Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cocaine damage to nose

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Cocaine damage to nose

I used cocaine a lot in the last 6 months (about a gram a day or every other day). I woke up one morning to find the skin inside my left nostril had been eroded, this is the side i snorted the cocaine and now makes the my left nostril look really big and poeple keep giving me strang looks.  This was he wake up call i need and have now stoped for a month or so which was really hard, i don't plan on going back.  I am so depressed and angry with myself that i can't look people in the eyes or want to lave home anymore.  My question is that recently that side of my nose has has a scab growing on it with what looks like dried skin and i don't know if this is the skin healing itself or eroding more?  I will never touch cocaine again and i can't bear to look in the mirror either, to say this has ruined my life is an understatement.  Work seems impossible to wake up to each moring.  I can't find the information on the internet that i am looking for and need some help or input? I don't have a hole in my nose thank god as it didn; get that far but i fear the worse.

Thank you for reading
stay off the blow, ya have skin covering scar tissue, lucky ya caught it b4 ya did develop a hole... you will get better the more ya progress on clean time.. DONT pick at the dried skin , or the scab.... it will fall off on its own when it is done healing your nose. as for the left nostril being bigger, i think alot of that is in your thoughts, as i burnt a hole at 15, and my nostrils never changed. stick to not snorting, and join this community!! you are just now getting to where the mental grasp of cocaine is gonna be grabbing ya!! good luck n much love....
Is the fry skin on the out-side of your nose? Limbo
the dry skin is on the inside on my nose where the cocaine has damaged it. newmanagement thanks for your comment.  I must say that when you stop cocaine it does have a massive effect on your brain and paranoia takes on a new level of meaning.  My left nostril looks bigger because the skin inside has been damaged. Man i hope your right and it gets better?
glad you stopped, i had problems with my nose too, and i had those skin scabs for 2 months, but now, it's so much better. yours will heal somewhat, it's still early. man i hate coke, glad im done with that **** and glad you are too
I am now 1 month and 2 weeks without coke. I must admit that i am starting to feel better.  The tissue in my nose is starting to re-grow which is a blessing i thought would never happen.  I'm never Tocuhing cocaine again.    
so good to hear, congrats. one month off coke was a big turning point for me also. sounds like you got off that **** just in time. glad to hear you will never go back, it's a dead end road, congrats again
funny i spotted this. month ago would have been better. I spent quite some time in peru in '80-'82 and one of my native buds had given it up. I could understand once he showed his nose. huge hole. well sure enough in time i was getting scabby and, well, the needle solved that prob. anyway yeah paranoia man, not good, glad your trhru               ciao  
just a question, as i know virtually nothing about coke.  if snorting the stuff erodes the inside of your nose, wouldn't mainlining it erode your blood vessels?  that seems even scarier than an eroded nose to me.

Lucy
Unfortunitely the damage to your nasal membranes is completely irreversible.  Stop now before you do serious damage.  I'm not sure where the other posters got their info but eroded tissue in the nose never gets better.  Most of the other effects of cocaine abuse such as psychosis and paranoia do get better after stopping.
first of all the hole never heals, your right. but the eroded tissue DOES .  I am5 months clean from coke and i have no more scabs, no more pain and no more problems and i have a detached septum. i got my info from 5 years of using so much coke.

your wrong, it does heal, just not the hole. don't know where your getting your info, but your wrong
if ya need ne medical advice , check with usarmymedic.....holes will not heal! but like gizzy says, eroded tissue will be covered by scar tissue.
this is soo good to hear i have no hole but eroded tissue and im glad to see that it will heal in time im never touching the stuff again!