Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cocaine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Cocaine

Recently started using cocaine about 4 weeks ago and it was my first time trying. Did it by myself in my home. I must admit I like it and since I started I was doing one bag a day and then started fairly quickly to a bag and a half and then one bag in the am and one in the pm. The last time I did it which was on 4/24/15 in the am I got a sharp pain in my chest and it escalated to my upper back and it hurt. I went to the ER and was admitted. Everything came back normal EKG, ECG AND ECHO. Even a nuclear med stress test was done. I admitted to the doctor about what I did but everything was normal. No one can tell me what it was from and I haven't touched a bag since that day. However I really want to but I am scared. Please some advice on what this pain can be? Could it be the coke?  I was doing about 3-4 lines twice a day.What can I do about it? Thanks for any information anyone can provide medical professional or recovering addict or just someone with a lot of info about this. Thank you
Cocaine is a stimulant that causes construction of the arteries. When the arteries that feed the heart muscle constrict, blood flow is reduced. The resulting pain is known as angina. Enough of these episodes and you progress to the next step, heart attack . This is irreversible death of some portion of the heart.  I believe the coke is what caused your problem.

So why are you home by yourself doing way too much coke? That alone party (I've had many myself) is major addict behavior. Somethings going on with you. What is it honey?
Very lonely, husband and I seperated and one minute he tells me he wants to go back and then he is not sure, trying to sell my house because I can't afford it anymore, my teenage daughter and I don't seem to get along much these days, I am stressed out with my job, not making ends meet at least until I sell house, I just feel so tired all the time and I am very lonely feeling ugly and not happy. I know its not an excuse but I tried because I wanted to but I'm scared but I really want too.
hi hb I understand where you're coming from i think.  i've been going through a lot since my divorce was finalized last year.  I still see him, etc. and he tells me things too.  that is so hard.  I am strapped financially too. and I understand about the feeling attractive part. that is a lot of stuff you are going through.  i have done a lot of coke in my time and I have to say i really urge you not to do it any more.  i am in pretty good health and i never had chest pains from coke, though i did a lot of it when i was in my early 40's.  a good friend of mine who is 46 had a minor heart attack doing coke last year.  his fiancee came home and found him on the floor.  so .... ya.  I understand the lure of coke, too, but it just isn't worth it.  I suggest therapy instead.  that is what has helped me most!!!  take care.  :)
Sometimes we think that hiding out in a drug induced haze will make our problems easier to bear but the truth is that it just adds more problems. I feel a little confidant that u will stay away from cocaine, but I worry you may turn to other drugs or alcohol.  Please don't. Emotions are meant to be felt, and once they are you can release all that pain.
I'm so sorry you are in this hurtful place.  Sounds like he has been unkind to you. All the more reason that you must be kind to yourself. You are not ugly, that's a reaction to feeling rejected. He doesn't want me therefore I am worthless. I hope you know how untrue that is. Stay here with us. You can talk out your feelings and hopefully we can prevent you from turning to drugs. Many on here have been there are are there currently. Ms Meegy above knows a lot about it. And she has conquered her pain and struggles with drugs. And she is sweet and beautiful, just like you! No more coke k? Therapy is a great idea too. Love,  MsD