Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cold Turkey Withdrawal from Fentanyl

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Cold Turkey Withdrawal from Fentanyl

I've been on the patch at 75mcg/72 hours for about 8 months to help me cope with unrelenting fibro pain, but as many of you know who have been trapped in the fentanyl hell, it's not worth the brief period of relief you may or may not find.

I sit here at my desk, 6 days into my cold turkey withdrawal and I want to scream. I can't breathe, I can't rest, I am unable to concentrate and I am afraid I won't make it through the time it will take to get out the other side.

Please help me with this. I am praying to get through to myself again. What should I be using to help cope with the physical side effects of the w/d? I have seen so many different opinions - I'm too confused to keep looking all around the web to see what is out there. I saw a thread from 2012, and hope that someone will hear my plea for a helping hand as well.

Thank you for reading.
why dont you talk to your doc about  going  off meds and get help thru your doc and if he doesn, t ask for a referal... goodluck.
I'm seeing him next week, but he was really reluctant to take me off, so I am making the break on my own. I wanted to get started so he wouldn't talk me out of it again. Now that I have had a week - it will be 2 and 1/2 by the time I see him - I can show some progress and get advice. And yeah, you're so right- if he's not going to help me through it, I'll move on to someone who can.
Thanks for caring to answer.
Lar