Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cocaine urticaria/Hives/angioedema

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Cocaine urticaria/Hives/angioedema

Hi, I know this is bad but I have been a recreational drug (Cocaine) user for a year or 2. I recently though had a reaction and I got rashes (hives) and angioedema. will this be a permanent reaction now and have I developed an allergy?
Also can this reaction affect my heart? I know the drug can but can the reaction/ antihistamines?
I am not a doctor however, I know about cocaine and the best answer I can give you is... yes you have developed an allergy. YOU have No idea what the people you buy from, they buy from, and so on use to CUT the cocaine. They (dealers) use everything from baby laxative to rat poison. DO NOT use uncontrolled substances even WEED is laced with stuff. If you use, you are taking the chance with your life.
YES!
yes, the same thing happened to me, I started to get hives - not only after using, but also consistently after I stopped, for over a year. Finally I got on a good prescription anti-histamine and was doing very well. Recently I slipped up and used a bit and the hives returned worse than ever, lasted over a week after only a day or two using. I'm not going to sit here and tell you you're taking a chance with your life if you SMOKE WEED like this crusader above me but yeah, most likely the hives will keep happening from the white and it could get very serious if your allergy is something that can affect your breathing (swelling in the throat) Take it as incentive to stop, it's not worth it.