Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Coming off the methadone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Coming off the methadone

I was at 110 mg that was my highest dose. Today I am proud to say I am at 48mg. I am decreasing 10% of my dose every 2 weeks. I would like to know if there is any vitamins I should take. Also does anyone take quinine for RLS?  That is something they used to give at detoxes many years ago, I remember it helped me then. I cant seem to find it in the vitamin section anymore. I want to wish everyone a good morning and thank you all for the support.
Good morning to you! Its great that you are tapering so nicely.. How are you feeling? U sound upbeat and positive!! That is a good thing!!
Hi....congrats on trying to get your life back I was on methadone for 6 1/2 yrs and was at 150mg when I stared tapering your taper is good nice and slow thats the way to do it you shouldent  get a wole lot of withdrawal symptoms but some are to be expected the lower you get the more bothersome they will get just know this if your tapering and having withdrawals stop the taper till they go away or else they will get worst I remember having problems at 60mg and 40 and 20 was shear hell it took me 6 weeks to get past 20 and it seamed hopeless but eventually I got past them. as for the vitamins go to walmart and pick up the 3 in 1 vitamin calcium magnesim and zinc start taking 4 in the morning and 4 at dinner time in a few days this will cut down your withdrawals considerably it was god sent when I found this surfing the web about methadone withdrawal so it sounds like your taper is going well so far so just stick with it this is a race won by the tortus not the hair keep posting for support we all want to see you get well good luck and God bless......Gnarly  
are you meth free now gnarly ? thats fantastic you managed to come down did you use anything else once you got to a low meth dose.
You are doing so good. I am proud of you. I got down to 30mg and jumped with 2 other meds..SO Please take it slow and easy. You will still experience some w/d but not as intense as the way I did it..Keep going and keep in touch with us..Make sure you keep drinking Lots and Lots of water to flush it through.
And Yes the magnz,cal and Ds are good..So make sure you get your self some good Natural Vit/Mins..The Cs & Electrolytes in the packets are good and so is the Protein Powder you can mix with fruit. Also the Bs & Iron..
Bless
THank you everyone for your kind words and advice, I am doing all those things you have suggested I had read on here that it would help, it must be helping, I find myself going later to the clinic lately, I used to wake up and drive over right away, now I go a few hours later. I also could not go to the bathroom for 2 years! Since I started the cal/zinc/mag and chewable vitamins a miracle has happened I am going on my own reguarly I cannot begin to tell you what a life changing event that is, for 2 long years my husband and little girl would bang on the bathroom door because I would be in there for 45 minutes at a time. I am sleeping better then ever. The only thing is now I find myself with more energy and I am currently on unemployment benefits and am a stay at home mommy and wife, so I find myself cleaning till I drop. I think I may start exercising. Any advice on that? God love you all, this site is my salvation. I am upbeat and positive I just hope I stay that way.
Hi There, Well done you for coming so far. I heard quinine helps with RLS so i drank a glass of tonic water 3 times a day during detox. I did have really bad RLS for about a week (i quit c/t from codeine) but then it simply stopped...thank goodness because it's just about the most irritating symptom for me.

Keep going, you're doing great!
Jane x
Thank you so much I will def try the tonic water, does that contain quinine? You used to be able to buy over the counter but now I dont see straight quinine anywhere. Again iff anyone knows any tolerable exercises it would be appreciated, wanna safely burn off energy and keep my system going. Take care all.