Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cold Turkey Quitting 400mg of Oxycontin a Day
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cold Turkey Quitting 400mg of Oxycontin a Day

I am new to this group and I guess forums in general.  I have read many and have not really had my question answered.  I have been an addict for about a year and a half now, it started with percocet and vicodin here and there and graduated to pure forms of Oxymorphone and Oxycodone.  The problem with me is, I never had any physical pain.  No accident, surgery, fall, etc that would cause me to go on narcotics.  So since I was taking for purely recreational reasons I would take what I could find.  With the exception of heroin and needles, I did it.  My steadiest supply was of 80 mg Oxycontins, and when I first started taking them, I would take one a day, 2 at most.  That was six months ago. As of the last month, it would take me at least 5 (400mg) to get the "high".  Well besides having a ridiculous tolerance to these pills, they have eaten away at any extra money I have come across (easily $20,000 in the last year).  So enough is enough.  Now I have gone through WD's before, going through days of not having supply, but to my knowledge the longest I made it without giving in is about 5 or 6 days.  My main question is this: Who has been successful at really quitting? I cannot get hold of any methadone or suboxone, so OTC is my only saving grace.  I am on day 2 right now, and hoping to REALLY quit this addiction for good.  It will either kill or impoverish me if I don't.