Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Codeine withdrawal symptoms

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Codeine withdrawal symptoms

Day 5 of  240mg codeine c/t but still have diarrohea, insomnia and feel really really edgy as though i'm not in control.  Nasty aches and pains, sweats, shivers flu syptoms (symptoms) seemed to have subsided somewhat.  I know it sounds strange but I really didn't want to confess to my GP so I set a date and time (Monday) and decided to go it alone.  The insomnia and anxiety is driving me crazy!

How long before I return to normality?
You should be over the worst of it. Every day should start to notice things getting a little better and be right as rain within another week.

Soaking in a warm bath seemed to help me more than anything.
im sorry your still feeling bad but just hang in there couple more days and you will see huge difference...do take hot baths, showers, or sit in hot tub if accessible. if you got to take some nyquil and knock yourself out for lil while:) take any flu meds they will help lil with achyness to. let us know how you doin!!