Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Coming Off Several Meds All At Once

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Coming Off Several Meds All At Once

Any suggestions would be helpful.  Due to a personal finance crash, I am coming off Hydrocodone, Cymbalta, Ultram, and Lyrica all at once.  I'm tapering off but it's not feeling very good.  I've been off Ultram for a couple of days.  I've tapered from 90mg Cymbalta to 30Mg in approximately one week.  I've dropped from 40mg of Hydrocodone a day to 20mg.  I haven't had to reduce the Lyrica yet but I will soon.
If I were you I would talk to my Doc about coming off all of these meds at one time. Maybe he will help with a taper schedule OR if these are meds you need he may be able to arrange for you to get samples from the office from timt to time. But regardless, I think you should ask your Doctor if this is safe to do together...just to be on the safe side!!
u should ask ur dr for help...lyrica is not physically habitforming nor cymblata as a rule...do insteada doin a cash course...slow down a bit..u shoulda tapered the trams but u say u r done...no sense in back-tracking to taper now...concentrate on the vikes....and post for help...read the health pages..lots of good info there such as the thomas recipe...exercise rox as well...aftercare is wonderful/find a meeting near you...talk to ur dr and be safe
I take cymbalta and you cannot come off it c/t. Continue to taper and consult with your dr. I did take lyrica and stopped it c/t and i was fine. So you should be ok with that one. Tapering off any drug is a yucky process. There will be some discomfort. MAybe do one at a time??
Never Never go CT on a SSRI which Cymbalta.Continue to taper.
Plus you should never used trams with a SSRI so its good you stopped taking them. Your going to be on a rollercoaster with your emotions so just know its normal but if you get anykind of thoughts of checking out that come from no where you call a hotline first thing.
Peace
I agree with what you just posted here. You should definately NEVER go CT on an SSRI.