Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Completely off hydro and on ultracet

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Completely off hydro and on ultracet

I feel like ****! My addiction specialist hasn't been authorized and I went to my doctor crying today. He said he was sorry the doctors had done this to me but he will not do it any further. He put me on ultracet until I could finally see the addiction specialist. I asked him about suboxone and he said he wasn't familiar with that medication so he won't prescribe it. Ultracet has never really done anything for me, so here I am, in hell again. Thank you for letting me vent. Ggin35
Tags: Addiction
He is probably not one of the certified docs who can prescribe Suboxone. Sorry you are suffering. The ultracet should help some with your pain and take the edge off of the WD.  Be careful if you take a anti depressant.. taking it with Ultracet can raise your serotonin..  gave me an awful headache when I mixed the two..
Can you call the ins. co and push the authorization along faster??  I would be on the phone raising a fit... Will they get you into a detox?? Or some kind of program to help??  I would be getting every benefit I could from the ins co.
I hope this gets better for you.. keep hanging on.. If you need anything I am here.. I am off to bed soon..

G'Night
I am so sorry you are suffering.  Vent anytime you like.  I do a lot on this board and it helps me tremendously.  Keep us posted.

Friggin insurance companies!

luv,

shel
I know. I hate them too! I have been on the phone with them. No info. I told my doc to tell them it was urgent. Hopefully help will be on the way tommorow. I'm so lucky to have you guys on this forum. You have no idea how much you help! (((Hugs))) Ggin35
(((((hugs to you)))))

Keep on them - make as much noise as possible.  Ask for supervisors - it is the only way to get things done!

I am pulling for you!

shel