Cold Turkey from 3 months Vicodan
I'm on day 2 of cold turkey. Was diagnosed with ruptured ovarian cyst that caused severe PID! It was the ouchest.Had to take 3-4 7.5mgs Vic a day for almost 3 months just to stay sane with the pain. I tapered down over 2 weeks to 1 7.5mg Vicodan. I am now 2 days into complete cold turkey and feel generally poopey. Mild headaches, nausea, diarrhea, chills, night sweats and mild insomnia.... Plus, short tempered. Anyone out there know how long these symptoms will continue? I can handle it and am happy to be off of pills but a light at the end of the tunnel would help. Anyone? Thanks!
You have done an awesome job at tapering. Just hang in there another day or two and you will be golden. How smart you are to have caught the possibility of dependency and been proactive. You have saved yourself much struggling, even though your not feeling 100%. Get out and exercise if you can, eat some lean protein, and drink lots of fluid to wash the toxins out. Your doing GREAT!