Aa
A
A
Close
Cold Turkey from Alcohol
I have been drinking daily and heavily for about 10 years. I've gone a day or two without in an attempt to quit. Today is my 8th day. The only affect I feel, and have felt, is sleepiness. Should I expect this? How long until I feel my normal energy levels back?

Thanks.
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Congrats!!! What an acomplishment, unfortunatly I dont have any answers for you but good luck and stay strong!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
great for you!!! although i worry about you not being under doctors care, alcohol detox can be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS...please be careful,      love and peace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It can take some time..........when I quit using my sleep was distorted for over a year........
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks everyone.  (day 10)

I'm sleeping very sound, but I find myself feeling drowsy throughout the day. If anyone can recommend something good to read on this subject I'd appreciate it. I've read what I can find on the web.

Thanks!

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I too am currently going through withdrawal like you.  I feel sooo tired during the day as well.  It is really awful feeling this way.  I am going on 3 weeks of this lethargy.  I have read with some people it takes months to feel "normal."  I will go a week without drinking then have 1-3 beers.  I wonder by doing this will it start my withdrawal all over again?  If anybody knows the answer to this please HELP!!!  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i'm the same as nador, tiredness and lethargy must obviously be a symptom, i would doubt 1 to 3 beers would restart withdrawal symptoms, but whatever you normally would drink probably would set you back. mine was 16 to 20 beers and maybe a couple of shots
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
352798 tn?1399301754
Welcome to the forum! You just posted on an old post. Start a new one at top of page if you want.
Comment
Cancel
352798 tn?1399301754
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
Top Addiction Answerers
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank