Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cocaine nose/face/mouth pain - PLEASE help!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi, I'm a 24 year old male and first started doing cocaine about 3 and a half years ago whilst on holiday. Basically did it most weekends since, but only at the weekends not during the week. Towards the end of last year I decided I no longer wanted to do coke, and started moving away from my friends who were all still doing it. Did it for the last time before Christmas, so 3 months ago now.
Thing is, since then I've had the worst pain in my nose I've ever experienced. The pain is centered on the bridge of my nose, and I get shooting pains in my septum and pain when breathing in. I have a severe pain in the roof of my mouth, feel as though I have liquid dripping down the back of my throat, and basically just feel like my nose is collapsing. I never had any problems whilst I did coke, it's only since January this year that the pain has appeared.

The tip of my nose is definitely narrower on either side (this is something I noticed about a year ago, but didn't realise at the time that cocaine could be the cause) and has been getting gradually worse over the past 3 months. I feel that if it doesn't stop the 'narrow points' on either side of my nose will meet in the middle and my nose will collapse - is this possible?

I've been to see an ENT specialist to said my septum wasn't perforated and that I didn't have a hole in the roof of my mouth, but I'm not convinced. He tried to reassure me and has given me a low dose of anti depressant which can be effective for facial pain, but I honestly can't understand why it's still happening now I've stopped using the coke. ENT guy is gonna refer me for a CT scan, but it's so frustrating as it can be 6 to 8 weeks inbetween seeing him, and in that time I feel like my nose deteriorates and the pain is getting worse.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just really anxious and scared. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
That is very scary .I can understand your fears .Maybe you should get a second opinion
i have a damage nose from 5 years of heavy coke use also, i damaged my septum and it was scary. im not sure as to why it's still happening for you. although the hole never heals, my nose has improved greatly, but it took a couple months of being clean. im almost 5 months clean now, and i still have minor problems, but nothing too bad. if your specialist said your septum is not perforated then it's not. i wish i had an answer for you, but my nose has healed somewhat. glad your off the coke though buddy, it's a terrible drug
If you find the antidepressant isn't helping then consider stopping taking it. Aytipcal facial pain from cocaine use is not uncommon, and most doc's assume it's all in your mind (hence, the antidepressant).

Are you getting this more in the morning, or during the day?

I remember getting it but it wasn't too bad for me. At it's worst, I took ibuprofin and used hot/steaming towel wraps on my face.

It isn't by chance your allergy season? It could be you're having a sensitivity reaction from the damage from cocaine use.

I also took a decent amount of iron and other bone related supplements at the time. I'm not saying ANY of this was helpful, it's just what I did.  I couldn't swear to this day if it either just went away or all this helped make it hurt less and dissapate quicker.
i agree with avisg, get another opinion.  i too have nose damage from the coke, but my pain is no longer there.  good luck to you
cathy
The one harsh thing is I don't think they can do much about it. They can restructure a collapsed septum due to burned away cartilage...but unless something's changed in the last 15 years (may have, been a while) they can't give you something to repair mild-moderate damage.

I should rephrase that; they won't give you something. Any treatments would generally be over the counter and most specialists don't tend to think in terms of OTC/herbal/vitamin treatment.
Thanks for the quick response. I just don't understand what's happening to me. The pain is constant, all day, never stops. If it's cold outside it hurts my septum pretty bad, and when I'm lying on the couch it feels as though someone is standing on the bridge of my nose. The pain in the roof of my mouth also aches all day, and despite what the doctor said I'm sure there's a little hole there, as I can feel liquids dripping down my throat a few minutes after drinking, but again maybe that's just me worrying about it.

Basically it's taking over my life. I've got a good job and amazing girlfriend and I just want that whole episode of my life to be over. I wake up every morning and my heart pounds until I look in the mirror and see if my nose is any worse.
this is a gross question, just want to know how bad the hole is. can you put you finger through one nostril to the other. if you can than chances are you have a detached septum
It could be that you didn't feel pain before because the coke masked it.  It use to be used for pain and numbing.  I totally understand your concern and fear, but remember you are now feeling these emotions bare naked with no buffer and that really makes you nervous.

I'm so happy for you getting off of that.  Be good to yourself right now, it's a fragile time.  Take all of the opportunity you can find to rest and recover completely.  That might mean bed rest a few days and keeping out of the cold or anything else that makes your pain worse.

Lisa
Sorry to hear you are suffering. To me it sounds like you might have an INFECTION which could be very dangerous. I would either get in to see another Doc, and soon, or check out the Emergency Room.

Maybe you should pay and post on the Medical Forum??

Keep us posted how you do and maybe it will help someone else who has a like condition.

Best of luck to you,
Jay
Have you tried taking an antihistimine? If it's just a skin cell thing, they do have a numbing effect. It could help relieve the pain.(I wish I could think of a better suggestion).

Did he check for infection? I'd assume he would...but a mild infection could cause this.
My GP gave me two rounds of antibiotics in february in case it was an infection, but that did nothing to take away the pain. In response to gizzy32 - I don't have a 'visible' hole in the septum, and both the GP and ENT guy said they also couldn't see any signs of a hole. Despite what the ENT guy said about my nose looking healthy I still can't take my mind off it. The pain is very bad and there all the time, and I KNOW something is wrong but I can't think what to do about it. I've researched it on the net nearly every day for the past couple of months and think I might have damaged the lateral cartilages in my nose, which I 'think' would cause the dints on either side as they appear to be where the lateral cartilages would normally be, but again, I'm not sure. Does anyone know any number / service I could call that could offer me more advice? I don't think I can wait another 2 or 3 months for a scan. I'm based in the UK by the way so any numbers / health advice lines would have to be UK numbers. Thanks
i am so sorry, im not sure who you would call about this. i find it strange that he can't see no hole and your having these problems, i am really baffled by this one. i know the exact pain your talking about and it makes your eyes water. when you wake up in the morning everyday it feels like someone just punched you in the nose, but in most cases it gets better after a month. i wish you luck and im sorry i couldn't really answer your question
go to your dentist to make sure its not a front tooth giving you the problem.. An x-ray will rule that out .. besides the ENT would have told you if it was a hole there.. Now it could be an infection in sinus but again ENT would have seen that.. I would go to dentist next.
i agree BornTwoRiff. great point and advice.
Thanks BornTwoRiff, but I've already been to the dentist and got the all clear. Ironically, I've always took care of my teeth and have never even had a filling - shame I didn't have the same sense to take care of the rest of my body eh!!

It's just so frustrating not being able to talk to anyone. The ENT guy said he would speak to me again in four weeks (two weeks from now) but even that feels like a lifetime! I can kinda put up with the pain if I load myself up on painkillers, but I've had to stop those because 2 months of ibuprofen and paracetamol each day gave me a rash and mouth ulcers, so I' back down to nothing for a weeks or so. It's the changing shape of my nose that I'm so worried about - I just don't understand what's happening. I know everyone's body is different, and that 3 and a half years of regular cocaine use (on a weekend) is quite a lot, but it's still leaves 6 days each week when I didn't do anything. Plus, now I've stopped I don't understand why the problem is getting worse. It looks like someone is pinching my nose at the tip on either side of the bridge, and every morning I think it looks worse.
I did coke for about three years and did about 7grams but never had what you are talking about - maybe go to a dr you trust and talk with them about it.
Opps - saw where you did go talk with someone - the only time I hurt was right after I was done - red nose, gums hurt like crazy, nose running ect
When you say you did 7 grams do you mean every day or every week? Were you a daily user? I only ever used on a weekend, with the occasional tuesday / thursday night. But 99% of my use of over the past 3 and a half years has been weekend only, never daily or during the week. And the majority of people I know have used for longer than me, and still do, and yet don't seem to have any problems at all.
I have the same problem but not as bad.  I get the pain in my nose every now and then and i have stopped for over a month now.  My nose is changing shape and i don;t know if it will stop.  I feel the same as you my friend.  Your not alone.  Good luck and i hope you feel better soon.  Keep me posted.
The mucosal tissues in your nose can thin and not actuallyperforate/break through...but the thin lining would be enough to cause symptoms and pain and perhaps some restructuring of your nose do to the decreased support...those tissues should strengthen and rebuild with rest...swabbing those tissues with an antibiotic ointment like bactroban could help...u need to see an ENT...but swabs or cotton balls in the cavity could help hold your normal structure of your nose until u can get in to see an ent
hi,i cant beleive that i have actually come across a site where people r discussing this problem! i noticed my nose changing shape about a year & half ago and have had exactly the same symptoms as you. also been to the ent twice,both saying that i have no real internal damage such as holes and been to a highly reccomended surgeon 3 times as my nose has gradually been changing! there is nothing that anybody can do to correct the shape of your nose...you have damaged the lower layer of skin in the nose which causes the nose to weaken & lose its structure. i also got the same pains in the same place...and when i exercised it was extreme. the ent guy said it sounded more likely to be the nerves up there causing it. Just like you,they said the inside of my nose was intact and not ready to cave in! i have the same feeling every morning when i get up & look in the mirror..i even went for hypnotherapy to try and focus my attention away from it but it didnt work. im afraid you've just got to ride this one out. i would love to know when this shape change will end as its taken over my life..its almost an obsession!! ive asked about skin grafts and fillers but nobody will risk making it look any worse.
my nose hurts also when i do coke it throbs.when i touch it u can feel it pulseateing.anyone ever had this.
hey all i too had this problem after stopping i noticed my nose changing shape, its been 51 days now and i must say it is gradualy getting better the bottom was ponched and the top above thwe bridge and i have a small dent just below the bridge on the right side of my nose, i am pleased to say it has just started to get better the lower part is filling back out the yop is taking longer!

the top will take longer as it has bone up there and is harder to heal, also this is where most the coke sits you generaly get the coke out of the bottom part of your nose.

the dent is now very tiny but still there.

these things take time

i too had pain all down my septum this will be due to the chaange in shape and the tissue trying to heal i should think.

now that the bottom is healing more i only have the pain in the top prt of my nose but it is not as sever as what i am hearing you have

the best way to help yourself is get a saline spray use it in the morning and before bed and also during day whenever the pain gets at its worst.

DO NOT touch or play with your nose inside or out this will retard the healing.

Take hot steamy showers tilt your head back and let some of the water run down your nose

DO NOT blow your nose, if you have to be gentle.

Hope this helps xx
your noses will never heal completly, as it is cartlidge and bone.  we had an army doctor on here for awhile, and he had tons of info about this on his page. It will stop changing shape eventually, but you will always be prone to nosebleeds , and it will never look perfect again. IF you continue to do cocaine , You will burn a hole completly thru the nose. My best friend to this day has a hole in his nose, and it will never heal. He got it when he wuz 17, he had been doin coke for bout 4 years almost daily. so quit snorting dope, **** ain good for ya!!
quitting snorting will help..and if it has not gone to far..it can heal...ur nose can be reshapened but it is surgically and if u have ruined the cartiledge and bone in ur nose then it would even be more complicated....have a friend who snorted oxys and when she breaths she hears a whistle as there is a hole between her 2 nares.....memories of past abuse everytime she takes a breath...worth quitting guys
This is my first post so I apologize for the length. I am an 18 year old male college student and have been heavily involved with coke since august of this year. This past thursday i visited my friends at college, i consumed a total of 3/4 g doing my last 2 set at 3 a.m. Friday night i returned home for a reunion party I induced my first line at 12 midnight and consumed 1.5 g by 8 30 a.m along with a 12 pack of beer due to euphoric drinking abilities on the drug. i sat around from about 8:30 a.m and drank a few more beers when my friends went to bed and i decided to drive down the road to go home at 3 p.m. The drive was going fine due to the fact ive driven drunk and have always been fine with it. I arrived home at 3 p.m and decided to shower so my mom wouldnt smell a drunk, i washed my face and was beginning to wash my hair etc. when i kept thinking someone was walking by the shower door, i looked at my hands and they were beat red, i shut off the shower and attempted to dry off but ended up falling down. I forced myself up and threw on clothes, next i paced around my living room deciding wether or not I tell my mom, at this point I had most of the symptoms with the exception of a severe convulsion i just had a few small ones thus leading to numb limbs etc.

So  I told my mom, and she called my dad, thus I found out my dad has been clean for 30 some years somehow pushing himself through college and such. My parents helped me through since saturday morning but Ive been up since thursday night with a consumption of about 2 grams. my last sat. morning , Ive been drinking gatorade and have had a bowl of soup to stop the stomach knots. The only thing im experiencing  is extreme paranoia and the swelling of my lymph nodes as well as a numb throat. I made the choice to not seek medical attention after my dad talked me through it and as selfish as it is I didnt care if i passed. Should I be concerned furthermore for my health besides the fact that i need to seek rehab?
Hi i have the same problem and it's all my fault for doing cocaine on a weekly basis.I used to do cocaine once or twice a week but the amount i did was heavy.I would buy like 60 dollars 1 night all for myself then in the morning buy another 20 or 40 dollars worth.I did this for like 1 and a half years only using 1 side of my nostril.Now like a few months ago i noticed my nostril looks sunkin' in.So in other words...my left nostril looks fine yet my right nostril looks narrow and u can see the dent and looks sunkin' in.I'm afraid to go to the doctor because of what he might tell me.So all i am doing is living day to day on a prayer hoping that my nose dont cave in on the right side.
But will it keep caving in?I stopped using cocaine for the last 2 months and made a promise never to do it again for this is a really bad wake up call for me.
I am not sure how much damage you have done only a dr can tell you that. I am only guessing here, but it's possible it's not as bad as you think. I did coke for 5 years, mostly up my right nostril and did quadruple what you were doing each day. I definately did damage, i do have a small hole and that part does not heal. I know some that become paranoid after and think they have dents or their head is caving in, but it's from the pain and healing that happens after. It is possible for you nose to still be swollen and sore. It may also feel a bit hollow after because you are starting to do damage and it scabs over. It's hard to answer this question, but all you need to know is the damage to your nose is the SMALLEST problem with coke use, the damage it does to heart and nervous system is scary.

I think your nose will heal, it took mine a few months, at first i could barely smell and it was painful. After the scabs and bleeding stops, it will heal as long as you don't keep using, but the hole won't. Glad this was a wake up call, cocaine kills. Congrats on 2 months clean:)
Thanks for the advise.
You shed some light upon me.
My worry is if will my right nostril get back to its normal self..because like i said
it looks sunkin' in right above on the side where the nostril starts.
I hope you stick around here, coke cravings will come and you know what they are like, it's scary ****. It will continue to heal so give it some time. Myself I cannot see any visible damage on my nose. Like I said it will heal, but if you have started to make a whole, that part won't. Is it still sore? If you come back, you can make your own post a question here cause this is an old post. I am so happy to see you clean from coke now, it took me down to a place I did not know existed.
Really it isn't sore at all..nothing hurts nor is there any pain.
Only thing i see is the dent on the side of the nostril and the "caving in " where the nostril starts right by the cheeck.That is what has me freaking out.I really hope it gets back to normal.
But like i have said,i have been clean for 2 months and plan on staying that way.

I know you said this is an old post but i don't know how to make a new post since i'e new here.I left you a pm in your box.
I work in a hospital ER.  We had a homeless man in last week who had been snorting cocaine for far too long.  When we were checking him out, we noticed he had something funny in his mouth.  After a closer look, we realized that this man had done so much cocaine that his soft and horizontal palates were dissentegrated.  (That is, the roof of his mouth, and the tissues connecting the nose to the throat were not there anymore.)  This man was so addicted to cocaine that he molded a chunk of surfboard wax to rebuild his palate.  With the aid of his wax-rebuilt mouth, he could continue using cocaine. So sad... Super clever remedy, but what a terrible drug!
I have been using coke for 2 years now. At first it was very rare...I never craved doing it and I would only do it if it was offered at a party or the bar. I never paid for it so I didnt "have" a problem in my eyes.  I have past drug use,  I did "Acid' for a while when I was 14 and 15 and then I quite everything until I was 19. Then I found exstacy and mushrooms and that was a year and a half of crazyness. Then quit everything again, oh wait then I found effedrine.....but I thought it was a vitamine cause I purchased it at my gym, and that almost killed me. My liver was over loaded but I did survive thankfully! Then after a year of being basically healthy and drug free I moved across the country to a big city and I met some new freinds. I'm in my late 20's and Ive been gradually doing coke more and more over 2 years now. I know its bad and I hate that I do it trust me. I'm at the quitting stage now,  just starting... and Ive quit smoking after 8 years back in 2002 so i know I have the will power to quit coke. What I'm worried about,  is my heart, my nervous system,  my life span......I'm trying to not do coke, I'm working out with a personal trainer and i'm eating healthy. I'm afraid i'm gonna drop dead suddenly every time I work out because of my entire past drug use. I cant tell my Doctor because I think he's the kind of person that would judge me, I cant tell my trainer because I'm deeply  ashamed and I wont admit  my bad habbits to any family or close friends because I cant bare to see thier dissapointment. My true friends from where I grew up would be so angry at me and even though I have my boyfriend to talk to,  he's now a heavy coke user and its all my fault because I wanted to do it and he just went along for the ride. ah I feel like I'm just whineing> spelling sorry
Welcome to the forum. This is an older post so feel free anytime you want to create your own question, but i wanted to respond to this.

First of all cocaine does damage the heart and nervous system unlike most other drugs, i created a health page on the effects of cocaine, but you can also google it to see the damage it causes. Since the heart is a muscle and cocaine makes your heartbeats so much faster it is being worked more and will get larger just like a muscle. The good news is that it can heal, but sometimes heart attacks happen first so i would suggest you make a serious commitment to this if you want to quit. As addicts it is SO important to get involved in some type of support group to stay clean. Coke cravings are very powerful and you will need to learn tools how to beat them. Keeping my coke addiction was lethal for me because it allowed me to keep using even though I didn't want to. If you ever need to talk send me a pm or feel free to post a question. Best of luck.

How much and how often are you using now?
I meant to say keeping my coke addiction a secret was lethal for me.
I started when I left Uiversity.
I tried it with friends at home.
I had to leave Uni due to funds.
You will never stop.
Dont blame the person that started you, the reason.
It makes no difference.
Just quit.
Its not worth it.
If you can go to work evryday (yay)..if you can (hide from your fam) yay.
You know.
Just stop.
If you cant stop...call someone.
No one knows I do it.
I called someone.
Its ****.
Please..call someone you dont know.
Goodluck.
K.
Ive been doing coke for 5 years.
I cant stop.
I do it 3 times a week.
No one knows.
My family doesnt know.  My friends dont know.  My bf doesnt know.
I go to work every day.  I am fine every morning.
But I want help.
Help me.
You do it for the first time...
You think thats it.
I never even liked pot.
DONT TRY IT.
It is not a drug that comforts you.
I feel bad for anyone that tried it the first time.
Just like crowds, its ****.
Nothing good about this.
hi spicekid, there are a lot of posts here and i didn't read them all but i was wondering.....when you saw your ENT guy did you TELL him about your cocaine use?  i didn't think i read that in your posts.  it may be a different story if you divulge that info?  i don't know.  really feel for you, hope all goes well soon
and here i thought know one else had the same issues i have. 25 year old male been doing coke almost 2 yrs.....DAILY....roughly a gram +/day....i need to stop
i say i am going to stop
i know that i need to stop
i come from good background.....i can't even think of the consequences. i work with my family and i do it during the day/family dinners/evenings WHEN/WHEREVER....the pain that your talking about is torture and doesn't stop....without the devil....ive got almost no self control or will power
someone help me.
ineedhelppleaseithurts, hello and welcome to the forum. If you go to the top of this page and hit forum it should take you to the main page where you can post this in your own question. Top left green post a question button..You will get more of the support you deserve.. I will look for you out there.. lesa
I hope you are still staying strong.

I started having cocaine hallucinations/psychosis which is what finally made me draw the line (well that and pretty much my life was falling apart because of the drug).  It is the scariest freaking thing to see dancing skeletons, demons, creatures all around you, to feel things crawling over you can you can't make it stop.  Consistent using of cocaine will do this to you, it will mess with your brain and make you go crazy, I'm not kidding.  
I hope you are ok, I know its really hard.  Its hard to feel as though you have no self control but you DO have it, it is within you, you just need to find it.  I've been through the same struggle and I know its hard, but you can do this!

Cocaine addiction is actually a brain addiction, so its your brain making you crazy, telling you it NEEDS the drug.  It will only make you sicker and sicker.

In NA they talk about a higher power, something you focus on to help in your sobriety.

Also, please see my post above about cocaine hallucinations/psychosis - trust me you do not want that to happen to you!!
I am very familiar with the pain on the roof of my mouth after doing coke. Any stimulants will cause that dreaded sharp pain on the roof of my mouth, even adderall (adderrall) taken daily. I smoked some meth last week and I had the roof of my mouth pain for a WEEK. I have no idea what causes it as I still get the pain even after taking adderall (adderrall) or E pills or any stimulant, any route of administration including oral, although smoking always is the worst. Ive just accepted it as a side effect of stimulant use.
isnt it the worst mistake to think everyone does coke so what . so whats the problem . yeh thats exactly  the problem why havnt we got the confidence in us anyway to not need help x just because everyone does it so what. so if everyone does it why dont i be unique an b different, and not do it, becos i was a shitbag,when i was younger i was skinny petite not georgeous but ok but i never felt gud about me so coke gave me the boost to be loud  an hav a laugth but now i know there was nothin wrong with the way i w b4 cos that was me x now my nose has dropped my nose is skinnier and scarier than i ever noticed before i ever had a line ,u know a line!  stop lyin ,a line of coke ! cocaine admit it . doesnt it make you feel powerful , confident,  fun,  exciting, doesnt  it, my nose is never going to look like it used to , and do you know why becos coke made me feel confident it made me not care it made me be the person i thought i shud be becos i didnt hav the confidence to be who i really was or wanted to be . dont let your past hold you . if you didnt like the way your life was ay any aspect dont repeat it with your own and dont let it make you be who u want to be x x x x
Over-use of cocaine reduces the membrane to an open wound in your nose. What happens to an open wound if not dressed properly? Infection? Pain? Possible sepsis? Roll up some gauze thick enough to hit the inside cavity and outer wall, soak it in some antibacterial solution, I recommend a gentle over the counter wound wash and shove it all the way up there.  repeat every two or three hours as needed. the membrane will begin to heel naturally without all the pain and freaking out. your welcome.  :)
for the past 3 yrs i used coke but only once every six months or so which averaged to basically twice a year, the problem was that when i used ,i did any where from 2 - 6 grams during those occasional binges(actually i went up to 6 only once)the rest of the times was 2-3 and a half grams..i havent used in almost a year and dnt have any intentions on ever using again.the thing is now i get VERTIGO spells on a frequent basis/ the first time i had an episode was a year ago and it was during my cocaine "off" time so to speak so i know i did not get this from cocain use directly.Now the catch is i hurt my back in a car accident two years ago and herniated some disks/doctors say i didnt need surgery but initally i felt the VERTIGO was coming from this intense back n neck pain..after some reserch i found that vertigo really doesnt happen from back pain so now im thnkin that maybe it was my past coke abuse that is causing these spells..F.Y.I ive never had VERTIGO during the time i was using coke (before) i hurt my back...NEVER.....after i hurt my back is when these spells started happening, does anybody have any input for me?..can it be from the coke? i dnt have any nasal pain or any thng like that at all but i do have a hole in my nose that is about the size of a regular sized pencil eraser i dnt get any problems from this,my nose is its normal shape and ive stopped using for a while even though i still smoke chronic daily could it be from the weed or is it just some time of nasal infection?? i do have an E.N.T appoinment next week so i am investigating but still would love u guys's input.
hey dude!
Im recovery addcct.
Coc mostly,been clean for jus under a year..
That backdrop never see,s to go away for me,i can harly smell much..
That pain tho,never had it..
That must be crazy..
Did yo go thru rehab to get clean?
I crave every day!!
Its driving me insane.
Im a  born again christian so its pulling ne dwn..
What advice u hav for me to get rid of these cravings??
T
wow just read this whole thread and it's unbelievable...  I can't believe the damage of cocaine.  But it's very real.

One thing I noticed that every single person in this thread that had the addiction has in common...  Is...

They all regret their use of this drug completely.  

Cocaine... It's a hell of a drug.  And wherever it goes hell follows.  It opens itself up into a market of working class heroes and sometimes makes them a working class zero.  People are misleaded with this drug pleasure and it's powder white form make it look innocent and get's you as high as angel.  Too bad that pleasure is very misleading and deceiving, just to cause destruction to life.  
Omg I'm going thru the same thing right now and I found out I had a hole when I sticked a q tip thru my nose and finally reallized I had a hole... And now it's almost to the tip of my nose, I'm seriously scared right now... I grabbed a flashlight and looked thru my nose and it looks so bad in their I can see everything full of blood as if it's tearing everything up!!! I would blow my nose so hard that pieces of what it looked like was the middle skin of my nose it's gotened very bad and the worst part is I can't leave cocaine, I do it every day all thru the night I can't stop doing it... I know I need help but I'm scared of what people would think about me I have my own company and I waist about 1,000 dollars a week on cocaine and it's only getting worst...
If I've only been usIng for a couple months and feel like there is something wrong in my nostril, should I be worried? I feel like more air is comin in an out and it's freezing

Like you I was scared to ask for help but it was the best decision I ever made.

I almost cried when I went to my doctor to ask for help and she passed me onto my local drug support group who helped me with my mental and physical state, reasons why I use and was a great opportunity to discuss my problems. I’m from England, so I’m not sure what advice an American doctor would offer.
If you are not able to speak to your doctor then try your local CA or NA group as they offer a fantastic support network.  I was really scared when I first walked into my first meeting but its great to meet people who are in the same situation.
Its not easy to stop using but I know that YOU can turn your life around for the better.
Believe me when I say asking for help will be the best decision you ever make 
.
Cocaine has probably caused you to lose the plot and it is all in your imagination.  You are paranoid it sounds like.

Maybe not maybe you have cancer or something.  Or maybe it's your body healing nw you have stopped  
Have you ever had any kind of addiction? Telling someone it's cancer is a real jerk move.  This person is not high, so don't call them paranoid.  People are here for help, don't antagonize them!  Come on, be nice!  Hopefully this never happens to anyone you care about.
you mentioned "dints" on the side of your nose.  where exactly are you seeing these dints?  I feel like I have a little indentation in the tip of my nose in the middle of it and it seems to be getting worse.  any thoughts?

im in same boat even worst mate its 5.12 amnow as im writing dis i woke up at 2pm did sum driving for mum got back home half hour later  went back asleep till 6pm had a hotdog to eat then went and got an 8th of proper flake sitting in smoking weed and doing that flake this happens everyday for 6years my nose is one big hole after bout 1cm from nostrls its not a lil hole like sum ppls on haer when i wake up i have got massive scabs of cartilage stuck sumwhere in there but really sore and wont come out i try everythng i can to relive the pain and congestion the only way i can clear is by doing a big line to stop the pain then my nose goes runny and 1 blow releases 1 massive scab that come out both nostrils where i have to grab 1 side and pull it down so the side i aint pulling goes up n pulls through other side
which very painfull but once its out i feel better i done it 2day but this time the other half snapped and didnt come out it was alot more painfull and bleed heavy for around 20mins i shined bright light im nose to see how big the hole was but my hole nose glowed bright red in all the weak spots but there was spots of the light i could c at the corner of my eyes what scared me more then the actuall whole light i could see through nostril  when shined it in opposite 1 im to eshamed to go anywhere for help and feel paranoid all the time when i leave the house i feel every knows and everyones looking and taking the **** when no1 has the right to do that to another person what makes me flip out and violent after its finished and calmed down i realise my violance is caused through my own paranoia. and where im ashamed of my addication i will not tell any1 how bad i feel health wise or turn to any1 to find the right way to deal with the damage snorting has done to my nose and face most people would start smoking crack if there septum was as bad as my was 3 years ago but i have smoked or would smoke that what makes me feel i would be worst then any doctor or ears nose and throat specalised have ever seen i dont no what the **** to do hows that for a worse story to put u off
yes, Cocaine decreases the size of your blood vessels. This makes your heart beat faster, and raises your blood pressure. Which means more blood pumping through a smaller tube, therefore you can feel the pulsating of the blood being pumped into your veins.

I have a gud size hole completely thru my nose I haven't touched coke n 6 months but my pain is at nite I can't sleep due to me breathing hurts my nose n throat so bad my throat swells my eyes.pour water n da hole n my nose hurts so bad im up e ery hour at nite cryin. I do dat hot wash cloth shower ect. nun works wat can I do its takn my life over n im so tired. please help me
Your coke was cut with something bad
I agree with you BornTwoRiff. It may be a sinus infection. Or from doing the cocaine, it definitely caused changes in your nose to clog your sinuses and make the mucus build up and causing pressure on your sinuses. I now this is painful as it happened to me. Sinus pressure can cause all types of pain. Your teeth will always ache, you'll always get bad headaches, you'll grind your teeth from the pain, you may even get cavities from the mucus drip, but that's rare, and your nose will just feel like a backed up drain all the time. The most painful part of my experience was my aching teeth. Every one of my teeth would just ache with pain from the pressure constantly. My head would feel like it was being squeezed in a freak'in VICE constantly. My only relief I found was going to a Pain Management Doctor, who prescribed me prescription pain killers eventually in a large enough dose that it finally relieved my teeth pain and pressure in my head. But the pain killers only masked the problem. And unfortunately you may have this problem for the better part of your adult life. But there may be surgical procedures these days to relieve bad sinus pressure such as mine. But I'm afraid of surgery and trying to avoid it unless the pain becomes so great, the meds no longer work.

I know all this for a fact as I went through this about 30 years ago. I can write a book about the pain I suffered and what I did to make the pain stop. Sometimes the sinus pressure was so bad, I was seeking illegal pain killers. Not for recreational use mind you, but to try and get rid of my pain as I went through worsening episodes until my doctors were able to get it under control. One doctor even though I was nuts. The doctor told me also that it was all in my head and wanted to send me to a psychologist for what she thought was all in my head. I'm sorry, no one could even imagine the pain I was in from the sinus pressure. The teeth aching was the worst.

Please forgive this very long post. I'm only trying to help by telling you some facts that occurred in my life which is also occurring in yours. If you want more advice on the help I finally received, please post me a question.

This happened when I was 20 yo, I'm now 50 and 30 years of clean from cocaine use. I will never touch cocaine again after the pain I was in and the life I had to live. Even thinking about this pain makes my sinuses and teeth ache worse.

Just remember, everything in your Ears, Nose and Throat are connected to everything else in you head, either through bone, cartilage or just nerve cells. The radiating pain along the nerve cells from your sinuses is what's causing you grief. What effects your sinuses will definitely effect something else in your head, again because it's all connected, you may call it deferred pain if nothing else. And my sinuses were so clogged, I had lots of deferred pain from all the pressure. I'm sure and certain that I was always getting sinus infections as well and sore throats constantly. All caused by the improper drainage of the sinuses. Again, the teeth pain was unbearable. The pressure from my sinuses constantly caused my teeth to ache, in turn the teeth aching caused the roof of my mouth to be in so much pain, I too thought I had a whole in it. In a way, it like having an upper molar pulled. There's always a slight chance it will leave a hole between the roof of my mouth and my sinuses. Then, between the roof of my mouth aching and my teeth aching, I would constantly grind my teeth. This was a reaction to the pain of course if for no other reason I can think of.

I think I've said enough and again, I'm sorry about the very long post. I won't blame you if you don't want to ask me any questions about my experience. You may get another long post. But I'm just trying to make a point and help and maybe scare somebody into not using cocaine. If this post saves just one person from not doing and staying away from cocaine, then all this typing was not in vain and this long post worked. See, I can write a book about my pain and the ordeal I went through. But if I were you, ask your doctors how you can relieve your sinus pressure. Sometimes laying on one side, either in bed or on a solid surface helps. Your sinuses will drain to one side and at least give you relief on that side, and just switch whenever the pain gets unbearable on the side that's still clogged. Repeat the process of switching sides until you get tired from being worn out, or you just pass out from lack of sleep due to the pain. I please hope I run into that doctor again that wanted to send to to a shrink and saying to me that the pain was all in my head and all I wanted was the pain killers for rec use. I was very offended. If I can go back in time, I'd tell her to go see a shrink.

Thank you for listening to me go on and on and forgive the rant. Just trying to help. Good luck to everyone who is looking for pain relief. Pain can rule your life. I know, it's happening to me. Again, post a question for me and I will try and answer as soon as possible if you need further information about my ordeal.

Best of luck mate.
Nancy
That's funny, because I started it due to University and all the studying I had to do, and then make it to class afterwards.