and you do coke everyday a little hole in your nose isn't gonna keep you from getting your daily fix. IF you really wanted to quit you would be in rehab right now. Dont wait for that hole to get to big like the size of a silver dollar which I heard some other idiot branging about or till your overdose and die cause then you won't be needing that nose too much when your dead!!!!! People you can't quit alone. You need support from family or friends  Good luck to all of you
you sir are in every sense of the word a pompus ***. i sat here and read every single post because they all touched me as storys of addicts finally hitting there rock bottom and turning their lives around in most of the cases. but then someone like you has to come along and tell them theyre all bad people because they gave a referance to how long they used and how much. when your dealing with a subject such as this where it involves damage due to heavy drug use its helpful to know whether it was just a few lines a night or an 8 ball a night. that may be the differance between having a septum and not having one and never once did it strike me as anyone bragging about their usage. nobody in their right mind would brag about snorting an 8 ball a night with their deviated septum. please do step off your soap box and stop telling recovering addicts that they're the scum of the earth, its people like you who are the driving force in a young addictive personality and if they had less people like you in their lives this forum wouldnt be so full of storys that both touch my heart and inspire me to never snort anything again. i myself found this website worried that my nose was damaged from snorting perscription meds such as oxy, adderall (adderrall), and methadone as of recently. thank god i still have my septum and mucus membrane intact and most likely the damage ive done will heal. but the last thing i need  while i try to get clean and healthy is someone telling me im a bad person for seeking help
good luck i hope every one who posted here is clean, healthy and happy by now
                                                                       Tucansam
Glad you found us here on medhelp! You will get so much support while you fight to free yourself from the chains of addiction. You should post your story so you can start getting support. At the top of the page you will see a green box that says "post a question". Just click on that and let us know a little about you if you feel comfortable. Normally no one on here will judge so don't let the one post above keep you from getting the great support and friendships that you will make along the way that will help you to the other side. In other side I mean sobriety which is a great place to be!
Best of luck to you!

Brian
Unfortanately i used Cocaine for 15 yrs. started when 20 and now im 35. believe me when i tell you that if you continue the use of coke you will have much more to worry about than your nose. I dont have a deviated septum but i do have one hole that goes directly to my sinus cavity and another that goes srtraight to the back of my throat. in the last 7 yrs of use i would do a minimum of a ball or 3 to 4g's. daily about some point maybe 5 yrs ago my nose stopped being able to drain at all. meaning whatever i snorted just stayed there and would turn to a scab the size of a marble. sometimes larger. my nose would become completely clogged so i would take a q-tip and make a hole so i could do me (smart i know). that would then create "fresh tissue" for the cocaine to destroy. and believe me it hurt like a SOB at first. to hide that pain i had to do more for the numbing effect of the drug.  it came to a point that when i did do powder i wouldnt get high because it wouldnt dissolve. so what should you do at that point? quit? oh no not me. so i started to just inject it instead. my arms would look like someone took a hammer to them because of all the bruising. i would run out of veins to use. even on my feet and ankles i would inject. at this point my nose does not drain at all. i have to snort handfulls of water and use q-tips to clean out the build up of thick muccus that look like scams at leasee once every single day and usually a couple times of day. but like i said on the beginning. this is the least of my problems. i have made so many bad decisions that i now live in a world shame and regret. i almost lost both of my brothes because i slept with both of there wives. i almost lost my parents because of stealing from them. not only money but i would take my moms pain medication to a point that she would run out. seeing a loved one in withdrawals and knowing why it is happening is terrible. i have not had a girlfriend in 7 yrs. i just didnt care. i have no friends whatsoever. drug friends are not friends by the way. i went to jail for getting into a fist fight with my brother. i have had my car reposessed. i then almost let it happen again. i have no real possesions. can not pay my bills. i've had my licence suspended many times for not having insurance. the last time i failed to appear in court so i was pulled over and arrested for the bench warrant. when i was pulled over i had 5 grams on me and a bunch of needles, both of which they found of course. i spent 4 days in jail before i could get bailed out. i now have court for those charges in about 2 weeks.  but let me say this. as bad as all this sounds i know that i can get through this hell. i am now going to rehab. i have the full support of my family and of work. work knows because i was driving a company truck when i was pulled over and arrested. and my family because my dad bailed me out (thank you dad). honestly at this point i am happy to be alive. so f\or anybody reading this i say this or to any one battling addiction. quit while your ahead and have faith that you can beat this demon and also that i can beat this demon. i wish you all luck, happiness and a long life in your sobriety. it might suck now but i have already been to hell and sat next to the devil as he laughs at me. now is my turn to laugh. its our turn to laugh.
Cocain is a killer. My b/f had been clean for just over 5 yrs until Sept.19. he relapsed for the first time. In the early morning hours of Sept.20th he died of a massive heart attack in our bathroom floor. He had went to the ER a few hours before with his blood pressure 200/100. They sent him home after getting it down. When we got home he was throwing up and said he didn't feel good. We didn't know he was having a heart attack. Didn't even know throwing up was a symptom. I loved my b/f very much now I feel like a part of me died with him. For you and your families sake fight that demon with every thing you have in you. He had fought so hard to stay off that stuff. But our next door neighbor, his so-called friend knew he was a recovering crack addict was on his porch smoking when my b/f went over there and he made a very bad decison because he had been drinking that night. My b/f told me he was ashamed he let it happen. That night at the ER I had told him I didn't want to lose him and about an hour after we got home he died. We didn't even know the man smoked it. He's a sixty yr old lowlife who just used and took advantage of my b/f's good heartedness. He always tried to help people. My b/f was only 42. He died 5 yrs to the day they buried his brother. The pain of my b/f's death is so unbearable, i can't hardley function from day to day. i go on the internet just to research anything I can find on crack and the effect it can have on people. My life will never be the same again. My daughter has lost 2 dads before she is 6 yrs old. Her real dad died when she was 2 from health problems and i met my b/f 7 mths later and he stepped in to be a dad to her and now he's gone from her little life.
PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE USING COCAINE ON A DAILY BASIS.  PLEASE STOP!  I used cocaine for 3 years every day and it has messed up my nose and teeth.  I have been off cocaine for 10 months now but my receding gums have not gotten any better and my nose is not the same and probably never will be.  I lost clients and eventually my abuse led to bankruptcy and foreclosure.  What amazes me most is how I continued to use it everyday watching this all slowly unfold, and nothing mattered to me except for getting my next 8 ball.  At some point you have to pay the piper, and destroying your life is not worth the small amount of pleasure.  I remember the daily routine of laying in bed as the sun came up with my nose on fire and missing the entire day, family functions, etc. What cocaine does, ultimately, is suck the life out of you.  If you are using right now you know it is true.  And the crazy thing is...watching you destroy yourself probably will not be enough to make you stop.  You can go back to a "normal" life after you quit, but there will be consequences that stay with you the rest of your life which will make your life far worse than it would have been if you never used.  You cannot change your past, but I beg you to stop the damage in the present.  I don't miss cocaine, I regret every doing it in the first place.  Why do us with addictive personalities seem to have to learn everything the hard way.  There is nothing glamorous about cocaine once your health and life starts the downward spiral.  Trust me.          
I have a cocaine habit which I absolutely hate. Why do we continue to do things we hate. For a temporary feeling of euphoria. I realize I have been justifying my behavoir and trying to convince myself that it's not much, or that the damage is minimal and it won't affect me the same as everyone else. Reality check! I have been an occasional user in the past, however, after a very devasting loss of both my mom and dad within six months (at only 69!), I have become quite attached to the drug that makes me feel happy and on top of the world. Getting high has caused a whole new set of problems though, problems I do not want. I started using coke as a spice to pot - an extra kick. I suffer from anxiety disorder, so after prolonged smoking, I had to quit - I was having panic attacks every time I smoked the 'juicy'. Great - no more pot - I didn't like feeling straight. It let me think too much and I missed the brain haze when high. I decided to start snorting. A binge here and there at first, then gradually I would have a hit in the morning before work...then on the way to work...then at work. My health really started to suffer. Depression, anxiety, gastro-intestinal problems, heartburn and on and on. I was seeing my doctor constantly and having blood work, scans, etc., trying to determine the problem. As crazy as it sounds, I refused to acknowledge or believe cocaine was causing the problems. I thought I was just sick with a mysterious disease and cocaine would help me forget the sickness it was causing - for a while that is. I tell myself every morning how much I hate it and never again. I succeeded stopping use for work. It always made me feel better to get going in the morning, but the more I did, the more I needed. I couldn't reach the same effect any more, which only caused more usage. I couldn't stand suffering all day at work, so was able to end that cycle. I honestly believed I could master stopping for almost half a day. It's easy to promise quitting when you feel like crap. Then, the closer it came to the end of my work day, I couldn't wait to get home to snort more!!! Anyway, to try to make a long story short, I want to say how glad I am that I found this forum. Reading each persons' experience made me realize that I am not alone (like I feel I am) and that being ashamed isn't enough to make me stop. It came to me this morning that the way to shock my system is to read about what the damage of snorting coke was doing to my nose and my body. I MUST STOP NOW, before the damage is irreversable. Not only is my nose at risk, but my heart and other organs are also at risk. I have two beautiful grown children who have yet to have grandbabies. I don't want to miss out because of a stupid drug that makes you feel great for a minute and then all comes crashing down - over and over.

Thank you all so much for sharing your hearts and giving people like me encouragement. I really feel like I had my last binge last night. Never to return!

Prayer and due dilligence.

I would love feedback!
Thanks so much for sharing your story and more important for admitting you have a big problem and determining to do something about it.  If you will copy what you wrote, click on the "Post Comment" button and paste it in the new box, more people will see it - and they need to see it!  :-)
do you think its that dangerous to binge on cocaine for about a week out of 6 months? At first I used coke about once in 6 months for 2 years. Then about 6 months ago I had made some extra money and binged for about 2 weeks, when I started that I was doing about 1/4th a gram a day, which gradually increased to about 3/4ths by the end of those 2 weeks. Then i was off coke for another 5 months, and snorted 2 grams in one night, and put it down for another 6 months, and for the last week I've blown between a half gram and three-halves grams of really good **** i've been getting on the discount, i know i need to take another 6 months off but i really think i can regulate myself to about a gram every 2 or 3 weeks since its probably going to be available I don't know if i can avoid it for another 6 months... well the good thing is i'm going away (not to jail just traveling) for a month so I'm pretty sure i'll be okay.

I won't lie, i love doing coke. But usually I become rather disappointed in myself at the end of these sporadic binges. Some of you binge for 4 months and I have to ask, is it really that easy to lose control? I know I care too much to not let it go overboard and stop after a week binge, but hell, four months? I used to say I would quit cocaine forever if i ever got nosebleeds, and i've blown out bloody snot and don't consider that a full on dripping nosebleed at all or in any way. so I guess i have my ways to justify my own problems... i'm just saying I don't think its that bad if I just binge on coke for a week when you all hit rock bottom and I stay on top of my life. but right now my sinuses are quite swollen and I have finished off what I had left. That's pissing me off because they were swollen before I took my last 4 lines and I would have been much better off going to sleep 3 hours earlier and waking up to a less stuffy nose and a pretty mirror, but then again I probably would have grabbed just one more gram to hold me over until i got to the airport, and make it at least another month without coke.

I think it is probably important to add that I have never allowed myself to smoke cocaine in any way, only snort it. I think that would be really dangerous to my habits but I do not do cocaine solely for the high that smoking would provide and intensify. So all you crack heads out there i bet you wish you never smoked it and stayed strictly sinus, i'm glad i did.
Dude, this is an old post so feel free to start your own if you come back on. I am not sure what to tell you, since it's obvious your not ready to quit, but to answer your question, YES it is dangerous to binge on coke like that. Ive been down that road man and you dont' want this. I told myself too that it was under control, at first it seemed like a miracle drug, but that changes. Your sinus problem is the least of your worries with coke.

This drug will take you down and addiction is progressive. If you actually want help, send me a message or post. Best of luck.
Just because you don't smoke it, doesn't mean it's not an addiction. I was able to be a functioning cokehead ( I also just snorted) for 15 years. Until I got to the point where I didn't want it in my life, and I burned a nice hole in my septum.

FYI, I never had a full on nosebleed either. I had the same thing you did, occasional bloody snot. And I did end up with a hole in my septum. It will happen to you if you don't stop. It's the nature of the drug and what it does to you physically. It will do a lot worse than that too. It messes with your heart, your brain, everything.

Like Gizzy said, it doesn't sound like you want to quit yet. But the day will come that you do, because even though you just snort it and don't smoke it, it will still take your life away from you.

You have to ask yourself, why do you keep going back to it? You obviously miss it when it's not around, and that's a problem.

I hope you decide to take care of yourself and quit. Cocaine is a bloodsucking monster and it will slowly, but surely, bleed you dry.
unfortunately, I will be honest with you. There is no way for it to heal. I have a hole in my nose and I have not used in just over three years, thank you Lord. I have been to all different Doctor's most recently a month ago. They used to have surgery where they could perform surgery on your septum or whole in your nose but they don't do it anymore. I am sorry to break the bad news to you. If you do not believe me, ask and Doctor you goto. They don't have any surgeries for a ruptured septum either. I Thank the Lord that you are alive.God saved us for a reason, find out what that reason is and share your testimony. God bless.
I haven't been doing cocaine for a long time but over the last month i noticed i was almost getting high everyday.i notice my nose hurting and turning red but of course kept ignoring it,than i made a path to quit lasted 4 days..then the fifth day did hardly any and i took a flashlight to see what was wrong my nose is red all over and i have a scab that go's farther back and turns yellow i also notice a little hole in the middle ware its eaten away at my nose. am under age and cant go to a Doctor, i wanted to know if this was permanent damage? this has made me feel more like a druggie more than i ever have and has put an end to my addiction! anyone know how bad this is? plz comment
I found this interesting journal. http://www.entjournal.com/Media/PublicationsArticle/GREENE_08-05.pdf . I know the title is about snorting oxy-contin, but it thoroughly covers cocaine damage to the nose as well. I have the same problem. Snorted regularly for about 10 years the last 3 years of heavy usage were daily.  I am now done. It has been about 3 months and I have no desire to ever touch it again. I just grew out of it. The last three years I have only minimally "partied", but my nose seems to just keep getting worse. It's the left side as well. I turn 30 next month and am enrolled in college. I do get prescribed adderal for my adhd now that I am back in school and every time I take my adderal, my nose gets extremely dry and the sore gets severely inflamed. I do not have a hole, I had a doctor look at in in the E.R. last time I went and he said there is not a hole.  There is this insane mass of cartilage, though, and it just will not go away. Did anybody try the Aloe Vera and oatmeal remedy? I just don't understand how it is possible for a sore to NEVER heal. There has to be some relief.
hello i am a 35 year old women i have been snorting for 15 years i have no inside to my nose i can see the hole to my skull when i look in the mirror so please stop or dont ever start i am so scared that i might have a bad infection i dont know what to do so please stop i beg of you guys STOP..
it's incredible how you cokeheads or even other drugs addicts, just dont know how to use coke.

I'll tell you how, do it once in 4 months , if you just stop doing coke, you're obviously gonna do it again, and as you didnt even thought of doing it only less often, u have 2 options in your head: DO IT A LOT, or STOP IT.

The right way is always the midterm.... you can do it once each 4 months, 3 times a year, its ok ... you gonna have a great buzz, and  you dont get those long term effects
Try hyperbaric oxygen.   The extra oxygen to the nose helps healing
ive dont white over a year i am 16 now but if you stop doing it your nose will heal over time i have a hole on the inside of my nose from blowing coke its minor dont get stressed about it
hi i was snorting cocaine for a very long time and as a result have hardly any of the inside of my nose left.But now all the time i get a very nasty smell in my nose so bad that i dont talk to people incase they can smell it to does any boby know what this is and is there any thing i can do about it please
Davey,

This is a very old thread.  I would suggest you start a new ask a question thred so more people will respond.

I would definitely suggest seeing a doctor if you have an odor coming out of your nose.  That does not sound good at all and could mean infection.
Hey man. Sorry to hear the bad news about your nose. I am glad to hear to hear that you have quit. You and me are one the few. I have had sergery (surgery) to fix my reputed septum at one of the most well known places. Thank God!
I was told by one of the top surgeons that if I got surgery to fix the hole in my nose, that it would be derimental and have a lot. There is basically no way to fix it. If you were to try it will make the situation a lot worse than it is now. Getting you ruptured septum fixed can me very beneficial!I had it done but I still have poll ups in my nose. I go see the surgeon every three months. They can only get some of it out every visit because it is so painful. One thing that will help is to buy you a squirt bottom and put salt packs inside the bottle with water, Do is twice a day, You can get both of the items otc at cvs I hope this helps!
All cocaine is cut with additives/chemicals- from baking soda to dry wall causing horrible damage to mucus membranes. Does your nose make a whistle noise when you breathe? Chances are that its surface damage- but with continued cocaine use will result in further septal erosion causing a hole. Its true that the only treatment for a hole in the septum is surgery- an ENT (ear nose & throat) surgeon will put what we call a "Septal Button" in the hole to correct the issue. For now, get some over the counter antibiotic ointment and apply to the area 3 times a day with a q-tip- esp at bedtime- if its causing pain u can get the ointment with pain relief. Keep a close eye on it and keep ur fingers from touching it (finger nails are one of the top body parts that carry infection causing germs). The crusting is a result of the bodys natural response to treat the problem- dont pick at the scab or remove it. I know its hard and embarrasing to admit to your doctor that you have been a user- but please be honest with your doctor- it beats staying silent and risking any permanet damage to your body. Although the tissue damage is not life threatening- the damage cocaine does to your heart and blood vessels is. I lost my sister due to a brain aneurysm caused by weakened blood vessels on the brain from cocaine abuse, she was only 43. Dont beat yourself up over mistakes like this, despite 14 years in the ENT medical field I too fell victim to cocaine addiction knowing full well the risks involved- I know it makes you feel amazing for 20mins, but is it worth the physical, mental, and financial damage? One day i looked in the mirror and didnt recognize myself and hated who was looking back at me- I stopped using when i found out i was pregnant- but the withdrawl (withdrawal) caused me to miscarry- it was an eye opener. I replaced my urge to use with activities that i love such as photography and taking my dog for walks and focused on training him. It helped a lot. I also found going on walks/runs while jammin to great ipod music helped. At the risk of sounding cliche'- loving pets are the best treatment- if you spend the amount of time you spent getting high on quality time/attention w/ your pets- and spend the money on taking them to training classes or even just a shopping trip to "Petco"- you will be amazed at the positive results for both you and your pet! Also NA meeting are very supportive and helpful. Again dont agonize over this mistake, look at it as a learning experience that someday may be useful in helping other addicts beat this addiction by being able to relate and empathize and share your story to help open thier eyes. I wish you well- good luck
ATTENTION!!! Man let me tell u some real **** son. I'm 35 yr old male. I did my thing fa yrs. and my nose started out w bleeding then the sores then the extreamly headaches that's unbearable. Real talk um going thru it currently. From using the triple anti to neo. To infalmatory Stuff. All the meds work n some sort of way but stupid me i kept using Along w the pain n at night and the early psrts of my days was bad cause um n pain N blowing my nose all day n night. Standing under the shower letting water run up my nose to blow out the junk. Yea I stop just recent cause it's painful. And I've had these sores n nasal problem a little over a yr now. I'm just starting to attempt to go into a healing process. The sores are all inside both nosrals I have two holes that lead to the other sided of each other. Once either they get real raw n hurts or form scabs crust that hurts the inside more so cause the nose is sensitive. Your nose as well as anyone else's probly has an infection in with the dr prescribe the meds and theyll start to work more than likely I'll need to revist to get more meds cause it's seems like a long process of healing. Be prepared to go thru the pain. Yea if u use cocain to dry out ur nose only take a few bumps then u can get to the scab to pick it out cause it hurt so bad at the time. If u use any more that u will keep worsening it. Trust me lady's and gentlemen I'm telling u this from real current experiences stop using now if u can. It was hard for me but **** it I'd rather stay heathy and alive. These nasal pains and headache and around the eye pains feeling like fluid around the head aint no joke. N I feel bad cause the people around u have to suffer also. Blowing n picking ya nose all night u can't sleep at all till ya body shuts down after all the pain n runny nose nights n mornings. COCAIN IS A HELL OF A DRUG LIKE SOMEONE SAID. THE ***** AIMT NO GOOD N THE END!!! It's sad I can't say to my ole lady n family what the real problem was but thank God I came to realize it was time to quite. Too much of anything will eventually cause u problems if u don't be mindful of the current and future case and effects. I could have lost everything a time or five if I wasn't in control some sort of way. I'm very successful n a way but far off cause I liked to party get high and **** the girls. Now that I'm changing some things my life will get a lot better. Make better choices people. Don't keep the choice to do cocain. I have pictures of the inside of my nose that I could sell to Dr.'s and universities that should scare off a cocain user I have pictures of buggers and hug scabs that shouldn't fit in you nose. If I could post them I would. It's real and I'm n a painful healing process massaging my head n face as I type people. STOP USING COCAIN PERIOD!!!!!

I'm from London and have been using cocaine for about 10 years. It started off on the odd night out and over the years has developed. About 8 years i became addicted to crack. I lost 5 stone in a year just skin and bones and my teeth started to fall apart. Thank fully i did manage to get off it and haven't touched it since. Unfortunately i needed to find something to fill the gap so drinking and snorting cocaine became my vice.
I don't snort everyday maybe once a week sometimes twice but when i start i can't stop and can sit for days just sniffing. I have so many debts due to this and when i look back i realise how much that stuff has damaged my life.
I have now found an indent in my right nostril (i don't think it is a hole as there dosen't appear to be any damage to the left nostril, however i have noticed my left nostril the width at the back is smaller than normal) and when i look in the mirror into my right nostril it looks black (i'm guessing dead flesh) This has scared me more than anything as my family are unaware i still do cocaine and i work for a law firm so wouldn't go down well if my nose suddenly collapsed.
To be honest i don't even enjoy doing it anymore, its almost habbit. When i'm home bored i think i'll just get 1 gram and end up doing 5.
Part of me is grateful i have problems with my nose because i probably wouldn't have stopped otherwise.
I have now been clean for 4 weeks and although my nose is still sore and the indent will never go it is starting to get better and less painful. My biggest issue was my so called friends that did it. I have had to cut myself off from them otherwise i know i will use again.
I am going to see the doctor soon just to check there isn't a hole or infection, but i would be grateful for your comments if there is anything i can do to help the healing process (if i can)
Thanks for reading
i am seriously gratified at finding this post , i had a very low period in my life in the previous four months and had the exact similarities to your post except my cocaine was methadrone (meth) , i have a deep hole inside my nostril but i can from my heart say that its all my own fault. I turned to drugs because i thought that was the only way to get a good experience in my pessimistic view of my life (created by comedown and effects on home for weeks of addiction). My family was addicted to it after my grandfathers death and it built a euphoric relationship reality between them all but it needed meph as a fuel. Once it went illegal and they stopped i was forced me to the streets due to the whiplash of the rehabilation to ordinary life for my mum , i was accused of using (and ******* dealing) although i was only 15 and i never touched until 2010 and that was the only time before my recent 4 period. Although the high was good and it was not actually meth but some other form of methamphtamine and this was my excuse for the hate and blame on the substances effect on my youth that i had. I was feeling good up but doing it irresponsibly and starting to go on life threatening binges for days and getting myself into payable but unaffordable debts.I told my mum after feeling like i was going to die on the home returning day after 3 days of sleepless and food deprivation to help me stop and yet i kept relapsing after promising her i wouldnt be near and feeling like i could and even persuading myself that the lie i was telling myself of not being an addict was soooo real. It took my mum crying and me seeing myself in her shoes in her episode to see i was hurting everyone around me aswell as giving up on my  normal life to lie hating myself after taking it thinking the high outweighted the consequences before but feeling like why did i just get into the same scenario again after . It got to the extent where my mum just looked at me with no respect or pride in her eyes everytime i came in and i had made her feel that her help and advice were nothing and that my promises were repetitive and had not a single bit of evidence. I have stopped and all because its not the physical effects but the emotional loss that it causes and the fact that i stopped trusting anyone because i didnt trust my own promises that i had made to them and myself everytime they done something to help , i had stopped getting support because they felt that i was just lost to them. I have still had relapses but with a far better mindframe with no consequences because instead of anytime is suitable but whenever i can do it without affecting anyone. I still hate myself but you must crawl before you can walk. I am scared now my nose will never heal and i will hate my ownself for damaging something i treasured and that i am lucky to have along with my body. I offer this advice to anyone here , although it is a good high and you might not upset anyone , the next time you let down your football team or call in sick to work and it is any sort of irregular action that is the whiplash of taking any narcotic that's when to stop . think about where if continued you would be in a year in reality , and also if your taking and thinking awk its worth it , think about how you would feel or judge someone you love or care about doing what you are or are thinking of doing and how their shoes would feel on your feet. I'll pray that you realise after reading this that its time to stop before you go to extent that i had of feeling suicide but only not my family's fault this time and that i can stop another life being destroyed and YOU might not have as much luck at getting your life repaired after like i have. <3 please take heed to my warning :/ i seriously mean that although i seem like another waffling ex-addict and i took all warnings as wise up its not as bad as their making it , you will do as i do and look back and say i wish id listened ....